2019 F1

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Looks like one point for fastest lap (if that driver is in the top ten) will be put in place for next weekend in Australia. Last seen in F1 back in 1959. If the resports are correct, this kind of came about as a result of the extensive fan surveys F1 sends out about what we'd like to see.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
"I reckon Grosjean isn't coming around turn 1"

....he showed them!

By making it all the way to turn 3.

Daniel being the star is obvious. Contract situation. Charming guy...but it seems like a lot of the commentary and talking heads downplays how good Max actually is/was.

Last edited:

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Looks like one point for fastest lap (if that driver is in the top ten) will be put in place for next weekend in Australia. Last seen in F1 back in 1959. If the resports are correct, this kind of came about as a result of the extensive fan surveys F1 sends out about what we'd like to see.
What other items were on these surveys?

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
What other items were on these surveys?
What's NOT on the surveys? :laugh: They send me one or two surveys every week to the point were I do not have time to answer them all. They ask questions about everything related to F1 from TV coverage to racing to website design to advertising to race day experiences.

As far as your question about the fastest lap point, they asked about refueling, standing restarts, extra tire changes, inverted starting grid, revamped points, etc.

It's called F1 Fan Voice if you want to sign up. At least the new people in charge are asking for input unlike the previous regime.

Reactions: Kane One

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Finished the Netflix series today and would strongly recommend it to everybody if you haven't watched it yet.

Only issues I had is Ferrari (predictably) didn't allow the cameras access (nor did Mercedes) so there was no focus on Kimi's win and that would have amazing footage and insight into the behind the scenes fall out.

I also feel it really downplayed Max as a talent and kinda painted him as just an undeserved chosen one.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Finished the Netflix series today and would strongly recommend it to everybody if you haven't watched it yet.

Only issues I had is Ferrari (predictably) didn't allow the cameras access (nor did Mercedes) so there was no focus on Kimi's win and that would have amazing footage and insight into the behind the scenes fall out.

I also feel it really downplayed Max as a talent and kinda painted him as just an undeserved chosen one.
What is Netflix series called?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017

Might have to finally get my free trial.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Might have to finally get my free trial.

Strongly recommended.

It's 10 episodes and they range from 27 minutes to..40 minutes so it's not a huge commitment either. Left me wanting more and definitely got me in the mood for the start of the season.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Doesn't get awarded at all if the fastest lap goes to someone outside the top 10. In other words, if the fastest lap is going to Hamilton, they're going to call Kimi or Giovinazzi in from like P13 a few laps before the end.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Doesn't get awarded at all if the fastest lap goes to someone outside the top 10. In other words, if the fastest lap is going to Hamilton, they're going to call Kimi or Giovinazzi in from like P13 a few laps before the end.
Well that's dumb, they should've done it like in F2 where it goes to the fastest lap among the top10.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Pretty shocked about Charlie's death, especially right before the GP. I can't imagine there are too many officials in any sport more respected, even if they disagreed from time to time, than Charlie. Has to be a big emotional blow to the teams and drivers.

Michael Masi, former deputy, is taking over Charlie's roles. Masi is also taking over as race director for F2 and F3.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Well that's dumb, they should've done it like in F2 where it goes to the fastest lap among the top10.

I agree.

As it's been mentioned I think this is just going to create scenarios where B teams pit late in the race to take a run at stealing the single point from somebody fighting against their A team.

Kyvat gonna set a record 18 Fastest Laps.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
If practice pace is any indication, both Williams cars are going to be a lap down roughly 4 laps into the season.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I won't be watching more Mercedes domination. It's amazing how bad F1 has been competitively for so long and nothing has been done about it. I've been watching Formula E on YouTube- a much better product than F1 with some actual competitive racing and tons of action.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I won't be watching more Mercedes domination. It's amazing how bad F1 has been competitively for so long and nothing has been done about it. I've been watching Formula E on YouTube- a much better product than F1 with some actual competitive racing and tons of action.

To be honest, F1.5 promise to be really competitive. The two Q1 knockouts (Stroll and Sainz) were really close to make it, and that was despite being slowed down by other cars.

Reactions: Paris in Flames

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
If Gasly continues to do poorly, it would complete the Kvyat saga if those two switched seats, again.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
To be honest, F1.5 promise to be really competitive. The two Q1 knockouts (Stroll and Sainz) were really close to make it, and that was despite being slowed down by other cars.

I agree. The midfield stuff should be fantastic. Both Stroll and Sainz probably deserve and had the pace to be in Q2 but really I think the battles are wide open beyond the obvious top 6 (which might not even be 6 if Gasly is gonna stay in the bottom 5 despite a top 3 car)

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
If Gasly continues to do poorly, it would complete the Kvyat saga if those two switched seats, again.

I agree. The midfield stuff should be fantastic. Both Stroll and Sainz probably deserve and had the pace to be in Q2 but really I think the battles are wide open beyond the obvious top 6 (which might not even be 6 if Gasly is gonna stay in the bottom 5 despite a top 3 car)

While it's not certain that Gasly would've made the Top-6, but let's not forget that he only did one "run", and a somewhat early one at that.

But I do indeed expect Gasly to often end up 6th this season, both due to being on the what's probably the worse F1 car (as opposed to F1.5 car) and the worse F1 driver.

Last edited:

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
If I'm reading the timing sheets right, every team not named Williams is quicker in 2019 than 2018 after qualifying. Impressive engineering after the new aero rules.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Q1 was really exciting. Then Mercedes showed how much faster than Ferrari are and now I’m thinking we’re in for another Mercedes championship.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad