2019 F1

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
My live feed cut off as Vettel entered the 3rd sector during the final run of Q3, thanks CMore. :pullhair:

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Not that it matters when you're starting last anyway, but Gasly DQ'd from qualifying. First time a team has been caught cheating the fuel flow limit during qualifying, although others have been caught during the race.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Both F2 races have been chaos as expected. I love this track, just get some proper marshals there for Christ's sake.

Edit: and just as I post that, Aitken's team radio is broadcasted: "Jesus, could these marshals be any slower?"

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Pretty dull race

Bottas on 87
Hamilton on 86
Vettel on 52
Verstappen on 51
Leclerc on 48
Mercedes 74 point lead on Ferrari

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I mean...this season is intriguing....but it's not.

Will Hamilton be surpassed by a teammate again?

Will Bottas take his ball, go home, retire if he DOES surpass Hamilton?

Will Max be able to finish third in the driver standings?

Will Leclerc take over as Ferrari's number 1 driver?

Will Ferrari ever not shoot themselves in the foot when things are going well for them?

Who even knows!

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Lewis wasn't quite as happy congratulating Valtteri as he usually is. He's probably starting to see him as a real threat now.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
I mean...this season is intriguing....but it's not.

Will Hamilton be surpassed by a teammate again?

Will Bottas take his ball, go home, retire if he DOES surpass Hamilton?

Will Max be able to finish third in the driver standings?

Will Leclerc take over as Ferrari's number 1 driver?

Will Ferrari ever not shoot themselves in the foot when things are going well for them?

Who even knows!

Will Red Bull drop Gasly

Reactions: SoupyFIN

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Ferrari looks cooked. I assume they'll win some races, and look good at times, but you can't spot Mercedes four straight 1-2 finishes and come back, unless you get some luck.

On another matter, poor Ricciardo.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
On another matter, poor Ricciardo.
No one thought Renault would be good right away. It was always a long term plan for Ricciardo. Probably looking at the 2021 rule changes. He wasn't going to win a championship at Red Bull with Verstappen being his team mate. It might end up being a good move, might not, but I'm sure his 20 million salary will make him feel a bit better.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Plus. You can't blame Renault for Australia and Baku. Both of those come down to driver error.

Either way. It's going to make some delightful Netflix footage.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Shades of Keke in Kimi in his declaration that he doesn't give a shit about what Finnish fans think and that Switzerland is his home. Should there ever be Räikkönen jr. in F1 he'll probably drive for Switzerland like Rosberg jr. chose Germany.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Shades of Keke in Kimi in his declaration that he doesn't give a **** about what Finnish fans think and that Switzerland is his home. Should there ever be Räikkönen jr. in F1 he'll probably drive for Switzerland like Rosberg jr. chose Germany.
Well Nico's mother is German while Kimi has a Finnish wife.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
25 years ago, Aryton Senna lost his life in the San Marino GP.

Can't believe it's been that long.
I was barely two at the time (22-ish months), but I remember parts from that day. That year Sunday happened to be May Day, a national holiday here, so we were visiting my uncle's family (we used to go there every year around holidays, usually during Christmas time). I don't remember much; other than the ride there and back, playing with my cousins and then the shocked atmosphere in the living room, where all the adults were watching the race.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
That is horseshit, Interlagos has been one of my favourites in the F1 games.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
I'll reserve judgement until I see the new track. I did like Interlagos.

It's a Tilke design, so you kind of already know what you're going to get. The question I have is the new F1 regulations go into effect in 2021 and since they haven't been approved, will the new track be able to successfully incorporate what we think these cars will do in the future or just meet the current design?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
That's a shame. Interlagos was one of the best tracks on the calendar but you could see this coming with the safety issues there. Hopefully F1 will return there one day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad