2019 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Yeah, he has some good calls.

There's a lot more real scouts that had Kotkaniemi in the top five than scouts that had him outside the top 5.

How can that be? Critics here state we MUST only listen to “professional” rankings and statements from quality analysts like McGuire!

Reactions: Mrb1p

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
He reminds me so much of Jeff Carter from 2003. Same fluid strides, same vision, same hands, same shot. He's going to be a good one.

The hands and vision is what stands out to me but also combined with his skating considering he’s a big kid.

I mean, I think I still prefer Hughes if I were to make a split decision on the spot, but Dach I am liking a lot.

On that note, he reminds me a lot of Malkin that way he moves around the ice.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
That's who Dach has always reminded me of. Now that's to say it's doubtful he's ever Malkin since Malkin is a once in a lifetime player but having someone with that size and skillset would be exactly what the doctor ordered.

Reactions: sandviper and Tuggy

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Dach has reminded me of DrDrai a lot. I guess the Malkin comparison works too since both are similar.

Turcotte is so good at controlling the play it seems, love that kid.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
I just hope we don't pass on a potential elite center if we get a top pick only because MB is set on Kotkaniemi and Poehling as our 1-2.

I'm not sold on Poehling as a 2C at all, and it's not a guarantee that Kotkaniemi becomes a 1C.

Regardless, I'd still like to draft a center next year.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He's much smoother though, big Leon has heavy feet, that's always been his weakness. Dach can skate just fine.
Thats true, but Malkin isn't a silky skater either. Regardless, I don't see Dach controlling the play the way Malkin does, either.

Still gotta see more of him, haven't really focused on him whenever I watched one of their games, looking forward to it.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I just hope we don't pass on a potential elite center if we get a top pick only because MB is set on Kotkaniemi and Poehling as our 1-2.

I'm not sold on Poehling as a 2C at all, and it's not a guarantee that Kotkaniemi becomes a 1C.

Regardless, I'd still like to draft a center next year.
Heck, even if you were to be set and think Poe and Kot turn into top 6 C's, look at what top 6 centers get you these days, imagine landing a guy like Jones for a guy like Johansen ? Shhiiiiieeeet.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Pre-draft season 2019 top 10 based on very little:

1.) Hughes
2.) Kakko
3.) Newhook
4.) Dach
5.) Byram
6.) Turcotte
7.) Lavoie
8.) Cozens
9.) Honka
10.) Pelletier

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Heck, even if you were to be set and think Poe and Kot turn into top 6 C's, look at what top 6 centers get you these days, imagine landing a guy like Jones for a guy like Johansen ? Shhiiiiieeeet.

Yep, centers have crazy value. I'd draft a center with our pick next year, and draft a Dman with the 1st rounder we hopefully get in return for Max. Then we can hopefully look to trade for a young defenseman down the road, or plug whatever other holes we have.

We do need a blue chip defensive prospect for sure, but I personally would like to go with a center if the situation is right.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Pre-draft season 2019 top 10 based on very little:

1.) Hughes
2.) Kakko
3.) Newhook
4.) Dach
5.) Byram
6.) Turcotte
7.) Lavoie
8.) Cozens
9.) Honka
10.) Pelletier

Looking forward to watching the risers and fallers in this draft year once again. Another top 5 pick with the chance to win the lottery is a dream but the dream is alive!

What puts Pelletier in the top 10?

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Looks that way but Bjornfot is a good one. He would be a great pick if we get a mid first from Patch

He did look pretty good in the Djurgården games that I saw, it'll be interesting to follow him.

What I find interesting is both how good Kokkonen looked when I watched him this year, and the fact that the last time he scored a goal (after a very productive 15/16 year old season in Jr. A) was at the 2017 Hlinka.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Pelletier doesn't look like a top ten prospect to me either.

Honestly, I haven't seen him play that much. Missed a bunch of Wild Cats games last year when they were in Halifax to play. All I remember from him is he was neck and neck with Parent in the Q draft. Moncton took him 3rd and the Mooseheads took Parent 4th.

At this stage, it's too early to tell where they go in the NHL draft. A lot depends on this next season.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Honestly, I haven't seen him play that much. Missed a bunch of Wild Cats games last year when they were in Halifax to play. All I remember from him is he was neck and neck with Parent in the Q draft. Moncton took him 3rd and the Mooseheads took Parent 4th.

At this stage, it's too early to tell where they go in the NHL draft. A lot depends on this next season.
Well he certainly looks better than Parent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad