Prospect Info: 2019 NHL Entry Draft Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Top of the draft is pretty good. Don’t know much about it after that to be honest. Since we started actually winning I pay less attention. Knew about Smith but thought he’d go higher.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Depth of the 1st round is looking pretty good so far. After having one of its worst crops in recent memory last year (knock on wood with Ty Smith), the WHL might have one of its strongest classes in a long time. The USNTDP also has a stacked club, maybe its best since the '97s which featured Auston Matthews, Matt Tkachuk, Charlie McAvoy, Colin White, amongst others.

Reactions: My3Sons

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
I don't know how much of this draft class I'll be able to talk about since I was picked up by a scouting organization, but there are some very high-level players available. Kirby Dach is making a huge surge up my rankings, and he was a top-1o pick to begin the season at. This is still the Hughes draft, but there is plenty of forward talent available in guys like Kakko, Boldy, Cozens, Lavoie, Dach, Pelletier, etc.

Defensively, I don't think there are as high of caliber players in the top realm of the draft. There are guys like Bowen Byram and Cam York who are great all-around players. There is also Anttoni Honka, who I thought would make a big jump, but hasn't quite done it yet. One defenseman in particular who has risen up the rankings a lot is Mississauga Steelheads d-man, Thomas Harley.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I don't know how much of this draft class I'll be able to talk about since I was picked up by a scouting organization, but there are some very high-level players available. Kirby Dach is making a huge surge up my rankings, and he was a top-1o pick to begin the season at. This is still the Hughes draft, but there is plenty of forward talent available in guys like Kakko, Boldy, Cozens, Lavoie, Dach, Pelletier, etc.

Defensively, I don't think there are as high of caliber players in the top realm of the draft. There are guys like Bowen Byram and Cam York who are great all-around players. There is also Anttoni Honka, who I thought would make a big jump, but hasn't quite done it yet. One defenseman in particular who has risen up the rankings a lot is Mississauga Steelheads d-man, Thomas Harley.

thats awesome, congrats man!

Reactions: My3Sons

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Dylan Cozens....I can’t see the Devils winning another draft, so if we’re out of the playoffs he’d be my pick.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Congrats. You seem to totally have the eye for it. Miss your contributions on here.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

We have both been shrewd in past drafts.

Hopefully Ray hired you :thumbu:

Reactions: thethinglonger

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
My post in the game thread asking who the consensus #1 pick was deleted, so I guess it's a good thing this thread got bumped this morning.

Hugues was the consensus pick for this years draft, last year.

With that said, I personally think that it's way closer then some might think. If it wasn't for the fact that Hughes is a center, I don't think he'd go 1st overall over Kaapo Kakko and I think Kirby Dach will make a solid case to go in the top #3 when all is said and done. Dylan Cozens is another stud with size, speed and grit who like Dach, plays the center position and can also play the right wing if need be.

The top #5 this year is pretty solid IMO and I rather make the playoffs but if we don't and manage to pick in the top #5, we would be getting a heck of a player.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Hugues was the consensus pick for this years draft, last year.

With that said, I personally think that it's way closer then some might think. If it wasn't for the fact that Hughes is a center, I don't think he'd go 1st overall over Kaapo Kakko and I think Kirby Dach will make a solid case to go in the top #3 when all is said and done. Dylan Cozens is another stud with size, speed and grit who like Dach, plays the center position and can also play the right wing if need be.

The top #5 this year is pretty solid IMO and I rather make the playoffs but if we don't and manage to pick in the top #5, we would be getting a heck of a player.

I’ve read that Cozens has much better skating that Dach? Is that true? If so, I think he’d be a great choice, the speed fits, we could use another RH shot, and he’s toughness in the dirty areas. Maybe as a C or maybe lining up on Hischier’s RW.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I’ve read that Cozens has much better skating that Dach? Is that true? If so, I think he’d be a great choice, the speed fits, we could use another RH shot, and he’s toughness in the dirty areas. Maybe as a C or maybe lining up on Hischier’s RW.

I like both players a lot.

Speed is one thing but I value hockey IQ more so then speed and that's probably why I would give the edge to Dach but again, it's just a personal opinion. Going with one or the other wouldn't be a bad pick at all.

Reactions: MichaelJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->