2019 F1

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
2020 test tires almost exclusively for HAM in FP1. Impossible to tell anything because there was such a mix of test tires, test parts, etc. It wasn't a FP as much as a testing session. Even crappy Haas was testing 2020 parts.

Edit: I'm not sure if they are doing the same testing in FP2 or not. FP3 may be the only true "practice" this weekend?

Or......

Rosberg: IS LEWIS HAMILTON AND MERCEDES' REIGN AT THE TOP OVER?!

zGjyEm7.jpg

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Am I missing something about Perez? I know he's starting from the pitlane so he didn't exactly give it his all today but he's been significantly off the pace of even Stroll all weekend.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Bottas wins the race, Lewis wins the title. Everyone's happy. :)

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
And that's the death knell for Hulk you would have to think. What seats AREN'T confirmed?

TEAM
DRIVER
DRIVER
Mercedes
Hamilton
Bottas
Ferrari
Vettel
Leclerc
Red Bull
Verstappen
??? (Likely Albon)
Mclaren
Sainz
Norris
Renault
Ricciardo
Ocon
Racing Point
Perez
Stroll
Alpha Tauri
??? (likely Kyvat)
??? (Likely Gasly)
Alfa Romeo
Kimi
Gio
Haas
Magnussen
Grosjean
Williams
Russell
??? (Likely Latifi)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Unless I missed something, the red question marks aren't confirmed yet...but are essentially confirmed.

Reactions: Preds Partisan

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
It's that time of year again when I feel obligated to inform everyone that Yas Marina being the season finale over Interlagos is a freaking joke.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
It's that time of year again when I feel obligated to inform everyone that Yas Marina being the season finale over Interlagos is a freaking joke.

I used to think that, but with the championship locked up early over recent seasons, I'm fine with Yabba Dabba Marina being last since it's not the greatest track for racing. I like Interlagos not being wasted for the last race when there's nothing to be decided. There's only this year and next at Interlagos anyway, so it seems. RIP.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I will always love Interlagos and that goes way back. It was my favourite track (along with Canada and Spa) when I was younger and even when I moved from a hardcore fan to a casual fan about 5 years ago....it was Max's drive in the rain there that made me fall in love with f1 all over again.

Anyway. Saw a report on reddit yesterday that Hulk's been confirmed to drive the street circuits for Ed Carpenter's team in Indycar next year. The report has since been denied...but when there's smoke?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Quick lobbies in the Codemasters F1 games are always a mess, but the closest battles I've had consistently in every game (apart from the most recent one, which I haven't played yet) have been at Interlagos.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Quick lobbies in the Codemasters F1 games are always a mess, but the closest battles I've had consistently in every game (apart from the most recent one, which I haven't played yet) have been at Interlagos.
I think open lobbies improved a lot when they introduced the safety rating system.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Someone drug test those Haas cars. That's an impossible qualifying result without those cars being on the juice.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
So... Bottas engine was obviously dying...why didn't he pull into the pits instead of going on for another 35 seconds?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Vettel is a little bit late on celebrating the 10 year anniversary of Turkey 2009.

Edit: actually it was 2010, so I guess he was a bit early.

Last edited:

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
He'll get a few next year. So happy for Gasly.

For sure.

But there's just such a great story if both Albon and Gasly could have both ended up in the top 3.

But anyway. Let's get Lewis a time penalty and get Sainz a podium.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
For sure.

But there's just such a great story if both Albon and Gasly could have both ended up in the top 3.

But anyway. Let's get Lewis a time penalty and get Sainz a podium.
I'd like to see Lewis' onboard but that seems like a clear 5 second penalty. Wouldn't be that excited for Sainz getting his first podium after the race though.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I'd like to see Lewis' onboard but that seems like a clear 5 second penalty. Wouldn't be that excited for Sainz getting his first podium after the race though.

Yeah I kept watching the cool down room hoping (even knowing it was in vain) to have a similar situation to Verstappen/Kimi in Austin. Will be a nice result for Sainz if it comes through but definitely not what it should be in terms of excitement and celebration.

Hamilton even said right away that it was his fault. Seems very easy. Should have sent Carlos onto the podium and worry about the technicalities after.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States

Seemed like a racing incident since Albon left a gap that Lewis went for and albon closed too late.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Hockenheim and this one have been hands down the two best races this year and both tracks will be out of the calendar by 2021.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
So Hamilton indeed gets a 5 second penalty, dropping him all the way down to P7. Sainz gets his first podium, and a 4-5 finish for Alfa. Crazy stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->