GDT: ECQF: Game 3 - New York Rangers @ Washington Capitals, 7pm ET, TNT, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I want Chytil to get into the lineup (hopefully not due to someone’s injury - anyone’s expecting a baby by any chance?).

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
Well with the other favored Eastern clubs going up 3-0 we'll kinda look like jackasses if we don't pull it off too.
Here is the problem with that. The league isn’t gonna want all these teams up 3-0. Refs will definitely be on the side of Caps in an effort to make this a series. More so than Games 1 and 2. The Caps at home down by 2 games with other teams up 3-0 is a disaster for Rangers

Reactions: KevinFinnerty

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
And you know, to hell with these quacks! "No, sir, you should have less buffalo wings. Please cut back on your bourbon. Try more fiber." ...I mean, yes, I think something is going-on internally because when I farted one time and it had more hang-time than any Jordan playoff game.

But you know what would help? Rempe F5'ing Wilson in the middle of the ice as he leads us to victory.
This had me rolling, a genuine chuckle, chuckle, lol shortly after.
Thanks, I needed that.

Reactions: Brutananadilewski

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
So I live in the DC area nowadays. Do I brave a watch party with a bunch of my teammates who are all Caps and Pens fans?
I would, that's what makes sports so fun. Those heated arguments of who was/is a better Captain, Messier, Ovie or Crosby for example. Something like that.

Reactions: Synergy27

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
In a world of dvr's, how can this be? Can't you watch it afterwards, making sure you don't find out the score by accident (spoiler)
Yeah, when I DVR the game, no social media, any texts to me get read by my wife to make sure there are no spoilers in the text message.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Yeah, when I DVR the game, no social media, any texts to me get read by my wife to make sure there are no spoilers in the text message.
Be careful with that. I tried that once, and my ex just couldn't play it off. Something she said or did gave it away. She's a Rangers fan as well, and was particularly happy that evening.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
In a world of dvr's, how can this be? Can't you watch it afterwards, making sure you don't find out the score by accident (spoiler)
I will be watching afterwards. I just don't have the inclination to undo all the alerts and such that I have set up.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Hope we come out flying tonight. Need to put the petal to the metal. The flame to the grill. The hammer to the nail. The swatter to the fly. The ship to the bridge. The shotgun to the stupid squirrel digging up my garden.

Just win

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I'm expecting a lot 5 on 5 from Kreider, Zibanejad and Roslovic. A statement game.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I get why Caps fans don't like the hit; I'd be upset too if roles were reversed. It was clean, but opportunistic; and clearly a result of Panarin taking that jackass' number from earlier in the game.

But on the flip side, LOL.

Reactions: bhamill and Profet

Cygnus 2112

Aug 7, 2014
Long Island
I would, that's what makes sports so fun. Those heated arguments of who was/is a better Captain, Messier, Ovie or Crosby for example. Something like that.
Don't forget the witty retorts to comments like "I think Mess was overrated":

"Oh yeah?? Well you know what I thinks???"

*boot to the crotch*

Reactions: Messrules11

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Outside of Detroit who obviously didn't make it, I wish we had drawn the Islanders in this round.

Shitty special teams, inability to hold leads and a shockingly hilarious unwillingness to engage physically at all? Would have been a f***ing cake walk.

I don't think Washington is good but they're not going to roll over like the NYI and will resort to goon tactics. They already tried last game and weren't too happy when the Rangers punched back.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Outside of Detroit who obviously didn't make it, I wish we had drawn the Islanders in this round.

Shitty special teams, inability to hold leads and a shockingly hilarious unwillingness to engage physically at all? Would have been a f***ing cake walk.

I don't think Washington is good but they're not going to roll over like the NYI and will resort to goon tactics. They already tried last game and weren't too happy when the Rangers punched back.

The Islanders would have played very differently against the Rangers

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Don't forget the witty retorts to comments like "I think Mess was overrated":

"Oh yeah?? Well you know what I thinks???"

*boot to the crotch*
giphy.gif

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
I get why Caps fans don't like the hit; I'd be upset too if roles were reversed. It was clean, but opportunistic; and clearly a result of Panarin taking that jackass' number from earlier in the game.

But on the flip side, LOL.
Yeah. It was a typical close-to-borderline NHL hit. "Clean", got a little of the head but mostly to the body, but predatory & excessive. Had the refs called Oshie's actions earlier it wouldn't have happened. It's impressive that Panarin could throw such a hit so effectively & more or less legally. The guy has skills.

I thought Laffy's hit in game one was was closer to being a penalty than that.

Anyway I hope they keep their mind on winning tonight. They are better than the Caps. Play a sound game, no nonchalant giving the puck away, get the W.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The Islanders would have played very differently against the Rangers

I don't think so, this is kind of who they are.

Like @Machinehead said, they're the Hurricanes but worse at everything except goaltending and even then probably not a whole lot better this year if at all.

Plus they blow leads on the regular. People were fearful of them because of the thought of losing to them would have been excruciating but I would have preferred that match up to anyone other than the Wings who we would have bounced in 4 while scoring 5+ every game. Even more in hindsight with just how uninspired their effort was in a must win game. Will always be down to play a team that is going to quit when it gets hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad