OT: 2019 nCov (part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Hey, fellow Liverpool fan here! I am getting worried about LFC, what happens if they cancel the rest of the season, will they be declared winner or just will it just be cancelled out?
I would say that voiding the season would be the laziest option and most controversial. I mean if the season was 1/3 played and not more than 3/4 played, it could kinda make sense. They already reported the euro to next summer. I do not know what will happen but I do sense that sport should be back in July ish. The most sensitive thing to do would be a mini camp and a condensed wrap of the season in august with 2 games per week. Then a small break and start the next season in mid september.

Last edited:
Reactions: Per Sjoblom

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Wish Canada would enforce everybody (even healthy ones) to wear a mask already. I know we have shortages but we have to learn from South Korea. This is how they fought the virus aside from washing hands regularly.

Where can we buy masks? I am a bit scared of being scammed on Amazon and all I hear about is shortages. In SK I think they ration 10 masks a week or something.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Speaking of rats, I remember seeing one on the last Monday before the shutdowns. Was walking home from school contemplating life, next thing I know I see a rat casually strolling downtown like it's nothing. Feels like foreshadowing in retrospect.

Just sending out a scout,their regular food supply is gone so must go further,juts hope he doesn't call his friends!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
The response in Canada has not been perfect but frankly I am still impressed and proud so far. We have had a measured and structured response. Many, maybe even most are taking it seriously and taking active measures to limit spread. I feel like we have a plan.

I truly feel like there is no plan in the US. I am so scared for them. I am scared of what we will see given we are so close to them.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Truckers are keeping our food supply chain going at a critical time.

People like this are playing a key role while several truck stops have closed:

The showers, a critical element for drivers on the road days at a time, were also open for free.

She’d announced the plan Wednesday evening with a post on Facebook and on Thursday morning there was a line of big rig drivers at her door.

The plan was only to serve breakfast until nine but at 11 drivers kept rolling in and she wasn’t going to turn anyone away.

She plans on keeping up the service as long as drivers are risking their own health heading out the highway to keep the rest of us fed and clothed.

Looking out for her truckers: 'Our whole country is counting on them' | Cape Breton Post

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2010
Where can we buy masks? I am a bit scared of being scammed on Amazon and all I hear about is shortages. In SK I think they ration 10 masks a week or something.

That's been the problem. I also don't even know where to get one. We won't even be able to access them for awhile since frontliners will get them first as soon as they become available.

Not sure why we were encouraged not to wear them if we don't have the symptoms in the first place. I believed it for awhile but now I don't.

Amazon don't have any right now. If there's one, it's either rated very low or it'd take 3 weeks to be delivered.

We're so f***ed..

Reactions: scrubadam

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
That's been the problem. I also don't even know where to get one. We won't even be able to access them for awhile since frontliners will get them first as soon as they become available.

Not sure why we were encouraged not to wear them if we don't have the symptoms in the first place. I believed it for awhile but now I don't.

Amazon don't have any right now. If there's one, it's either rated very low or it'd take 3 weeks to be delivered.

We're so f***ed..

Because the WHO suggested they were not necessary. Quite frankly I've found them (the WHO) to be unreliable throughout this buildup, which makes sense considering their current leader is...……..of (possibly) questionable character.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I also lost respect for the authorities as soon as they told us not to wear masks. They used the fallacy of mistaking absence of evidence for evidence of absence to lie to us and hoping we eat it up. "There is no evidence mask helps". Oh really? Is there evidence they DON'T help? Right, no such thing. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Even if this was to avoid people hoarding masks, creating a shortage for medical workers, I still despise it.

This includes Horacio Arruda. That guy can go to hell. I don't get the love affair between people and that lying snake.

Last edited:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I also lost respect for the authorities as soon as they told us not to wear masks. They used the fallacy of mistaking absence of evidence for evidence of absence to lie to us and hoping we eat it up. "There is no evidence mask helps". Oh really? Is there evidence they DON'T help? Right, no such thing. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Even if this was to avoid people hoarding masks, creating a shortage for medical workers, I still despise it.

This includes Horacio Arruda. That guy can fck off. I don't get the love affair between people and that lying snake.
is there evidence goalie masks don't help ?

I mean, if that's the logic why don't you wear "masks" like these you know... unless you have evidence it doesnt help.

09-4203.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig