GDT: 2019 NHL/Bruins Free Agent Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Agree. However Nylander looked listless and sometimes uninterested after the hold out and getting paid big bucks. Mailing it in during playoffs is unacceptable.

Marchand made a big screwup but I think it was a brain fart not being lazy. No one has ever doubted Marchy’s passion and commitment just his thinking sometimes.

He signed a team friendly deal and has consistently delivered the goods. Think that’s why he got a relative pass for that mistake.

Is this even debatable? It's Game 7 of the Cup finals. Not even Alex Kovalev is lazy in Game 7 of the Cup finals. It was a bad read and not knowing how much time was on the clock, and you can put a bit of that on the guys on the bench for not yelling out the situation to him.

Reactions: Lo97

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Is this even debatable? It's Game 7 of the Cup finals. Not even Alex Kovalev is lazy in Game 7 of the Cup finals. It was a bad read and not knowing how much time was on the clock, and you can put a bit of that on the guys on the bench for not yelling out the situation to him.
No, it’s not.

My point is Nylander got grief for lazy lackluster play. I don’t think the two players are comparable — nor the reaction of fans to those players.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
So, Free agents....

Surprised we have not heard any movement after the Werenski deal. Figured that would get the ball rolling.

Still confident something gets done this month with Carlo and McAvoy. The Krug stuff is all media-driven nonsense. Of course, there has not been any talk yet with him about an extension, Sweeney does not know what he has to work with yet.

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
Really.... as I said, we sometimes see what we want to see. Marchand missed the goal in Game 7 that would have made him the hero and then the line change and now the narrative is etched.
For me, it has more to do with him appearing tired and also not producing.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Don't compare the guy who led the playoffs in scoring to a fraud like Nylander.

Shame Gryzlyck just let ROR stickhandle in front of Rask and didn't step up and make a play. Him playing over Clifton was beyond disgraceful.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Don't compare the guy who led the playoffs in scoring to a fraud like Nylander.

Shame Gryzlyck just let ROR stickhandle in front of Rask and didn't step up and make a play. Him playing over Clifton was beyond disgraceful.

Even ignoring the fact that Gryz playing didn't prevent Clifton from playing, this is such a bad take. Gryz is better than Clifton

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins Charlie McAvoy, Brandon Carlo still without contracts - The Boston Globe

Unless financial pixie dust sprinkles down over Brighton overnight, the Bruins will open training camp Thursday morning with two top young defensemen still on summer vacation.

Restricted free agents Charlie McAvoy and Brandon Carlo, who play on the Nos. 1 and 2 pairings, respectively, as of late Wednesday afternoon had yet to agree to contract extensions with general manager Don Sweeney.

“Still a work in progress,” said Sweeney, who took over the GM office in the summer of 2015 and never has had a projected roster player not report to camp because of a contract impasse. “We continue to communicate every day and we are hopeful we can find the right deal for both players — they’re important to our hockey club and we’ll continue to work at it.”

Reactions: gumgum

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
So, Free agents....

Surprised we have not heard any movement after the Werenski deal. Figured that would get the ball rolling.

Still confident something gets done this month with Carlo and McAvoy. The Krug stuff is all media-driven nonsense. Of course, there has not been any talk yet with him about an extension, Sweeney does not know what he has to work with yet.

This Morrisey deal should help push things along even more. Hoping by Monday we have our two boys back in the fold.

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
I guess it could be worse...On Bruins RFA's 'Charlie McAvoy and Brandon Carlo....Reading about Mitch Marner and his contract demands (if true) makes you wonder.......just saying

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Wow $6.75 AAV seem high for this guy...Macavoy's ask may have just gone up!

Provorov was 6th in ice time for D last year and was the D leading goal scorer the year prior with 17.

McAvoy will not get much more than 6,75M on a 6y deal if any.

Werensky and Provorov just set McAvoy contract. It will be between 5 and 6,75 depending of the term and I’m perfectly fine with that.

As for Carlo, the only way his Cap hit reach 4M is if he signs for 8y. No offense D aren’t getting paid.

McAvoy
15M/3y
39M/6y
56M/8y

Carlo
5,75M/2y
17,5M/5y
34M/8y

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events