2019 F1

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
General Admission. Was a gift from the family so I felt bad asking for anything too expensive and I know somebody who went last year and said General admission was fine.

I'm not fully sold or convinced on general admission but I imagine it's more about the atmosphere than seeing all that much.
Go early and get a spot up front. There’s a good spot around turns 11/12. If you go later, then go all the way in the back by the grass and you could get a decent spot there. Consider bringing a chair if you’re early because the ground is concrete. The spots further back are grass so bring a sheet/picnic mat.

I’m not sure if this changed since I went, but you can bring food and beer.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
General Admission. Was a gift from the family so I felt bad asking for anything too expensive and I know somebody who went last year and said General admission was fine.

I'm not fully sold or convinced on general admission but I imagine it's more about the atmosphere than seeing all that much.

Regardless of where you are, all you really see live is your specific section of the track.

They set up huge TV screens so you can see action from other areas of the track.

All this to say, grandstand or general admission, it's mostly about the atmosphere.

Bring sunscreen, ear plugs, and a lot of food/beer. Have fun!

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Bahrain tidbits:

3rd DRS zone added, Sainz already on second MGU-K, Ricciardo will get new chassis and Williams short on parts.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I'm pretty sure the term humblebrag was invented because of Hamilton.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Should have known after that 787 almost stalled into the Royal Tower during pre-race that this would be nuts.

Congrats to Merc, Lando Norris and Williams for staying out of your own way. The rest was a comedy/tragedy of errors. Renault still sabotaging Red Bull, Vettel doing whatever he's doing, Crashjean etc....it was hard to stop laughing. 8/10 entertainment level today.

On to Gran Prix #1000 in China.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Serious question and not trolling around:

If Leclerc keeps beating Vettel, does he say bye bye to Ferrari and go somewhere else? The last time he was seriously challenged by his team mate was 2014 with Ricciardo and we know how that ended. He can't handle being beat, and it's even worse if it's his team mate.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009

If Leclerc keeps beating Vettel, does he say bye bye to Ferrari and go somewhere else? The last time he was seriously challenged by his team mate was 2014 with Ricciardo and we know how that ended. He can't handle being beat, and it's even worse if it's his team mate.
Where would he go? He'd retire before moving to a lesser team. Unless Hamilton retired, every other team would be a step backwards.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Where would he go? He'd retire before moving to a lesser team. Unless Hamilton retired, every other team would be a step backwards.
The 2021 rule changes should shake the pack up quite a bit, maybe he'd take his chances then? He'll be 33 by then, he'd still have time to try and develop a team like McLaren to a real contender. Of course it would be a gamble, but so was Lewis' jump to Mercedes in 2013.

RAB FERD

Oct 2, 2013
That race was unreal. Impressed with how charles reeled those guys back in after his bad start. Not suprised his tires were cold after that formation lap though.
Hope ferarri can figure out their engine so we can see a battle. Their chassis is clearly good.
Hamilton wipes his ass with Vettel again.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
One of the better races in the past few years. Feel bad for Leclerc, but he showed he will be a force in F1 this season and for the seasons to come.

Going to be fun to watch the Mercedes and Ferrari battles this year.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

I wouldn't rule out Ferrari moving on from Vettel and not necessarily the other way around.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Leclerc is going to force Vettel to up his game or he will do like Ricciardo and have to bolt as the team will rally around the younger driver. Ferrari punching back is good for the neutral...bring on the next one.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Villeneuve is a complete idiot by saying Hamilton wasn't sincere with Leclerc.
Villeneuve, who as a driver was nothing special and as a human being, nothing but a loud mouth attention seeker.
- his father was way better, in every way

One time super lucky world champion, Williams F1 car (what Jacques was driving) at that year (usually) was like 1-1,5 seconds faster
than the 2nd fastest car not Williams and 1 second faster than his team mates car ,anyone with his car would of won the title.

Didn't win a single race after his 1997 season, no matter where he raced.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Villeneuve, who as a driver was nothing special and as a human being, nothing but a loud mouth attention seeker.

One time super lucky world champion, Williams F1 car (what Jacques was driving) at that year (usually) was like 1-1,5 seconds faster
than the 2nd fastest car not Williams and 1 second faster than his team mates car ,anyone with his car would of won the title.

For the record, I've always disliked Villeneuve and his antics, but you're really selling him short as a driver. Williams was still a powerhouse during those days and Villeneuve would've never got that seat if he wasn't talented (yes, Frank Williams was notoriously cheap and drove away many talented drivers, Hill for example if they asked for too much money, but he still managed to pick good drivers). After 1997 Villeneuve drove for mid-pack teams at best, he had a couple brilliant races for BAR. I'm not sure how you can expect him to win races with those teams.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
His nasty end with BAR and the miserable stint with Renault that followed made him look pretty bad, but he was faster than Frentzen or Panis, yet slower than Button or Alonso. Broadly on par with Hill, Heidfeld, and Massa. A very good but not great driver.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
I still don't understand what people really wanted from Hamilton there? I think that was a lose lose situation for him.

To me it looked as genuine as it gets. He was happy he won, but at the same time felt bad for Leclerc.

I really have no clue how else he was supposed to act?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017

Villeneuve is an idiot but honestly he's most likely right. It was purely a PR move by Lewis. Remember the Baku interview last season? Because they dkdn't broadcast Lewis consoling Bottas, he was sure to mention it on the podium how nice of a guy he is. Same happened in Sochi and now with Leclerc.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Villeneuve is an idiot but honestly he's most likely right. It was purely a PR move by Lewis. Remember the Baku interview last season? Because they dkdn't broadcast Lewis consoling Bottas, he was sure to mention it on the podium how nice of a guy he is. Same happened in Sochi and now with Leclerc.
Yes - he may actually be right on Lewis....what i'm not sure of is how his words carry any weight. Does he have a role in motorsport...anywhere?

I will tell you that I was on the edge of my seat everytime he took the track in a Williams. Frank loved racers and Jacques was a racer. He made a bad decision with his manager on BAR and never recovered. Other drivers have made bad decisions and never recover. Alonso would be one....Ricciardo may be one....Piquet went to Lotus , recovered some at Benetton but there would be no more titles.

I agree that he's a pretty miserable guy...never has something positive to say about anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad