GDT: 2019 NHL/Bruins Free Agent Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

riverhawkey91

May 22, 2011
Lowell, MA
Can't see McAvoy getting up to 7 when he isn't eligible for an offersheet and he's still 2 years from arbitration. They'll do what they did with Pastrnak and leverage these no-option RFA years to drop the AAV on a longer deal. Something like 2 years of leveraging him into like $3.5M/per Krug-like deals, then a couple arbitration years at something like $7.5M/per, then a couple of UFA years at like $9M/per -- average it out to something like $6.5M over 6 years. Not sure when he even becomes UFA but obviously those are the years he and the Bruins can play with a bit to balance it out.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Surprised Vancouver is getting so close to the cap with Boeser unsigned. I wonder who they plan on moving out.

Need to move out probably at least 3 million to sign Boeser and have a small cushion.

member 96824

Surprised Vancouver is getting so close to the cap with Boeser unsigned. I wonder who they plan on moving out

I think last I checked they’re at like 15 or 16 roster forwards as well. Something’s brewing in the PNW

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
Surprised Vancouver is getting so close to the cap with Boeser unsigned. I wonder who they plan on moving out.

Need to move out probably at least 3 million to sign Boeser and have a small cushion.
Loui Eriksson, no? I know that there's speculation that he wants out and the known fact that he and Green don't see eye to eye.

Reactions: bbfan419

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Was surprised to see Boeser point were in line with Timo. Then I looked at the P/GP and that's where it all changed lol. Boeser actually has a better P/GP than Liane does and is right behind Senko. Would love to pry him away from VAN, but I imagine the asking price starts at McAvoy or Carlo

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Was surprised to see Boeser point were in line with Timo. Then I looked at the P/GP and that's where it all changed lol. Boeser actually has a better P/GP than Liane does and is right behind Senko. Would love to pry him away from VAN, but I imagine the asking price starts at McAvoy or Carlo

Yea Boeser right now is the dream RW for Krejci. Just a pure shooter.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
@Alicat mentioned this in the last thread, but McAvoy's agent (Michael Curran) works for Bobby Orr's agency. This is noteworthy for two reasons. Orr's relationship with the Bruins is obviously one thing. The second is that, from my limited research, Curran is also Kevin Labanc's agent. He just signed an unbelievably team friendly deal with San Jose (seriously, there's something fishy about it).

Now most agents will probably tell you that they work for the player, and, in the end, it's the players decision about who/what they sign for. However, I think some probably take that to heart more than others. Not that the same thing will happen with McAvoy, but it's something to think about as we wait for him to sign.

Reactions: Alicat

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
@Alicat mentioned this in the last thread, but McAvoy's agent (Michael Curran) works for Bobby Orr's agency. This is noteworthy for two reasons. Orr's relationship with the Bruins is obviously one thing. The second is that, from my limited research, Curran is also Kevin Labanc's agent. He just signed an unbelievably team friendly deal with San Jose (seriously, there's something fishy about it).

Now most agents will probably tell you that they work for the player, and, in the end, it's the players decision about who/what they sign for. However, I think some probably take that to heart more than others. Not that the same thing will happen with McAvoy, but it's something to think about as we wait for him to sign.

Orr is a manager I respect. If Curran is under his umbrella then any concern over McAvoy signing can be put to rest. Given what Charlie said of the team during the playoffs in his locker room interviews there is nowhere else he would rather be than in Boston with his teammates.

I honestly am not worried about McAvoy and Carlo getting signed. Though I am surprised it hasent happened already. I wonder if Sweeney has some irons in the proverbial fire that he is waiting on before the pieces fall into place. Knowing the long term health of his injured list I'm sure is key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad