2019 F1

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Looks like pretty much everyone is bringing major aero updates and/or new PU's to Spain.

Hopefully the Merc 1-2 parade stops this weekend (probably not).

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Toto learned his lesson. This time he perfected his fake smile after Valtteri finished ahead of Lewis.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Even Lawrence Stroll doesn't have enough money to buy driving skill.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Even Lawrence Stroll doesn't have enough money to buy driving skill.

Wait, what was Stroll supposed to to here? Get out of the raceline when he was clearly ahead of Norris?

(If your post is about how Lance shouldnt have been in this position in the first place, fair enough, but the RP was something of a dog of car for this race at least)

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Yeah. I think that one is on Norris if anything but it looks like a textbook example of a racing incident.

But yeah. Otherwise just a boring ass race. Maybe 1 lap of excitement total.

This season is pushing it to unwatchable though.

Last edited:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Wait, what was Stroll supposed to to here? Get out of the raceline when he was clearly ahead of Norris?

(If your post is about how Lance shouldnt have been in this position in the first place, fair enough, but the RP was something of a dog of car for this race at least)
Stroll was clearly ahead of Norris because he started turning into the corner as you normally would, and seeing this Norris had to try to back off but couldn't do so.

de9b37c1a8c856823dfa84ccf8d74b8d.png

Stroll is still ahead, but Norris is far enough alongside him that you have to give room there. Can't just turn into the corner as if you're driving alone.

And yeah, these things happen to everyone, my comment was for the most part about his performances this season as a whole.

Reactions: MXD

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I've never liked Catalunya.....this was one of the worst yet.

Be thrilled to see it go...bring back San Marino.

Stunningly terrible race.....

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
When I saw it I thought Stroll was in the wrong (force of habit, I suppose) and watching the replays, I think I'm right. He's ahead, but Norris is still there and you can't cut someone off who's alongside you and assume they'll move or disappear. Even if he takes a wider line through that corner he'll still be on the inside for the right-hander coming up, so it's not like he would really have been at a disadvantage by backing off.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
When I saw it I thought Stroll was in the wrong (force of habit, I suppose) and watching the replays, I think I'm right. He's ahead, but Norris is still there and you can't cut someone off who's alongside you and assume they'll move or disappear. Even if he takes a wider line through that corner he'll still be on the inside for the right-hander coming up, so it's not like he would really have been at a disadvantage by backing off.
I would disagree with you there - Lando has to know that's not going to work and back off. Stroll would be right to assume at theta point that Norris won't be there. We all see things differently...I can't see that one any other way.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Stroll was clearly ahead of Norris because he started turning into the corner as you normally would, and seeing this Norris had to try to back off but couldn't do so.

de9b37c1a8c856823dfa84ccf8d74b8d.png

Stroll is still ahead, but Norris is far enough alongside him that you have to give room there. Can't just turn into the corner as if you're driving alone.

And yeah, these things happen to everyone, my comment was for the most part about his performances this season as a whole.

Stroll absolutely DOESN'T have to give up his raceline to someone who is behind him.

Anyways, it was deemed a racing incident. Right call as far as I'm concerned. Noris, to me, is totally responsible here, without being at fault (if that somehow makes sense). There will be fights, some of these fights will end up badly, and this is one of them.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Truthfully I don't think either Stroll or Norris are wrong to expect the other to act differently. I think most drivers if they're defending would expect Norris to back off and I think when most drivers are attacking they would expect to be given a bit more room.

I don't think the move would have stuck so backing off would have been the wise move. Back off and take him under DRS and everybody is happy. Well. Except Stroll.

Speaking of Canadians. Latifi is tearing up F2 right now and doing some testing for Williams. Wonder when (not if) we see him.

Reactions: MXD

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
So I may just not be paying enough attention but is Ted Kravitz on a part time basis with Sky? Don't recall seeing him since late March. Maybe early April?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Even though Stroll was blocking the inside line for turn 1, he still has the racing line for turn 2. He's on the more flowing line and can mantain a higher rate of speed through the two corners, especially turn 2. Norris only makes it alongside Stroll by basically divebombing him, I doubt Stroll even saw Norris come alongside him between turn 1 and 2. For Norris to expect Stroll to give him space, he should've already been alongside Stroll heading into turn 1 braking, thus forcing both drivers to give each other space.

Stroll has done his fair share of stupidity over the years, but this isn't his fault. Norris is to blame here, but I'd still say it's more of a racing incident.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Zandvoort is back next season, rare good news from the F1. Should be great atmosphere too with Verstappen.

zandvoort-luftbild.jpg

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
The atmosphere will be insane. The traveling Dutch take over the crowd at some tracks so it'll be cool to see them have their own home GP.

And as a man who buys the video game every year I really do welcome new tracks.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Awful track for these current cars. Boring track replaced with another one. Atmosphere will be great yeah, but we already got that in Spa and Austria.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Modern Formula 1 cars are at their best on narrow circuits with low-speed corners imo
There's enough high speed corners that it won't matter, you still can't follow anyone through those corners despite the supposed regulation changes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad