OT: 2019 Football Thread: Part III – Danny Dimes and Sammy Spleens Edition

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
Never been a big fan of McCarthy. But can definitely see that happening. I'd be shocked if Mara took any kind of risk in hiring the next coach.

It's so egregiously bad I just need to say it again...

Gettleman, in his infinite wisdom, actually traded the Giants pick at the top of the 3rd round... for eight games of Leonard Williams in a 2-8 season. He believed he saw enough in Williams to confidently be willing to pay 3rd and 4th round picks knowing the team sucked, Williams alone would not change that, and thus with the FULL KNOWLEDGE of what part of the 3rd and 4th rounds those picks would be in.

I'm pretty sure this is the worst move he has made yet - and it's his most recent!!!!!

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
There are so many bad coaches, bad teams, bad offensive lines, and bad kickers in this league, I don't remember it being this bad back in the day. the NFL really is a garbage league when you look at it, worst in North America. 4-5 teams that are always good save for 1 or 2 surprises and then 20+ trashfires. Not to mention the commercial overload and the DISGRACEFUL referees. The NFL is lucky that America loves football because they don't deserve their success.
All true. Great post.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Friggen Jets with the anhilation of Chuckie and the Raiders today. Man oh man, if the Jets aren't careful they might end up making me proud afterall....lol

Seriously, very impressive performance today in all aspects...offense, defense and Special Teams. Sam looks like he's on one of those rolls he got on late last season during the month of December when he was the highest rated QB in all of football.

I dunno man...the Oline is in shambles yet Sam is not getting sacked too much which is a tribute to his quick feet and inate ability to avoid the rush. With the schedule coming up, I guess it's not crazy to think 7 wins is a possibility which after that Dolphin loss last month looked like a total pipe dream.

Tho it sucks for our draft pick for next year ....f*** it...I like winning so keep it up...lol

Reactions: JimmyG89

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
There are so many bad coaches, bad teams, bad offensive lines, and bad kickers in this league, I don't remember it being this bad back in the day. the NFL really is a garbage league when you look at it, worst in North America. 4-5 teams that are always good save for 1 or 2 surprises and then 20+ trashfires. Not to mention the commercial overload and the DISGRACEFUL referees. The NFL is lucky that America loves football because they don't deserve their success.

I'll say this, that there are a large chunk of teams that could be good, but don't have depth or have a severe weakness. Those are those middling teams. Honestly, only a few teams truly suck. Bengals, Dolphins, Giants, and Redskins. Even the Jets don't suck, just lack depth. Teams that get less than 5 wins suck, and that's typically 5-6 teams.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Friggen Jets with the anhilation of Chuckie and the Raiders today. Man oh man, if the Jets aren't careful they might end up making me proud afterall....lol

Seriously, very impressive performance today in all aspects...offense, defense and Special Teams. Sam looks like he's on one of those rolls he got on late last season during the month of December when he was the highest rated QB in all of football.

I dunno man...the Oline is in shambles yet Sam is not getting sacked too much which is a tribute to his quick feet and inate ability to avoid the rush. With the schedule coming up, I guess it's not crazy to think 7 wins is a possibility which after that Dolphin loss last month looked like a total pipe dream.

Tho it sucks for our draft pick for next year ....**** it...I like winning so keep it up...lol

With how teams are going to go up and get a QB at the top, the Jets can pick anywhere from 6-12 and get a top end talent. Might fit well in that range, as there is a good chance an OL is available then. Biggest need on the team

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
With how teams are going to go up and get a QB at the top, the Jets can pick anywhere from 6-12 and get a top end talent. Might fit well in that range, as there is a good chance an OL is available then. Biggest need on the team
OL and WR only this draft pls

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA

Agree that the 6 to 12 slots which is likely the area where the Jets will pick would be the sweet spot for Douglass to pluck a stud offensive tackle. According to a very reputable site that I frequent when it comes to top players coming out of college, there are two stud plug and play offensive tackles that will be top 10 type picks...Andrew Thomas out of Georgia and Austin Jackson from USC.

There are two other tackles that are projected to go in the first round however the site says the sweet spot for Olineman is the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I've done quite a bit of research about Douglass and from what I gather from what I've read and heard, he is very astute talent evaluator and seeing he was on offensive lineman in his playing days, he's very savvy when it comes to drafting those types.

Only time will tell but considering his success in both Baltimore and Philly and having learned from Ozzie Newsome, I'm very confident we are in good hands with Douglass. Kind of like I was very confident that we had the right guy in Gorton for the Rangers, that's the way I feel about Douglass.

This coming offseason will be a biggie for us cause if Douglass pulls the right levers, this teams could easily be in the hunt for a playoff spot as early as next year.

Reactions: egelband

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Cb and olb as well.

Totally agree about that. The Jets absolutely will address the severe need for a cover corner seeing the Trumaine Johnson experiment will mercifully come to an end. Douglass almost certainly will address that in either the draft or UFA or both seeing we need a few CB's.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Friggen Ravens are ridiculous. I'm shocked at how good Lamar Jackson has become.

I actually think they could go into Foxboro and beat the evil empire in likely the AFC championship game...that's how good they are.

Next week vs the Niners will be a great test.

On the other hand...the Rams blow chunks...they are done. As good as Jackson has become, that's how bad Goff has regressed.

I guess we should call off the coronation of McVay as the next coming of Bill Walsh...eh?...lol

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Friggen Ravens are ridiculous. I'm shocked at how good Lamar Jackson has become.

I actually think they could go into Foxboro and beat the evil empire in likely the AFC championship game...that's how good they are.

Next week vs the Niners will be a great test.

On the other hand...the Rams blow chunks...they are done. As good as Jackson has become, that's how bad Goff has regressed.

I guess we should call off the coronation of McVay as the next coming of Bill Walsh...eh?...lol

The Ravens beating the Pats would be awful for the game, at least for me. I don't want football to turn into what the Ravens' offense is. Maybe it requires a special athlete like Jackson, but I just like the traditional game that every other team plays more and I'd hate this to become a trend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad