2019 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Cozens vs. Dach comes down to this. Cozens is more physically developed already and more polished. You are really looking at current vs potential ability. I think the ceiling is higher for Dach and that's why I have him rated higher. But that can change if the Dach I see at the end of the year isn't different enough from what I see now.
Actually what I saw in those two games had little to do with physical development. Cozens read the game better and placed himself in optimal positions i.e. better hockey I.Q. He also carried the puck better. He shoots better and more often than Dach.

And aren't they the same age? Why would you expect Dach to get better and not Cozens? Just because Cozens has a more polished game doesn't necessarily mean he can't work on it.

But as I said it's only been two games.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Actually what I saw in those two games had little to do with physical development. Cozens read the game better and placed himself in optimal positions i.e. better hockey I.Q. He also carried the puck better. He shoots better and more often than Dach.

And aren't they the same age? Why would you expect Dach to get better and not Cozens? Just because Cozens has a more polished game doesn't necessarily mean he can't work on it.

But as I said it's only been two games.

I don't agree with Cozens reading the game better. I think they both read the game at a high level. He is a better and more willing shooter than Dach, that I agree with.

Cozens didn't grow from 5'9 to 6'3 in his late teens like Kirby did. Someone said it earlier, Kirby is like a puppy with big paws. There's more physical maturation and coordination that needs to be developed there where Cozens had a more natural growth pattern to that height and you can see that there isn't a disconnect there.

Another thing is Kirby has been playing RW with a net front role, Cozens is playing C and back on the point/half boards. There's a lot more room to do more in Cozens role. But when Kirby gets space especially four on four you can see his natural game come out. Kirbys vision is better and he's a more of a natural playmaking C.

Like you said it's early. A couple games. But my projection is Kirby's upside is higher. I've been impressed with Kirby's ability to turn pucks over and use his reach to sneakily take the puck away from players.

Back to this draft.. Broberg against the Russians is incredible. He may make it hard for me to say take the C if we don't get pick #1

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Kind of nice to have Quebecois phenom again, ..might help when he turns UFA and goes home like Tavares did..
Alexis is from Toronto?:sarcasm:

I'd love for him to land in Montreal.....or even Quebec City if they get a franchise. The kids in this province need to have their interest in hockey rekindled and a player like Alexis can do it. He's going to be something special if he continues to develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad