2019 F1

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
You know. Considering how big Lewis Hamilton's carbon foot print is - he sure does a lot of preaching on instagram that we have to do better for the environment.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009

formula%20one%20track%20.jpeg

Not so sure about this idea.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
That track is 75% long ass straights...so ..uhh...

Ferrari approves?

The positive story here is the track seems better than the originally planned Miami Grand Prix.

Reactions: chicagoskycam

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
That track is 75% long ass straights...so ..uhh...

Ferrari approves?

The positive story here is the track seems better than the originally planned Miami Grand Prix.

Nothing will be approved if the residents have enough political weight, so any dreams of downtown or similar areas are dead. It's here or not happening from what I gather.

The track has two long ass DRS zones, maybe three. The straights look too long and fast to have overtakes for out braking a car. So I guess there will be minimal overtakes other than DRS. It's a parking lot track basically. Rather go back to Germany if someone can find the money.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
You know. Considering how big Lewis Hamilton's carbon foot print is - he sure does a lot of preaching on instagram that we have to do better for the environment.

Ha, I thought this when I read it. Props to him for sticking up for a cause but it seemed more like a kneejerk reaction based on something else, possibly not winning this weekend. Also, Lewis calling out his team over the very public radio on pitt strategy is bush league.

Last edited:

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Also. Racing Point had filed an official protest against Renault which is being investigated. They put together a 12 page dossier so apparently it's gonna take some time. Buuuut if Renault is guilty then they're in some hot water.

Clearly a disgruntled Hulk has gone mole.

So to simplify they may have put powered brakes on the car? I would love to know how Racing Point figured that out

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I'm kinda surprised Alfa is allowing an Alpha but I suppose at the end of the day it doesn't matter much.

I'm looking forward to more Kimi quotes though.

"I got held up by the Toro Rosso or whatever the f*** they are called..."

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

"Win at Monaco"
"Not winning in Monaco"

"Kimi having the drink"
"Kimi not having the drink"

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Which means Perez gets 4 points despite crashing and not finishing. It's good news for Stroll though. He earned and deserved points but was robbed by the technical issues.

Lance such a good overtaker that he can do it even two weeks after the race ended.

And Carlos Sainz, once booted from Renault, now has more points than both Ricciardo and Hulk put together.

Last edited:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Which means Perez gets 4 points despite crashing and not finishing. It's good news for Stroll though. He earned and deserved points but was robbed by the technical issues.

Lance such a good overtaker that he can do it even two weeks after the race ended.

And Carlos Sainz, once booted from Renault, now has more points than both Ricciardo and Hulk put together.

I thought Stroll issues were his tires were completely done.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I thought Stroll issues were his tires were completely done.

Yeah they were. He commented about it after the race. His tires were essentially dead for the final 10 laps or so. By technical issues I meant the flag waiving early. In reality he finished in the points but not with that whole situation.

I've generally found he's really strong at managing his tires so if he thinks they're dead ...they were real dead.

Last edited:

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Renault won't appeal their DQ. They gave some legal mumbo jumbo as to why, also known as "we are in fact guilty".

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Also looks like Kubica is moving to Haas as a test and simulator driver. Probably a good move for both sides.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Also looks like Kubica is moving to Haas as a test and simulator driver. Probably a good move for both sides.
I thought Kubica would move away from the sport completely after this season. I love the guy but there's no way he can think he could still get a seat, right?

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I thought Kubica would move away from the sport completely after this season. I love the guy but there's no way he can think he could still get a seat, right?

Considering Haas likely passed on Hulk because of his price tag, I don't even think I can say that maybe Haas threw a ton of money at Kubica because he definitely has value in helping develop the car. I don't think he can think he can still find a drive in the future...but....I don't even know. I would have just assumed he'd move on to other things.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

Apparently Pierre Gasly is one of the people dealing with the stomach virus but he did drive in fp3. Would be real interesting because from what I can tell ..I don't think Toro Rosso has a reserve driver in Mexico.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
What was the reasoning a few years back for the rule change that you need to start the race with the set of tires you set the fastest lap with in Q2, if you make Q3? It used to be Q3 tires for the start of the race. Makes no sense to me, just increases the gap between the top teams and midfield.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Weren't there yellow flags out? Max improved his time 5-10 seconds after Valtteri put his car in the wall.

But yeah, Max is not keeping P1 going into the first corner with Ferraris starting 2-3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad