GDT: 2019 NHL/Bruins Free Agent Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Works perfectly for both teams....Tuch is below Stone and Smith right now and Carlo would be deadly w Brannstrom for the next decade. Tuch is our long term answer to RW2

love tuch, and know the bruins did too. they tried to get him before the expansion draft.
although brannstrom is now in ottawa, your point remains. carlo would be a heck of a
piece for them, as he is for boston. probably makes too much sense to work.

Reactions: bbfan419

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
It’s not that simple ... it would be multiple pieces etc. In my humble opinion I believe Carlo can play top line and like i said earlier the bruins are not short on quality d men. Charlie can definitely garnish more interest.

So you expect what, the Bruins or the other team (in this case the Devils) to be adding? I don't see Carlo as a top pairing defenseman, unless he's complimenting a legit #1 LHD (which Boston doesn't have at the current time). McAvoy is that already, so why even think of dealing that? You're dealing a sure-thing on a hope at that point. Why not just move Carlo then? And let me preface by saying it's terrible to move both. They have their RHD Top 4 set up for years to come. No reason to f*** with it.

For the bruins Carlo will come slightly cheaper and still play top line minutes whereas Charlie can fetch a quality forward and not come at the expense of harnessing the bruins capwise.

You can have both. I want both. The whole fan base should want both. We need to stop being that fan base that always wants to deal talent away. I don't understand why our top players, besides Bergeron, become the constant players to move. Also, it's terrible to move a top roster player due to the cap. I want the #1 defenseman over anything that would realistically be returned in a McAvoy deal. Christ, you proposed Taylor Hall earlier... That helps **fart noise**

You’re making out like Charlie is the next coming of Bobby Orr. He’s good but also has some pretty bad defensive lapses.

No I'm not? I'm making him out to be what he is. A young stud #1 defenseman. On the italics, what player doesn't? Christ, you want move McAvoy out because you believe Carlo is a top pairing capable RHD, but he's had plenty of defensive lapses in his career, and offensively? It's a constant "lap".

Don’t forget Krug up next year.

This is even more of a reason to keep McAvoy, because if Krug does leave via FA/Trade, you're without your best PP QB, and offensive defenseman. Guess who is the second best offensive defenseman on the team is? Charlie McAvoy....

Reactions: Lo97 and Skelen

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
So you expect what, the Bruins or the other team (in this case the Devils) to be adding? I don't see Carlo as a top pairing defenseman, unless he's complimenting a legit #1 LHD (which Boston doesn't have at the current time). McAvoy is that already, so why even think of dealing that? You're dealing a sure-thing on a hope at that point. Why not just move Carlo then? And let me preface by saying it's terrible to move both. They have their RHD Top 4 set up for years to come. No reason to **** with it.

You can have both. I want both. The whole fan base should want both. We need to stop being that fan base that always wants to deal talent away. I don't understand why our top players, besides Bergeron, become the constant players to move. Also, it's terrible to move a top roster player due to the cap. I want the #1 defenseman over anything that would realistically be returned in a McAvoy deal. Christ, you proposed Taylor Hall earlier... That helps **fart noise**

No I'm not? I'm making him out to be what he is. A young stud #1 defenseman. On the italics, what player doesn't? Christ, you want move McAvoy out because you believe Carlo is a top pairing capable RHD, but he's had plenty of defensive lapses in his career, and offensively? It's a constant "lap".

This is even more of a reason to keep McAvoy, because if Krug does leave via FA/Trade, you're without your best PP QB, and offensive defenseman. Guess who is the second best offensive defenseman on the team is? Charlie McAvoy....

Cap world requires navigation and a skilled GM. I don’t know the solution to retain Carlo Macavoy and Krug. It’s not impossible but it ain’t going to be easy and it will certainly come at the expense of losing a key player.

Don’t forget the bruins have a very decent crop of young d men lurking. They can afford to trade any one of the three in question.

Last edited:

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
Tuch is intriguing, and seems like he could really solve the RW issue. I'm still not sure i'd trade Carlo for him though. Understand you have to give to get, but out of the D we could trade for help, not sure he'd be the one.

Now if you want to tell me we'll re-sign Krug, then i could see Gryz as that option. Not sure if he'd get it done.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Tuch is intriguing, and seems like he could really solve the RW issue. I'm still not sure i'd trade Carlo for him though. Understand you have to give to get, but out of the D we could trade for help, not sure he'd be the one.

Now if you want to tell me we'll re-sign Krug, then i could see Gryz as that option. Not sure if he'd get it done.
Maybe Grizz + Frederic?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Cap world requires navigation and a skilled GM. I don’t know the solution to retain Carlo Macavoy and Krug. It’s not impossible but it ain’t going to be easy and it will certainly come at the expense of losing a key player.

Don’t forget the bruins have a very decent crop of young d men lurking. They can afford to trade any one of the three in question.

Krug is the guy that I move before the other two. The Bruins do have a very decent crop of young D lurking, but none of them are right shots. I don't like moving any of these proven guys for a crop of potential. They have a total of like 20 NHL game played between the three you're referring to. Now, there's a good chance that one of them will get a chance early on to prove what they have seeing we have some injuries.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Call Vegas, they are thin on the blue line, Carlo for Tuch straight up.

I want more than Tuch to pull the trigger on that
trade. Legit top 4 shutdown Dmen who have played on #1 pairing are more important than a #2RW.
Don't get me wrong, I like Tuch but
Carlo has more value than that at this point.
Carlo and a 2nd round pick for Tuch and
a 1st I would do.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I want more than Tuch to pull the trigger on that
trade. Legit top 4 shutdown Dmen who have played on #1 pairing are more important than a #2RW.
Don't get me wrong, I like Tuch but
Carlo has more value than that at this point.
Carlo and a 2nd round pick for Tuch and
a 1st I would do.

Carlo is purely one dimensional at this point but I can understand your thinking. I actually made this deal in my sim league a couple months ago (dealing Carlo) and while tough it seems like it would make a lot of sense IRL as well. Issue for Boston though is replacing Brandon which may not be easy

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Krug is the guy that I move before the other two. The Bruins do have a very decent crop of young D lurking, but none of them are right shots. I don't like moving any of these proven guys for a crop of potential. They have a total of like 20 NHL game played between the three you're referring to. Now, there's a good chance that one of them will get a chance early on to prove what they have seeing we have some injuries.
When a team has a player of the level of Krug, you move him only for a massive overpayment, otherwise you spend years trying to find a player that brings you what a Krug does. There is not a dman on the Bruins roster that brings what Krug does, anyone who thinks otherwise must have missed last seasons playoffs.

Reactions: Lo97 and Skelen

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
When a team has a player of the level of Krug, you move him only for a massive overpayment, otherwise you spend years trying to find a player that brings you what a Krug does. There is not a dman on the Bruins roster that brings what Krug does, anyone who thinks otherwise must have missed last seasons playoffs.

He also is on record for taking a discount wanting to stay in Boston.

Reactions: bbfan419 and BBB24

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

Paging Mac and Carlo...

Our D to start the season is terrifying

Good thing the Bruins have the best 1-12D depth in NHL.

Chara
McAvoy
Krug
Carlo
Gryz
Clifton
Moore
Miller
UV
Kampfer
Lauzon
Zboril

Remember last year when Lauzon stepped in as the #1 playing near 30min for some games when everyone was injured?

That’s how good the Bruins are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->