OT: 2019 Football Thread: Free Agency and The Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Washington is all over Haskins and wants to move up.

What package would you need as a Jets fan to justify trading that 3oa to them?

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
2019 1st round, 2020 1st round and 2019 2nd round. Price of trading into the top 5 for a QB.
Absolutely not. A 2020 1st is treated like a current 2nd. Last year the Jets traded 2 2018 2nds and a 2019 2nd to move from 6 to 3. Moving from 15 to 3 will require a lot more than that.

Edit: Unless your 2019 1st is in addition to 15oa.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
That 2020 skins first is enticing. Haskins or not, they’re gonna be bad this year.
You can never assume that.. Washington was bad this season too and still only wound up at 15. The NFC East as a whole is bad. Anything can happen in a 16 game season (except for the AFC East).

Reactions: romba

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Let Washington trade up for Haskins. The Giants should be plenty happy to scoop up a falling Josh Allen or Quinnen Williams.

Reactions: RGY

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Agree. They're sitting at 15, so that's a massive jump/drop. Might even ask for more, to be honest.

Yup, that’s just an offer that would be realistic. Could definitely see the Jets asking for more to be added. If Washington thinks Haskins is their guy, they’ll give it up.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Yeah as much as I would love for the Jets to trade down and get more picks, this doesn't seem to be a great year for that.

Probably best off taking Williams and moving on.

Reactions: FultonReed

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
You may get a 3rd rounder on top of it, but this is a down year for QBs and the price will likely be less than what you paid for Darnold.
It's just not worth trading down from 3 to 15 for that. The Jets don't need a QB and have no real reason to trade down other than hopefully getting a haul from some desperate team that's poorly run. And we are talking about the redskins.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Washington is all over Haskins and wants to move up.

What package would you need as a Jets fan to justify trading that 3oa to them?
Their 1st and two 2nds. Jets need to get back into the 2nd round. There are a lot of good WRs in this draft slated to go late 1st / early 2nd. And we can take OL with Washington’s 1st.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I doubt Williams will be that impact in the NFL
I’ll be so disappointed if we go Q Williams at 3. There are so many DL who in college looked like monsters and were drafted high to end up being merely above average or worse in the NFL. They can’t dominate physically like they did in college. L Williams is an example . Above average player but when we drafted him we were told he was the best player in the draft. Glen Dorsey, Nick Fairly, Marcell Dareus the list goes on. And on top of that, as a Jets fan I’m sick of drafting interior DL . We need impact players at high value positions . We keep going “BPA” but at low value positions. I love Adams but taking him and Maye 2 years ago is so typically Jets. We haven’t had a real impact pass rusher in 15 years. We haven’t drafted an impact offensive skill players since... Santana Moss?

Last edited:
Reactions: nyrage

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'll reiterate what I said previously. I don't want to trade down because they convince themselves that's what they need to do, and then take some sub-par offer because of it. If they get a good offer, trade back. If not, stand pat and take the guy you think will have the biggest impact. Don't become married to a play if it's not there.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Sports radio/podcast is gonna be fire flames for my Friday commute.
Not going in to work tomorrow, almost wish I were to catch the heat in the commute. Should be a fun one!

I'm realistic about hockey talk, but when we got the 2nd overall I was so god damned pumped and was certain my excitement would be shared by Gen Pop lol. More of a resounding 'meh so wut'. A few updates failed to even mention Rangers getting down to two, only enough time to say the Devils won the draft.

Reactions: Bob Richards

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I’ll be so disappointed if we go Q Williams at 3. There are so many DL who in college looked like monsters and were drafted high to end up being merely above average or worse in the NFL. They can’t dominate physically like they did in college. L Williams is an example . Above average player but when we drafted him we were told he was the best player in the draft. Glen Dorsey, Nick Fairly, Marcell Dareus the list goes on. And on top of that, as a Jets fan I’m sick of drafting interior DL . We need impact players at high value positions . We keep going “BPA” but at low value positions. I love Adams but taking him and Maye 2 years ago is so typically Jets. We haven’t had a real impact pass rusher in 15 years. We haven’t drafted an impact offensive skill players since... Santana Moss?

I mean that's fine and all, but what offensive player are you drafting at 3?

There isn't a RB or WR that should be remotely close to the top 10 in this draft, much less 3rd.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX

What? You don't like DTs playing DE in a 3-4, tiny LBs, and multiple in the box safeties? I couldn't agree more. Outside of Darnold, this dope (and Idzik before him) keeps drafting non-premium positions and whiffs at skill positions. His best draft pick was Herndon. Outside of safe picks like Adams and Williams, he's been a disaster. They should have canned him along with Bowles.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
The ideal scenario is trading down and taking Josh Allen.

I've seen 1 scenario where we trade down with the Giants and take Allen at 6. That'd be amazing

Last edited:

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
The Jets have 1st hand experience with a redundant line. Mo, Leo and Richardson were average at best in 'results'. They all want to play the same positions.

We already have Leo and Anderson... McLendon and Shepherd for the middle..

Where does Quinnen Williams fit? It'd be just more of the same unless we move to a 4-man front

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad