Current o/u on draft slots
Murray 2.5 +300/-500
Bosa 2.5 +200/-300
Williams +3.5 -120/-120
Haskins 10.5 +110/-150

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Just give me Williams or Allen. I question the kind of motivation and leadership bosa will have. Very "revis" type of feeling I get from him. I worry hell get his numbers but be injured frequently and never be a leader who makes others better. Even worse, I dont think he'll be nearly as much of a factor as Revis was in his prime.

I feel like Allen is the opposite. He seems to breathe football like jamal Adam's. Guys looked up to him in Kentucky. His work ethic and coachability were off the charts. Hes the type of guy I want for this team

Last edited:
Reactions: duhmetreE

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
NFL schedules officially released. Unfortunate that the Jets have an early week 4 bye, but otherwise pretty favorable schedule.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Just give me Williams or Allen. I question the kind of motivation and leadership bosa will have. Very "revis" type of feeling I get from him. I worry hell get his numbers but be injured frequently and never be a leader who makes others better. Even worse, I dont think he'll be nearly as much of a factor as Revis was in his prime.

I feel like Allen is the opposite. He seems to breathe football like jamal Adam's. Guys looked up to him in Kentucky. His work ethic and coachability were off the charts. Hes the type of guy I want for this team

People also make a lot of issues about Rosen's politics but somehow Bosa gets a pass. It's odd, since he's more extreme and more outspoken than Rosen even is. I'm not sure how he meshes with some teams.

Reactions: Matt4776

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
People also make a lot of issues about Rosen's politics but somehow Bosa gets a pass. It's odd, since he's more extreme and more outspoken than Rosen even is. I'm not sure how he meshes with some teams.

I hated this criticism of Rosen last draft season. Drove me absolutely up a wall.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Im aware that some people complained about something. I remember once on the radio I heard a few details and remember thinking he sounded like a dumb asshole

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Man, I was so hyped for the NFL draft with the Jets drafting 3rd and then all the off season signings and trades, that all went out the window when the Rangers won the 2nd overall pick lol now I'm dying waiting for the NHL draft, don't even care that the NFL draft is a week away.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

Yeah but imagine having TWO white guys on the D-line with Bosa and Anderson?? It will be like a poor man's Gastineau and Klecko lol

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
NFL schedules officially released. Unfortunate that the Jets have an early week 4 bye, but otherwise pretty favorable schedule.

Agreed...not a terrifying schedule at all. Still tho, I think we are one year away from getting a playoff spot. Looking things realistically, I see an 8-8 season on tap for Gang Green. I see us still needing a few too many pieces mostly on the O-Line and at the CB spots for us to hit double figures in wins. Now in 2020, that's a different story as that's the year I see us finally having all the pieces to make the playoffs.

My crystal ball has us going 3-3 in the division. I see us sweeping the Fish, splitting with the Bills but getting swept as much as I hate it, swept again by the Patsies. I have us winning out of division games vs Brownies, Giants, Redskins,Raiders and Bengals but losing out of division games vs Eagles,Cowgirls, Jags, Ravens and Steelers.

So in typical Jet fashion, we'll be 8-5 heading into our last 3 games, all of Jet Nation will be excited and saying "playoffs baby" and than we'll proceed to lose our last 3 games to the Ravens, Steelers and Bills and end up 8-8. And you know what? For a team that has blown chunks the past 8-9 years, that would be just fine for me as 8-8 would mean Sam got better, LeVeon was a force and that that defense actually stopped some people.

Some of my Jet brothers are talking 10-6 and shit...that's crazy talk even if we have a good draft. Now in 2020...that's a whole different story. For 2019...8-8 works just fine...:nod:

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I read the Jets have the 2nd easiest strength of schedule based on last year.

The first 6 are tough. Bills, Browns, Pats 2x, @Eagles, Cowboys. But 4 of 6 at home.

Come out of that 3-3 and you’re in good shape. The back end gets drastically better.
@Skins, @ravens, @bengals, Miami 2x, Raiders, Giants,@Jags.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
The first 8 weeks are a nightmare for the jets. If they can escape 2-5 it'll be an accomplishment. If they can escape better than that then this should be a legit wild card team at worse.

I don't buy the easiest strength of schedule arguments prior to a season starting. Certain teams always do better than last year. It matters more what the SOS is at the end of the year not the end of last year.

Idk about you all but I think the ravens, raiders, giants or jags won't be easy outs. All of them can be fighting for a wild card but I could also see where any number of them could be fighting for a top 10 draft pick.. Miami and Wsh should be easy. In Wsh case, they'll be a disaster.

Make that an absolute train wreck if Wsh is really going to give us its first and 2nd this year and its first next year to move to 3 (I doubt it). They'd be a complete shit show with zero first round picks or 2nd round picks to bolster what was an abysmal team to end last year.

I say zero picks bc if they trade for our 3rd OA they're getting a QB most likely. A qb who can't solve their offensive issues this year or contribute to their D.

At first when someone asked me about accepting a trade with Wsh I balked without thinking about it but then I sat and thought about how atrocious they should be. If I take their first this year, a 2nd this year and a 1st next year I can keep my fingers crossed that they go into the toilet next year. Shit we'd be like the Colorado Avalanche this year.

I can easily see Wsh being a bottom 5 team next year even if they keep their 1st and 2nd round pick this year. If they trade those to us? I don't see how they avoid the bottom 5 of the draft next year.

Of course this is all predicated on the notion that Wsh even wants to trade into the 3 spot anyway

Last edited:
Reactions: nyrage

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
I was pretty excited about the Jets picking third, but then we won the draft lottery and it's KK time. I've been trying to get back into NFL draft mood as it's always been my favorite sports week of the year. I just have no confidence in this clown GM when it comes to drafting. We have an immediate need at Edge. We can use another CB. The 0-line needs upgrading, especially at Center. This dopey GM has no regard for the O-line. It scares me to death that he goes with another non-premium position. If it's up to me, we go with Josh Allen and finally get an edge rusher. I think this GM goes with Williams if we stay at 3.

As far as the schedule goes (pre-Draft), I thought it was a frightening first half. We should beat Buffalo at home, but it's no gimme. We are probably an underdog at home to Cleveland. At NE is a loss. At Philly is probably another loss. Dallas is a solid team and that won't be an easy game at home. Then NE at home. Gase has done well against NE. If we're lucky, split with them and win at home. Jax on the road won't be easy, but it's winnable. As far as the second half, it's much easier, but winning at Baltimore won't be easy. Neither will be Pitt at home. To me, this is a 9 win team, give or take a win. We have no depth at CB and O-line, so a lot depends on injuries, too.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Idk about you all but I think the ravens, raiders, giants or jags won't be easy outs. All of them can be fighting for a wild card but I could also see where any number of them could be fighting for a top 10 draft pick.. Miami and Wsh should be easy. In Wsh case, they'll be a disaster.

No disrespect to the Giants fans here, but if the Jets are going to be a playoff team, they need to be beating that group of ravens, giants, raiders. Those are not playoff teams. You have to beat them.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
No disrespect to the Giants fans here, but if the Jets are going to be a playoff team, they need to be beating that group of ravens, giants, raiders. Those are not playoff teams. You have to beat them.

Agreed. Jets really need to take care of business after the second Patriots game where the schedule starts becoming favorable.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I don't remember hearing much about Rosen either to be honest. It is possible it was over shadowed by Josh Allen's (QB) tweets and that is why I don't remember. People should have left Rosen alone last year and leave Bosa alone this year. Much ado about nothing for those two.

I don't know much about Josh Allen from Kentucky to be honest. A lot of my buddies (who know more about college football than I do) say he would be a great pick at three. :dunno: I am in.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
I was pretty excited about the Jets picking third, but then we won the draft lottery and it's KK time. I've been trying to get back into NFL draft mood as it's always been my favorite sports week of the year. I just have no confidence in this clown GM when it comes to drafting. We have an immediate need at Edge. We can use another CB. The 0-line needs upgrading, especially at Center. This dopey GM has no regard for the O-line. It scares me to death that he goes with another non-premium position. If it's up to me, we go with Josh Allen and finally get an edge rusher. I think this GM goes with Williams if we stay at 3.

As far as the schedule goes (pre-Draft), I thought it was a frightening first half. We should beat Buffalo at home, but it's no gimme. We are probably an underdog at home to Cleveland. At NE is a loss. At Philly is probably another loss. Dallas is a solid team and that won't be an easy game at home. Then NE at home. Gase has done well against NE. If we're lucky, split with them and win at home. Jax on the road won't be easy, but it's winnable. As far as the second half, it's much easier, but winning at Baltimore won't be easy. Neither will be Pitt at home. To me, this is a 9 win team, give or take a win. We have no depth at CB and O-line, so a lot depends on injuries, too.

I'm leery of Allen. No real pass-rushing moves, no violent hands, extremely raw.

I'm definitely taking Bosa or Q. Williams over Allen. I even consider Oliver over Allen.

But I want to trade down.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I'm leery of Allen. No real pass-rushing moves, no violent hands, extremely raw.

I'm definitely taking Bosa or Q. Williams over Allen. I even consider Oliver over Allen.

But I want to trade down.

I can Josh Allen becoming like an Anthony Barr type player (ironically), so I don't think he'll bust. Whether that's worth the #3 overall pick is another story.

I do think Q. Williams has the highest potential of any defensive player in this draft, sans Ed Oliver.

Nick Bosa's potential injuries scare me a bit if he's anything like his brother (along with the diva-like attitude).

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Agreed...not a terrifying schedule at all. Still tho, I think we are one year away from getting a playoff spot. Looking things realistically, I see an 8-8 season on tap for Gang Green. I see us still needing a few too many pieces mostly on the O-Line and at the CB spots for us to hit double figures in wins. Now in 2020, that's a different story as that's the year I see us finally having all the pieces to make the playoffs.

My crystal ball has us going 3-3 in the division. I see us sweeping the Fish, splitting with the Bills but getting swept as much as I hate it, swept again by the Patsies. I have us winning out of division games vs Brownies, Giants, Redskins,Raiders and Bengals but losing out of division games vs Eagles,Cowgirls, Jags, Ravens and Steelers.

So in typical Jet fashion, we'll be 8-5 heading into our last 3 games, all of Jet Nation will be excited and saying "playoffs baby" and than we'll proceed to lose our last 3 games to the Ravens, Steelers and Bills and end up 8-8. And you know what? For a team that has blown chunks the past 8-9 years, that would be just fine for me as 8-8 would mean Sam got better, LeVeon was a force and that that defense actually stopped some people.

Some of my Jet brothers are talking 10-6 and ****...that's crazy talk even if we have a good draft. Now in 2020...that's a whole different story. For 2019...8-8 works just fine...:nod:
I really have no idea how someone who has been a Jets fan longer than 1 week could have any amount of optimism in their hearts. With the New York Football Jets, you expect the worst and maybe you get pleasantly surprised, that’s the most you can do.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I don't remember hearing much about Rosen either to be honest. It is possible it was over shadowed by Josh Allen's (QB) tweets and that is why I don't remember. People should have left Rosen alone last year and leave Bosa alone this year. Much ado about nothing for those two.

I don't know much about Josh Allen from Kentucky to be honest. A lot of my buddies (who know more about college football than I do) say he would be a great pick at three. :dunno: I am in.

There was a ton made about Rosen's politics. Bosa's dog whistle Twitter nonsense is a big red flag, frankly.

Reactions: Matt4776
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad