2019 F1

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
I loved Jacques at the time, and rooted for him as heavily as I've ever rooted in a sport - but he really does come off as a dick. Just listen to what he has to say about Schumacher in this video. Most guys - Coulthard, Hill, Hakkinen - who were rivals of Michael's have largely set aside their beef in light of his condition and everything... but Jacques still harbours this very visible and visceral resentment. You can see it here, and in that reflection article he wrote in 2017.

Last edited:

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Villeneuve is an arse and was a hopeless driver. There's no arguing that Schumacher ran people off the road to win though, and he's not the only one.

As for Hamilton and Leclerc, that was about the most patronising thing possible. I was half expecting him to go over and ruffle his hair saying "you'll get them next time, kid!" Please.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Just finished the Netflix series. Enjoyed it, got some good insight from different teams. Sucks that the top guys at Ferrari and Mercedes were not a part of it though. And since I'm such a child I enjoyed listening to some uncensored team radios.

I felt like that series could be even better for getting people interested in F1, rather than entertaining people who are already fans. Some things were sooo overdramatized.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Just finished the Netflix series. Enjoyed it, got some good insight from different teams. Sucks that the top guys at Ferrari and Mercedes were not a part of it though. And since I'm such a child I enjoyed listening to some uncensored team radios.

I felt like that series could be even better for getting people interested in F1, rather than entertaining people who are already fans. Some things were sooo overdramatized.

Yeah. To your last point I know at least 4-5 people who probably haven't even seen a full lap who loved the series and claim they're now getting into the actual sport more.

It's great publicity for F1 and once Mercedes and Ferrari give in I imagine it will be even more popular. Ferrari as a brand transcends F1 and I suspect Lewis Hamilton does as well.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
This feels like a recording.
I like Vettel but it puts a smile on my face when he messes up, can't stand Ferrari when they do stuff like this. Last few seasons I get it, Kimi was so clearly inferior that the only way for them to win the title was to put it all on Vettel. But now they have a driver in Leclerc who is already just as fast and probably more mature as a driver, so I don't understand it. If anyone is winning a title at Ferrari it's Leclerc.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
So who'll finish P3 on Sunday? Perez, Stroll and Perez again have P3 in the three races in Baku. Perez was the only driver outside the top 3 teams to finish on the podium last season, as was Stroll in 2017. Both happening in Baku. In 2016 there was three (Perez in Baku & Monaco and Bottas in Canada).

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Here's the FP1 recap via Twitter:

So that's one manhole cover, one destroyed Williams chassis, one crane, one bridge, one oily Williams.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
It wouldn't be a race weekend in Baku if weird shit didn't happen. That's just what happens there. Manhole cover issues. Vettel losing his mind. Red Bull's going out together. Stroll on the podium.

It's like the race is held on some ancient cursed grounds.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Best part was Salo, who's working as a steward this weekend, posting this pic. Bottas then commented on it that "how did it go in your opinion?" and Salo basically lol'd as a reply. :laugh:

Qualifying ban isn't enough IMO, he should've been banned from the race. Had one of those marshals smacked their head on the tarmac at fast pace, it would've been fatal.

Reactions: Preds Partisan

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
This is going to turn out to be such a shit season, Ferrari and Red Bull (Gasly) have been too inconsistent. Merc will run away with it and even though Bottas has been good so far there's no way he keeps up with Hamilton the whole season

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
1. Mercedes (either one)
2. Crane operator
3. Track workers fixing something

Prediction for podium tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad