Prospect Info: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
tank5.jpg

I know it's early, but I wanted to start a discussion on what could be yet another incredible draft year, possibly even better than the 2018 draft. The Ducks currently hold their own 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th and 6th round picks (IMO Bob needs to do whatever it takes to hang on to that 1st and 2nd).

Unlike last year, this draft is much heavier on forwards (especially centers!). There are also good defenders available, making this draft much more well-rounded.

Some early lists:
Craig Button's 19 for 19 list
The Draft Analyst - 2019 preview
HockeyProspect.com - 2019 ranking

kroypuck

Mar 23, 2018
This is shaping up to be a great draft year. I've got my eyes on Cam York, born in Anaheim Hills and plays for the NTDP. Jr. Ducks alum.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
If everything goes horribly wrong and we miss the playoffs this is a good year for it. So many talented, big forwards at the top of the draft.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
He really does, only thing missing is the mean streak, Getzlaf was a more menacing force in the WHL.

The combination of reach, vision and touch on a big right handed center is definitely familiar.

Dach is a better skater than Getzlaf is as well. For a 6'4" guy he can really fly. Cozens is a great skater at 6'3" as well.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
This draft has a chance to be similar to 2013 IMO
Numerous potential franchise forwards out there if you’re in the top 10

kroypuck

Mar 23, 2018
For anyone wondering who some of Sweden's potential first rounders are:

Philip Broberg - D
Victor Soderstrom - D
Tobias Bjornfot - D
Simon Holmstrom - RW
Albin Grewe - C/RW

Reactions: Duck Off

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
This draft has a chance to be similar to 2013 IMO
Numerous potential franchise forwards out there if you’re in the top 10

I'd go as far as to say that a top-20 pick will get you a blue chip F prospect. The 2019 list is just unreal.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
For anyone wondering who some of Sweden's potential first rounders are:

Philip Broberg - D
Victor Soderstrom - D
Tobias Bjornfot - D
Simon Holmstrom - RW
Albin Grewe - C/RW

Why would the Ducks be worried about Swedish prospects.;)

Reactions: kroypuck

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
I wouldn't in the least be surprised to see the Ducks focusing on Nils Höglander from Rögle BK in Sweden.

Nils Höglander at eliteprospects.com

We still have some glaring holes on the left wing and Höglander seems poised to be a Rakell-type pick come draft time. So far, he is seen more as a top-9 winger with serious offensive upside and a mean streak, but I kinda see him developing into a bonafide second line winger with a potential to score 25/25 on a yearly basis while getting under the opponents' skin despite his size.

But I agree, this draft is shaping up as a potential cornerstone for many franchises, as it is absurdly deep amongst good forwards, and I'd absolutely love to see us being able to use an in-house solution for Getzlaf in a few years by picking Dach. Judging by our roster and the already-long injury list, it's not very off to assume we'll have a top-10 pick anyway, especially with our beloved coach at the helm.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Usually I'm pessimistic on our chance and this year even more so. I firmly think that we will end up having a top 10 pick this year and with the prospect available it should be a good one. BPA should be rule n°1 but wouldn't mind selecting a C, lots of choices in that case.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I have to say I'm shocked that people think we are going to have a worse year than last year, which was truly one of the worst I have ever seen as a fan since the dark days of the mid 90s.

Reactions: HanSolo

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I have to say I'm shocked that people think we are going to have a worse year than last year, which was truly one of the worst I have ever seen as a fan since the dark days of the mid 90s.
I could see the team playing crappy first month or 2, until RC is canned and then making a late season push.

or maybe that's just wishful thinking

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
As long as RC is the coach of this team, I do not think the Ducks will go anywhere but down.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Tonight, Kaapo Kakko showed that he's easily in the same tier as Barkov and Laine were in their draft years. I don't see how he isn't a top-5 pick in this year's draft, the kid is a monster...

He had two amazing assists tonight. Videos below (#24 in black):

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
If anyone is watching Morand and Groulx in Halifax this year you're sure to notice Raphael Lavoie and Xavier Parent

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
The Kakko show was (again) in full effect tonight. #24 in white:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad