OT: 2019 Football Thread: Free Agency and The Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
That part is tough since no one knows the exact method for calculating compensatory free agents and the accompanying picks. But, it is know that they generally can cancel each other out--like if you sign three compensatory free agents (guys who would get their team a comp pick) and lose two of your own, you probably do not receive any compensatory picks. I have no idea what the Giants are going to do in free agency. One of Gettleman's justifications for not tagging Collins was the $11M+ number might impact their free agency plans. Could just be him making **** up, but who knows.

Oh, it assuredly is. We can easily clear a f***-ton of money by getting rid of some dead wood. We can then clear another f***-ton of money by trying to trade Vernon and Jenkins. The idea that this is a money decision is a flat-out lie.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Does anyone have a decent mock from a good source? I don't put as much time into the NFL draft as I do the NHL draft.

One of the better "independent" ones is WalterFootball (they have two mocks - one for Walter and one for Charlie). Then your various other mocks from various outlets.

The worst would be DrafTek. It's run by fans.

Reactions: What Door

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Does anyone have a decent mock from a good source? I don't put as much time into the NFL draft as I do the NHL draft.
NFL Mock Drafts 2019 - Football Draft Projections
2019 NFL Mock Draft: Patriots capitalize on Cardinals' desire for Kyler Murray by trading for Josh Rosen
2019 NFL Mock Draft - WalterFootball.com
Daniel Jeremiah 2019 NFL mock draft 2.0: Cards go Kyler Murray

ESPN has stuff as well, I think McShay does them now, but they're behind a paywall. Honestly I don't think any one is better than another, unless you see one with some crazy stuff. We could take a few of us here and probably put together a mock on par with what the "pros" do.

Reactions: What Door

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I don’t see us signing a high priced UfA. Not at Collins level. I think we’ll get a pick. But regardless we should no way be paying Collins 11 plus mil.

We almost assuredly will. We are likely going heavy after Daryl Williams. Daryl Williams and Landon Collins will likely both grade out as 3rd round compensatory picks. They would then cancel out and we would receive zero compensation for Collins.

Again, banking on a comp pick is the single stupidest thing anyone could possibly do. Neither you nor I know the alleged formula. Gettleman certainly doesn't, either. No one does. It's a guess.

Compensatory Draft Picks Cancellation Chart | Over the Cap

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Maybe it’s just me but I’d be pretty shocked if Haskins was there at 6 and the Giants don’t take him.

I think he’s their guy.

And on another note now we got Bell to KC rumours :help: Veach loves his raw talent so that doesn’t surprise me, I just hope we actually try and fix the f***ing defense instead of giving Andy toys to play with

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Maybe it’s just me but I’d be pretty shocked if Haskins was there at 6 and the Giants don’t take him.

I'm already enjoying the amusing "Let's keep Eli around as a $23M mentor!" chatter. It worked out so well with the Jonathan Stewart $3.5M mentorship model that we may as well add a 2 in front.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I'm already enjoying the amusing "Let's keep Eli around as a $23M mentor!" chatter. It worked out so well with the Jonathan Stewart $3.5M mentorship model that we may as well add a 2 in front.
Yeah Gettleman said he wants to follow the “KC model”. He’s delusional if he thinks he can do that with current Eli Manning when the “KC model” included Alex Smith in his best ever season (and there were still fans begging for Mahomes midseason).

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Yeah Gettleman said he wants to follow the “KC model”. He’s delusional if he thinks he can do that with current Eli Manning when the “KC model” included Alex Smith in his best ever season (and there were still fans begging for Mahomes midseason).

You could've just written "Gettleman . . . he's delusional" and concluded the post, there.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
You could've just written "Gettleman . . . he's delusional" and concluded the post, there.
Yeah, I really don’t understand wtf they’re doing there. For me, it started with Barkley over Darnold (I know that Barkley is INSANE but I still think Darnold will be very good, and to me it shows that Gettleman doesn’t understand positional value). If they traded OBJ it’d be the cherry on top.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Yeah, I really don’t understand wtf they’re doing there. For me, it started with Barkley over Darnold (I know that Barkley is INSANE but I still think Darnold will be very good, and to me it shows that Gettleman doesn’t understand positional value). If they traded OBJ it’d be the cherry on top.

His pro-personnel decisions are awful.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey

J Stew getting hurt and giving virtually ever snap to Saquon this season was the kind of team oriented sacrifice we need around here.

A true pioneer.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Find a good OT to play opposite Nate and they will finally have a respectable OL

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Find a good OT to play opposite Nate and they will finally have a respectable OL

That won't come during FA. Line will be way too expensive with Manning still lingering around and sucking cap space.

If they cut Manning, they'll have quite a bit of cash to play with and can invest it at the RT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->