GDT: 2019 NHL/Bruins Free Agent Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
For God's Sake, please don't
Yeah, who wants a veteran defense man with toughness, leadership skills and can fill in easily for Miller or Moore when out. I know they have depth but Sweeney has seen fit to invite Petrovic to camp as a try out, personally would rather have McQuaid. Can also easily mkae him Providence Captain to help with young D. Maybe even enable Zboril to show some improvement as he has stagnated.

Guess you learned nothing watching the Blues use Krug and company as tackling dummies in the finals. Miller and McQuaid would have helped because the "puck moving defensemen" looked pretty intimidated.

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Why not trade Krug for Tuch +plus then.
I want McAvoy (22) and Carlo (23) signed long term 6-8 years.
McAvoy already the best Bruins allround defenseman, no doubt imo.
But I would not want Krug for 7-8m/6-8y. Krug will be 29 signing next contract. Think the Bruins should be careful with long term contract on players in general.
McAvoy and Carlo being the exceptions here

Last edited:
Reactions: bbfan419 and Estlin

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Yeah, who wants a veteran defense man with toughness, leadership skills and can fill in easily for Miller or Moore when out. I know they have depth but Sweeney has seen fit to invite Petrovic to camp as a try out, personally would rather have McQuaid. Can also easily mkae him Providence Captain to help with young D. Maybe even enable Zboril to show some improvement as he has stagnated.

Guess you learned nothing watching the Blues use Krug and company as tackling dummies in the finals. Miller and McQuaid would have helped because the "puck moving defensemen" looked pretty intimidated.

What does Quaider have to do with the finals? He would have been either hurt or scratched for Clifton. He didn't even play most of last year or any of the playoffs. Quaider eats up more cap that we don't have, a spot that is already filled, and will most likely be on IR longer than the ice.

I love Adam, I really do, but let it go people. Have him coach/train these kids, not take up a spot and money.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
What does Quaider have to do with the finals? He would have been either hurt or scratched for Clifton. He didn't even play most of last year or any of the playoffs. Quaider eats up more cap that we don't have, a spot that is already filled, and will most likely be on IR longer than the ice.

I love Adam, I really do, but let it go people. Have him coach/train these kids, not take up a spot and money.
Love Clifton, still signing Adam to a vet minimum deal if he would accept it.

I also don't think the prospects on D are as great as many do.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Love Clifton, still signing Adam to a vet minimum deal if he would accept it.

I also don't think the prospects on D are as great as many do.

Remember we still need money to sign the 2 Dmen of the Bruins future

Right side: McAvoy, Carlo, Cliffy, Kampfer

Just don't see a fit my guy

Reactions: bbfan419

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Send Kampfer down

But we already signed him, if they wanted McQuaid they would have signed him instead. The choice has been made, Kamp is just a better fit and the right price for now.

Maybe Quad didn't want to play here, maybe the price was wrong, maybe he's not 100%, maybe the role was wrong, maybe the sun didn't rise at the right angle that morning.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Send Kampfer down

Why are you sending the better player down to keep the tough guy? I love McQuaid but he's cooked at this point. No real reason to bring him in besides nostalgia. I know you're the hater of all things prospects, but we have plenty to try and get looks to already, and we don't need another player in the way.

Reactions: Lo97 and Blowfish

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Why are you sending the better player down to keep the tough guy? I love McQuaid but he's cooked at this point. No real reason to bring him in besides nostalgia. I know you're the hater of all things prospects, but we have plenty to try and get looks to already, and we don't need another player in the way.

Thinking this sends bad message to all the quality young D prospect hoping to reach the NHL. Loved McQuaid but he's not new NHL ready. I don't believe he had much ice time last year?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I mean, that seems like the type of deal that would work well for a McAvoy comparable, am I wrong?
I think Charlie is more electric, butI feel Werenski has been more steady and consistent at this point, so I'd say yes very comparable, but if McAvoy was willing to sign for 6-7 years, I'd have no problem handing him 7-7.5 mil per.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I think Charlie is more electric, butI feel Werenski has been more steady and consistent at this point, so I'd say yes very comparable, but if McAvoy was willing to sign for 6-7 years, I'd have no problem handing him 7-7.5 mil per.

Werenski is a more complete D man than CM and is only 5 months older. Werenski generates a good deal more offense than CM than you think.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Werenski has outproduced CM at the U17, NCAA, World Junior and NHL levels on a per game basis. He has
clearly been the better point producer at every level.

At the end of the day , all things considered (quality of team , D partner, situational use, etc...), regardless of which you think is better, there is not a whole lot of difference in the skill level of these two players.
Nor should there be a whole lot of difference in what they get paid.

Reactions: Lo97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad