GDT: 2019 NHL/Bruins Free Agent Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
If we sign him at around $7M, what is Carlo worth... We don't have the cap space as is to sign both. Damn Backes deal is killing us!
Maybe I'm too casual about it, but I'm not worried about the cap and don't think its the issue this year with signing those two. Moore is out for months so they can LTIR his 3 ish million, if KMiller is out for a while too that pushes it to 5 ish million beyond the space they have now. Think it can get done and the delay is more negotiating than being trapped by the cap.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Maybe I'm too casual about it, but I'm not worried about the cap and don't think its the issue this year with signing those two. Moore is out for months so they can LTIR his 3 ish million, if KMiller is out for a while too that pushes it to 5 ish million beyond the space they have now. Think it can get done and the delay is more negotiating than being trapped by the cap.
Yeah that makes sense.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
McAvoy has two options. The Werenski deal or the Provo deal. I'd bump each up 500k per season and say up to you. If he still isn't happy, see you in December. Carlo, no idea why he's not signed. One dimensional defenseman who has no power except for a bridge deal, unless he doesn't have any confidence he will improve offensively and wants to sign a long term deal that wouldn't pay him for offensive output.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
McAvoy has two options. The Werenski deal or the Provo deal. I'd bump each up 500k per season and say up to you. If he still isn't happy, see you in December. Carlo, no idea why he's not signed. One dimensional defenseman who has no power except for a bridge deal, unless he doesn't have any confidence he will improve offensively and wants to sign a long term deal that wouldn't pay him for offensive output.
Maybe they're doing McAvoy first to get closer to the cap so they can LTIR more of Moore's deal. . .? I forgot how that is supposed to work.

Last edited:

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Bruins should feel comfortable about this and so would McAvoy and Carlo. Unless of course a whole new scenario is breaking for RFA's.
But considering Werenski and Propovov could find deals it's highly unlikely. It only benefits the trio of Vaakanainen, Lauzon and Zboril which isn't too bad.
If Chara, Moore, Miller and even Grzelcyk is out and McAvoy and Carlo waits, the Bruins could ice five rookies in the early exhibition games. Only Krug's a veteran. Clifton, Lauzon, Vaakanainen, Zboril oh yes Kampfer of course but still. Never experienced that before I think:)

Reactions: Chestus

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Bruins should feel comfortable about this and so would McAvoy and Carlo. Unless of course a whole new scenario is breaking for RFA's.
But considering Werenski and Propovov could find deals it's highly unlikely. It only benefits the trio of Vaakanainen, Lauzon and Zboril which isn't too bad.
If Chara, Moore, Miller and even Grzelcyk is out and McAvoy and Carlo waits, the Bruins could ice five rookies in the early exhibition games. Only Krug's a veteran. Clifton, Lauzon, Vaakanainen, Zboril oh yes Kampfer of course but still. Never experienced that before I think:)
Scary thought LOL

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

Scary thought LOL

No not really scary. Pepe Bostones said "in the early exhibition games."

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
No not really scary. Pepe Bostones said "in the early exhibition games."

Yup. We have about 10 days to get both signed with no worries about their upcoming seasons being effected. I think both get done next week Werenski and Provorov deals just set the market.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

There are options and there have been for some time. You can LTIR Moore as you said, Miller possibly, you can bury a couple mil in Providence if needed, and the cap is over 7 already. It can be done. I have no worries that the Bruins don't have a plan to have space for both players.

Reactions: bbfan419

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I expect Toronto to take a large step backwards after this year, and likely remain there for a couple of years until cap growth catches up to these contracts.

They have zero depth anywhere. An injury to any key player for any length of time and they're done. Heck, they weren't a playoff team in the last half of last year.

The bottom of the lineup is just brutal. If they ice the puck with Shore, Agostino, Petan, Harpur and Schmaltz out there? Throw Bergeron's line with Krug out there. That's a goal every time.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Enough with the waiting.

McAvoy market is set with Werenski and Provorov.

Carlo will never get paid with this deal. Take a 2y prove it deal and hope to upgrade your offense otherwise you never will.

Do it Don.

Reactions: PepeBostones
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad