Renault enginesRenault, McLaren
Honda enginesRed Bull, Toro Rosso
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

2019 Rule Changes Summary:
F1 RULES & REGULATIONS: What’s new for 2019? | Formula 1®

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Max's public service "punishment" for shoving Ocon in Brazil is to spend this weekend watching the stewards in Morocco for the Formula E race. Sign me up for that VIP experience!

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Looking forward to mid February. I love me some new livery and we are probably looking a significant rebrand with Williams. Was hoping something new would happen with Racing Point's look but it seems the pink is generally staying.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Actually, Racing Point really feels like a placeholder name, and was it Lawrence Stroll that implied at the team looking at a possible "branding" deal?
Such a deal could obviously have an impact the livery.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Actually, Racing Point really feels like a placeholder name, and was it Lawrence Stroll that implied at the team looking at a possible "branding" deal?
Such a deal could obviously have an impact the livery.
Car is being revealed Feb 13 in Toronto and last month it was reported that a new livery and name should be ready then.

BWT is still listed as main sponsor for now. All BWT racing sponsorships around the world switched to pink so you'd think if BWT is spending lots of cash in motorsports they'd want to keep the colors consistent in all series.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
It was announced this week that other than pit entry and some minor resurfacing, there will be no changes to the Circuit Paul Ricard French GP layout for 2019. Was hoping they would take advantage of the various layout options and give us something a little more interesting than the 2018 race setup.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
A couple of TV notes:

ESPN will have commercial free F1 coverage again this year. This is the last of a two year contract apparently.

Preseason testing will be available on F1 TV and Sky.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
The tire changes are significantly more confusing now. I now need a map for the race tires to the actual compound. They did this to make it easier for casual fans but do casual fans care about tire compounds? It took me like 2 seasons to start paying attention to it and I still don’t know much about tires after like 5 seasons now. Saying the soft tire for race 1 is the hard for race 2 is ridiculous.

Reactions: Paris in Flames

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Today Alonso added the Rolex 24 at Daytona to his 24 Hours of Le Mans win last year. Heavy rain pretty much destroyed the race with red flags hours of yellow flags. When he's in a top car he's almost unstoppable and aggressive as hell.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Today Alonso added the Rolex 24 at Daytona to his 24 Hours of Le Mans win last year. Heavy rain pretty much destroyed the race with red flags hours of yellow flags. When he's in a top car he's almost unstoppable and aggressive as hell.
Hopefully he can win at Indy and Sebring and he’d have two different Triple Crowns.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I'm glad to see that. It's really delivered some entertaining races the last couple (quite possibly the most entertaining race in each of the last two seasons).

Reactions: Kane One

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
So ROKiT is basically a new telecom company that has yet to roll out products, although it existed in a previous form before getting kicked off wireless networks. Rich Energy claims to be an energy drink company, but no one has ever seen their products.

Williams and Haas seem to have signed with title partners this year with fake companies. As long as the check clears that's probably all the teams care about, but this is alarming/nuts/weird/bizarre/desperate/etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->