OT: 2019 Football Thread: Part III – Danny Dimes and Sammy Spleens Edition

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
The Ravens beating the Pats would be awful for the game, at least for me. I don't want football to turn into what the Ravens' offense is. Maybe it requires a special athlete like Jackson, but I just like the traditional game that every other team plays more and I'd hate this to become a trend.

Not sure why you think this way Snow. First off it's about time someone in the AFC was good enough to at least make the Patriots sweat and potentially beat them. Secondly, I'm sick and tired of them being in the Super Bowl. Time for someone else if you ask me.

And as far as your fear that football would turn into what the Ravens offense is, I doubt that would happen seeing there is no one in football like Jackson. I give them credit for utilizing him and molding him into what he does best. And he's improved dramatically as a thrower of the football.

I dunno man, I'm a little vexed at your commentary. Maybe you can better explain why the Patriots NOT being in the Super Bowl would be a bad thing no matter who beat them.

Reactions: bl02

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Not sure why you think this way Snow. First off it's about time someone in the AFC was good enough to at least make the Patriots sweat and potentially beat them. Secondly, I'm sick and tired of them being in the Super Bowl. Time for someone else if you ask me.

And as far as your fear that football would turn into what the Ravens offense is, I doubt that would happen seeing there is no one in football like Jackson. I give them credit for utilizing him and molding him into what he does best. And he's improved dramatically as a thrower of the football.

I dunno man, I'm a little vexed at your commentary. Maybe you can better explain why the Patriots NOT being in the Super Bowl would be a bad thing no matter who beat them.

The Patriots not being in the Super Bowl would be fine, I just don't want the Ravens being the ones that beat them, I think that might change the game. I doubt there would be enough QBs with the skillset to completely change the game but I'm ok with only one team running that offense. I actually like watching it from time to time because it's a break from regular football, but I don't want football to change into that for most teams.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
The Patriots not being in the Super Bowl would be fine, I just don't want the Ravens being the ones that beat them, I think that might change the game. I doubt there would be enough QBs with the skillset to completely change the game but I'm ok with only one team running that offense. I actually like watching it from time to time because it's a break from regular football, but I don't want football to change into that for most teams.

It won't. Like Max said, it's not like there's a Lamar Jackson type player that you can easily find, or a coaching staff like Baltimore's to help mold him.

If it ends up being Ravens vs Pats, then go Ravens every day of the week and twice on Sun's.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA

I'm telling ya, you have nothing to worry about. As I said there is no one like Lamar Jackson. What is intriguing to me about him is that he's not just a runner anymore. He can throw the rock. And he's exactly the kind of QB who would drive the Patsies nuts and likely beat them.

Glad to read you woulldn't mind of the Patsies didn't make the SB cause seriously, I am beyond fed up with them and all their success. Yes I'm a Jet fan as you know and I'm definitely biased but there are plenty of non Jet fans out there who are also sick and tired of them and would love nothing more than someone knocking them off.

If I really think about it, there is only one team in the AFC who can beat the Patriots no matter where they played and that would be the Ravens obviously. Maybe the Chiefs would have a shot but that would only be if the game was in KC. The Ravens I firmly believe as I said earlier, could go into Foxboro and beat them.

In the NFC, I'd give the Saints and Seahawks pretty decent shots at beating them in the SB if they played each other seeing they have the elite QB's, very good offenses and decent enough defenses to do the job.

As much as I'm impressed with the 49ers, I think Garapolo would wilt under the pressure and the Pats would beat them pretty thouroughly. That's about it as I don't buy the Packer, Vikings or anyone else in the NFC

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I'm telling ya, you have nothing to worry about. As I said there is no one like Lamar Jackson. What is intriguing to me about him is that he's not just a runner anymore. He can throw the rock. And he's exactly the kind of QB who would drive the Patsies nuts and likely beat them.

Glad to read you woulldn't mind of the Patsies didn't make the SB cause seriously, I am beyond fed up with them and all their success. Yes I'm a Jet fan as you know and I'm definitely biased but there are plenty of non Jet fans out there who are also sick and tired of them and would love nothing more than someone knocking them off.

If I really think about it, there is only one team in the AFC who can beat the Patriots no matter where they played and that would be the Ravens obviously. Maybe the Chiefs would have a shot but that would only be if the game was in KC. The Ravens I firmly believe as I said earlier, could go into Foxboro and beat them.

In the NFC, I'd give the Saints and Seahawks pretty decent shots at beating them in the SB if they played each other seeing they have the elite QB's, very good offenses and decent enough defenses to do the job.

As much as I'm impressed with the 49ers, I think Garapolo would wilt under the pressure and the Pats would beat them pretty thouroughly. That's about it as I don't buy the Packer, Vikings or anyone else in the NFC

I'm not that impressed with the Saints this season in the games I've seen. I think the Seahawks would have a chance, or even the 49ers depending on how Garapollo would play against the Pats, along with them being his former team.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I'm not that impressed with the Saints this season in the games I've seen. I think the Seahawks would have a chance, or even the 49ers depending on how Garapollo would play against the Pats, along with them being his former team.

Saints have been inconsistant at times this year but with Brees back, they have exactly the kind of team that could give the Patriots fits. So if I had to rank the teams in the NFL in order who I think an knock off the Patriots it would be this in order:

1. Ravens
2. Seahawks
3. Saints
4. 49ers
5. Chiefs

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Quick question to some of my brothers in here who also do fantasy football and have uber important games this week as playoffs are on the line as you guys in here know your shit as good as anyone's I know.

I have a major debate going on as who to start as my FLEX guy. I'm definitely starting Nick Chubb and Miles Sanders as my two backs. And I'm definitively starting Cooper Kupp and Devante Adams as my two WR's.

My choices at FLEX are Chris Carson who due to his stupid fumble issues might be in a time share with Rashaad Penny now. Philip Lindsay who has a nice matchup at home vs Chargers and Tyler Boyd vs sieve like secondary of our Jets are my two other choices for my FLEX.

My league is typical 1 pt per reception with your usual scoring specs.

I'm leaning towards Lindsay as he's in my lineup right now but my mind can be changed. Anyone who can help out here it would be most appreciated....thx in advance.

Last edited:

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
At one point people were wondering if the Dolphins were going to finish the year as the worst team in NFL history and now they have more wins than us lol

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

klingsor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Manhattan
Visit site
Is there some run stuffing (non pass rushing) defensive tackle for the Giants to take in the first round to replace Leonard Williams in case Gettelman decides not to offer him a 5 year $80 million ($66 million guaranteed) contract?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad