2019 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Already looking forward to it.

Will try to make two lists this time: a personnal favorites list (like I did this year) and a "legit" list.

Some of my favorite players for this year:

Grewe (big fan)
Honka (slick D, high end skills)
Dach
Hughes (obviously)
Kakko (pretty much the perfect winger)
Turcotte
Caufield
Pelletier
Lavoie
Pasic
Lundell
Hirvonen
Cozens
Aaltonen
Bjornfot

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
What's with Montreal and Philly trading 7ths all the time? Here you can have this year's 7th for next year's, so weird.

Should be a quality top 10 in 2019.

Jack Hughes (C)
Kirby Dach (C)
Dylan Cozens (RW)
Kaapo Kakko (RW)
Tobias Bjornfoot (D)
Bowen Byram (D)

I expect all of them to be in top 10 and at least 4 to be in top 5.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
C - Alex Turcotte

American kid plays for USDP and University of Wisconsin commit. Fun fact, his father has played for the Sherbrooke Canadiens and the Montreal Canadiens. His grandfather is Quebecois but has played for Michigan State University.

I think the stars are aligned for this kid to be a Montreal Canadiens next year if he progresses well and becomes a dominant elite center.

Alex Turcotte at eliteprospects.com

Habby Patty

May 7, 2018
Ontario
Kakko is my favourite prospect from the projected top 10. 6'4 RW who got 10 points at the U18's this year with Kotka as his C. Tons of potential and sort of reminds me of Laine stylistically.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Hughes and Dach I think will be the big prizes, though a lot can change over the next year.

Cozens, Newhook, Kakko and Byram I’ll also be watching with interest.

Other names I am sure will emerge as the year goes on.

Alexandrov Cajkovix Bjornfot

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Lots of good center prospects in 2019 and fewer potential top 10 d-man, it's really the opposite of this year. The number 1 spot is a lock from the get-go like it was this year though so it's similar there.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Hoping for a masterful tank job, tons of high end Cs in the early rankings, though a lot can change. Kaappo Kakko is money as well.

Reactions: jayhabsvgk

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
C - Alex Turcotte

American kid plays for USDP and University of Wisconsin commit. Fun fact, his father has played for the Sherbrooke Canadiens and the Montreal Canadiens. His grandfather is Quebecois but has played for Michigan State University.

I think the stars are aligned for this kid to be a Montreal Canadiens next year if he progresses well and becomes a dominant elite center.

Alex Turcotte at eliteprospects.com

Wait wut ?

Alfie Turcotte is his father ? A 1st round bust for us. Think we took him 17th OA. There is a picture of him from the Draft and it's funny as he looked pretty goofy, and a bit chubby as I recall.

Forget the bloodlines advantage. Guessing that only operates if daddy showed he had what it took to get to the NHL.

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire
Alfie Turcotte was a huge bust for Habs. Our second round picks his draft year Claude Lemieux and Sergio Momesso had much better careers. Alfie never lived up to potential.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Alfie Turcotte was a huge bust for Habs. Our second round picks his draft year Claude Lemieux and Sergio Momesso had much better careers. Alfie never lived up to potential.

The sad thing is he's far from a lock on getting No. 1 line status on our all-time bust team for first-rounders, at C.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I think next year we should definitely go BPA. We have our centers now. Both Bergevin and Timmins stated post draft that they believe we have 2 future top 6 centerman in Jesperi and Poehling now. And that's not even counting Olofsson, McShane, Hillis, Danault, DLR, Hudon, McCarron, Evans, Vejdemo, Ikonen etc....

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
What's with Montreal and Philly trading 7ths all the time? Here you can have this year's 7th for next year's, so weird.

Should be a quality top 10 in 2019.

Jack Hughes (C)
Kirby Dach (C)
Dylan Cozens (RW)
Kaapo Kakko (RW)
Tobias Bjornfoot (D)
Bowen Byram (D)

I expect all of them to be in top 10 and at least 4 to be in top 5.
Maybe we got a lifetime supply of 7th rounders as a parting gift to the Desjardins/Leclair trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->