Prospect Info: 2019 NHL Entry Draft Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
This team needs help everywhere. As mentioned by others taking BPA is usually the best strategy, but we’re not so stocked in one area that we should be worrying about building up another.

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
If we pick 5th and Byram, Broberg, Dach, Turcotte etc are all available, people can pick any of those players and say they are BPA. If we get a top pick, just have to hit on it big time. Not worth worrying about what we exactly need now, just gotta hope its a stud.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
if we’re not picking in the top 5, i’d try and trade down to the top 15ish and pick up another 2nd

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
I really like this Podkolzin. Currently doing pretty well in his tournament. If he was just more consistent and didn’t disappear for half of every game I’d say he would easily go top 5 if not top 3

Reactions: thethinglonger

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
We’re picking in the top #5 IMO.

Our goaltending is atrocious, our blue line is mediocre, our 2nd line center is on pace for 17 pts and our PP is weak.

I can’t see how the Kings, Blues and Hawks will finish below us. They are having a horrible start to their seasons but they have a wayyyy better roster then ours.

It sucks but that’s our current reality and I’m perfectly fine with it. In the next couple of years, we need to reload and get rid of of the dead weight for us to move forward.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
We’re picking in the top #5 IMO.

Our goaltending is atrocious, our blue line is mediocre, our 2nd line center is on pace for 17 pts and our PP is weak.

I can’t see how the Kings, Blues and Hawks will finish below us. They are having a horrible start to their seasons but they have a wayyyy better roster then ours.

It sucks but that’s our current reality and I’m perfectly fine with it. In the next couple of years, we need to reload and get rid of of the dead weight for us to move forward.

The dead weight removal will take some time though. A top five pick should help. If NJ is out of the playoff race at the TDL maybe Shero can move MarJo for a low first rounder and Lovejoy for a high first rounder.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
The dead weight removal will take some time though. A top five pick should help. If NJ is out of the playoff race at the TDL maybe Shero can move MarJo for a low first rounder and Lovejoy for a high first rounder.

Unless I'm mistaken, the only one who has another year left is Greene. Lovejoy, Johansson, and Boyle are UFA. That alone clears out a lot of dead weight. However, it also means we'll be bringing in a lot of rookies and possibly another painful season next year but I hope they just keep going with the process instead of trying to fill the holes with dead weight veterans in ufa.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Hopefully we somehow wind up with Hughes or the Finn. I'm having anxiety that Hischier isn't going to be the best player of that 2017 draft. I want an elite center or goal scoring winger (like matthews or laine) and at the rate we are going we might land 1 of the 2.

Ol Dirty Bstrd

Nov 25, 2007
Hopefully we somehow wind up with Hughes or the Finn. I'm having anxiety that Hischier isn't going to be the best player of that 2017 draft. I want an elite center or goal scoring winger (like matthews or laine) and at the rate we are going we might land 1 of the 2.

I think it’s pretty obviously Pettersson at this point. Doesn’t mean Hischier was the wrong pick, it’s complete hindsight to say we should have picked EP. Just be happy we didn’t end up with Nolan

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Can anyone more familiar with this draft class explain to me why Arthur Kaliyev is rated so low?

His 1.58 PPG is higher than both Dach and Cozens but the highest I've seen him is 7.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
I honestly think we end up at #11. Don’t think we pick lower then #8 or higher then #14

I don't really see how that happens. This isn't a season where Cory will all of a sudden steal games and screw us. There's a better chance that I start sheitting gold coins than that Cory starts stealing games for us. We might end up stabilizing a bit, playing better and getting better luck, but I still think we're a bottom 5 team. Worst case scenario some other team crashes hard and nobody passes us in the standings and we're 6th to last and 3 teams above us win the lotto so we pick 9th. Don't see us picking any later than that.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
If you don’t think we have a solid chance at the 1st overall pick go read Rays interview/ watch the team play. We’re getting Hughes or kakko

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
If you don’t think we have a solid chance at the 1st overall pick go read Rays interview/ watch the team play. We’re getting Hughes or kakko

I mean, as of right now it doesn't look like they're going full out tank mode and there's also 3 other teams that are quite shit too. We'll see what happens at the deadline I suppose.

I still think Hischer has a lot more to show than he has so far. He's relying way too much on Hall right now.

Also I feel like some of you guys don't realize the things we do have lol. Hischier got 52 points last year as an 18 yr old rookie. That's pretty damn good. He's having a bit of a rough year right now but so is the entire team. Assuming he doesn't go on a very cold streak, he'll still match his point totals from last season which is good considering the state of the team.

Last edited:

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa

As the standings are right now, we have a less than 20% chance of picking in the top 2.

Even if we completely bottom out and finish #31, the chance of getting a top-2 pick in the lottery is only 35%.

No team, no matter how bad they are, is able to make it even a more-likely-than-not chance of getting a top-2 pick, short of acquiring other lottery teams' first round picks in addition to their own.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
We've got what it takes to finish #31

Hynes gives us the best chance to win (a higher pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia