2019 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Well he certainly looks better than Parent.

Not sure... Parent was one of the best Mooseheads players in the playoffs (That included Zadina) and he turned a lot of heads with how he played and stepped up when given more oppertunity. Parent also had 3rd line minutes during the season and not sure what role Pelletier had? His regular season was much better though.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Not sure... Parent was one of the best Mooseheads players in the playoffs (That included Zadina) and he turned a lot of heads with how he played and stepped up when given more oppertunity. Parent also had 3rd line minutes during the season and not sure what role Pelletier had? His regular season was much better though.
Pelletier certainly had a bigger role. I do like Parent but he's a little guy with average skating. That's a huge red flag.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Had the same thought today.

Him or Honka for the first that Pacioretty will get us. With all the centers, I could see an undersized guy like Honka drop.

Honka looked maybe not as poised and experienced as vaakanainen did, but cut from a different cloth talent-wise. Super pumped for this Liiga season.

Reactions: Andrei79

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal

Parent is a very talented kid, always was, from the first time I saw him play in Novice playing for Blainville. I remember when he was playing at the Québec Pee-wee Tournament, people were calling him the next Mario Lemieux. Now, in Pee-wee he was one of the tallest kids, but unfortunately since then, he has not grown an inch. Looking at his parents and older sibling, we kind of had a feeling he would not be a tall kid.

Parent was by far the most dominant kid in a I saw in a very long time until Alexis Lafrenière took over in midget AAA. There are people here (that have seen both play since young age) that still think that Parent is more talented then Lafrenière.

Anyhow, I would not be surprised if Parent excels next season with the Mooseheads.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Pelletier certainly had a bigger role. I do like Parent but he's a little guy with average skating. That's a huge red flag.

Average skating, really? I will be honest that I did not watch him play last season, but I remember that skating was not one of his weaknesses. I do agree that he's not physically imposing.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Kakko with Kotkaniemi would be great. We starting to build a team now.

Yeah, Team Finland would be at a huge advantage over most national teams at the Olympics because half the squad will play together for the season , for the Montreal Canadiens.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Kakko is a winger id be down with. Hes a winger that drives the play like Svechnikov, unlike Zadina, Tkachuk and Wahlstrom. Hes really dynamic too.

Obviously, depending where we finish, first choices for me is going to be Hughes and Dach, but Kakko is currently #3 on my list. I really like Turcotte, Cozens and Newhook also, but I have Kakko ahead for now.

Him and Kotkaniemi would be amazing.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Obviously, depending where we finish, first choices for me is going to be Hughes and Dach, but Kakko is currently #3 on my list. I really like Turcotte, Cozens and Newhook also, but I have Kakko ahead for now.

Him and Kotkaniemi would be amazing.
I watched a lot of Turcotte and im pretty sure hed be worth it too. Not sure about the others like Newhook, Cozen, Dach, etc. Turcotte is another one that is sooo damn slick, I could see him become a 1C with a lot of offensive potential, hes in my too 3 atm, mainly because hes he only one I know of along with Hughes, Lavoie and Kakko.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I watched a lot of Turcotte and im pretty sure hed be worth it too. Not sure about the others like Newhook, Cozen, Dach, etc. Turcotte is another one that is sooo damn slick, I could see him become a 1C with a lot of offensive potential, hes in my too 3 atm, mainly because hes he only one I know of along with Hughes, Lavoie and Kakko.

Love Turcotte, would definitely be down with that.

Reactions: Mrb1p
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino