Prospect Info: 2019 NHL Entry Draft Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
That's how we got Gomez in 1998 as well. It's interesting to me as a draft geek that the analytics say it's better to trade down and accumulate more picks but historically the team trading up tends to do a lot better.

That makes sense.

You don't trade up unless you have a guy rated very highly on your board relative to draft position (especially first round). So unless you have horrendous scouts, you should be trading up for a great prospect that fits your team relatively well.

But looking at the overall data, a #29 overall pick pans out way more than a #35 pick. However, if that #29 pick you trade up for was ranked top 10 on your board, it's absolutely worth the extra picks it takes rather than taking a guy ranked #20 on your board.

Reactions: MichaelJ

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
This Vasily Podkolzin is really something. His numbers are not too mindblowingly great, but god dam every single goal this kid scores is a highlight real one.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
what are the best names in the draft this year? something like Archibald Knuckles, or Beaufort Wagonwood. last year had some great ones

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Been watching a ton of Cozens lately...kid is amazing. Win the lottery, trade down an take Cozens at 2 or 3 lol.

The clips are impressive aren’t they? Looks like a man among boys and is fast as hell. Could be a great RH/RW scorer for this team, I think he’d probably mesh well with Hischier.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
what are the best names in the draft this year? something like Archibald Knuckles, or Beaufort Wagonwood. last year had some great ones

Tag Bertuzzi has a nice ring to it. And there's apparently some kid named Bailey Peach. Isn't that a cocktail drink?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
We don’t have any LD depth at any level past Smith.

I guess it depends upon how you see Mueller and Butcher going forward. My view is that Mueller could grow into a decent second pair guy with the right partner. Maybe a more mature Sevs. Butcher I’m skeptical but beyond that he cupboard is bare no question. I also see a bare cupboard at center though. Beyond Hischier I’m not seeing any sure fire offensive centers in the NJ system. Maybe Boquist but I think he will be a wing.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I guess it depends upon how you see Mueller and Butcher going forward. My view is that Mueller could grow into a decent second pair guy with the right partner. Maybe a more mature Sevs. Butcher I’m skeptical but beyond that he cupboard is bare no question. I also see a bare cupboard at center though. Beyond Hischier I’m not seeing any sure fire offensive centers in the NJ system. Maybe Boquist but I think he will be a wing.

Middle 6 centers are a bit easier to trade for then top 4 D though.

I also have more faith in Zacha becoming an effective center then either of Mueller or Butcher being legit top 4 D.

We currently have zero NHL quality D in Bingo. We have some decent picks outside of Smith at the lower levels, but overall we really lack blue chip D prospects.

We still have a good crop of forward talent at a bunch of levels.

Reactions: My3Sons

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Palms is a good shooter

But a "Palmieri deke"?

funny-gif-dog-fall-jump-Pomeranian1.gif

But yes, if not LD we need someone that gets to the net and never saw a shot he didn't like

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
To this day, I still don't know why some fans would go with immediate need versus BPA.

Case in point... Pavel Zacha. We had nobody up front and went with Zacha over Provorov. Ivan Provorov was by far the best possible option at #6 and Sam Consentino, the prospect guru at Sportsnet, couldn't believed we passed up on Provorov. Not because Zacha was a poor choice but more so because Provorov was the better player then and would turn out to be the better player long term as well... and he was 100% spot on.

If the best player available is a center, a winger or a dman, that's who we need to take, period. What we need today might not be what we need in 2 to 3 years from now.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Hughes size is nothing really to worry about. He has the IQ, motor, and the good center of gravity. He is a better version of Bratt and Bratt does pretty well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad