OT: 2019 Football Thread: Part III – Danny Dimes and Sammy Spleens Edition

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Is there some run stuffing (non pass rushing) defensive tackle for the Giants to take in the first round to replace Leonard Williams in case Gettelman decides not to offer him a 5 year $80 million ($66 million guaranteed) contract?

So pointless.

That 3rd round pick is sitting in the low 60s right now.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Saints have been inconsistant at times this year but with Brees back, they have exactly the kind of team that could give the Patriots fits. So if I had to rank the teams in the NFL in order who I think an knock off the Patriots it would be this in order:

1. Ravens
2. Seahawks
3. Saints
4. 49ers
5. Chiefs

I'd have Chiefs 2nd after Baltimore.

Mahomes is a freak.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
its a crazy thing, that after this season, which might go down as one of the worst in the long history of Jets disaster seasons, the Giants will still get the better draft pick, and I bet they actually get a star player unlike Quinnen Williams GOD DAMMIT

Anzi

May 16, 2019
Boston
Is there anyone alive other than Gettleman who though hiring Shurmur was a good idea?

"Shurmur is one of the hottest names on the market this year as he’s expected to interview for four of the six jobs currently open. Along with the Lions, he has meetings scheduled with the Giants, Bears and Cardinals."

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
its a crazy thing, that after this season, which might go down as one of the worst in the long history of Jets disaster seasons, the Giants will still get the better draft pick, and I bet they actually get a star player unlike Quinnen Williams GOD DAMMIT

It's still very early, but right now, Jets seem to have gotten the worst player out of the QW, Nick Bosa (never had a chance at him anyway being one pick away, of course), Josh Allen and Ed Oliver group.

TheTimTamSlammerMan

Jul 29, 2011
Long Island

What's wrong with Williams? It's only one season and he was hyped as hell. The guy has a funny ass personality. I'm rooting for him.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I'd have Chiefs 2nd after Baltimore.

Mahomes is a freak.

Agreed that Mahomes is freak but that Chief defense is weak. At Foxboro, Brady would figure out a way to pick them apart.

If game was at Arrowhead which it won’t be if they play one another but hypothetically maybe and Pats would still be favored, maybe Chiefs could pick them off.

So no home game vs Pats and the other teams I put ahead of Chiefs more road warrior like, KC is a distant 5th for me.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
It's still very early, but right now, Jets seem to have gotten the worst player out of the QW, Nick Bosa (never had a chance at him anyway being one pick away, of course), Josh Allen and Ed Oliver group.

I think that’s the key term...”it’s still very early” as far as Quinnen.

I’m wondering if he’s still being held back by that ankle injury he suffered in preseason because like a few of y’all have said and I agree with, he’s been very disappointing for the hype he was getting heading into the draft as he’s made no impact at all.

We just have to hope this is just a learning thing, getting used to the speed of the game cause for him not to make an impact whatsoever just doesn’t make sense as everybody loved this guy coming out of Alabama.

Crossing fingers that this isn’t another Leonard Williams situation here with Quinnen otherwise we are f***ed going forward on defense as he’s supposed to be the “Jamal Adams” of the D- line...gulp!

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Williams sounded like an utter beast. Are you sure it's not just a shitty franchise bringing him down? And the Giants are a shittier franchise now, so no offense meant.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Speaking of Alabama, my college bud just texted me this little piece of trivia and seeing it might be as enjoyable to some of you as it was for me, I felt compelled to share this little ditty.

This weekend is the first time in 8 years that Nick Saban and Belichek and their Crimson Tide and Patriots have lost on the same weekend...:)

For me as a Jet fan/Pats hater as well as a Notre Dame fan/Alabama hater, Xmas has come 3 weeks early...lol

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I legit believe that the Giants may be the easiest out in the NFL after seeing the Bengals beatdown of the Jets. The Redskins won a couple but we own them, that's the only team I'm not sure if we'll lose to.

Reactions: Bob Richards

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I think the Giants will still beat the Redskins. I'm no longer sure about the Dolphins and the Eagles have been immune to losing to us for like a decade now.

RIP

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think the Giants will still beat the Redskins. I'm no longer sure about the Dolphins and the Eagles have been immune to losing to us for like a decade now.

RIP

If we beat the Redskins but we lose out and they lose every other game, we're tied. Will we lose draft position due to head to head?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad