2019 F1

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
And the best thing is -- I'm not even sure this was Stroll's prettiest overtake. He had a absolutely beautiful overtake of, I think it was Kyvat, that came right as Ricciardo was passing Kyvat.

This one?

His qualifying is terrible. The optics of how he got to F1 and the Racing Point seat are even more terrible.

But I'm becoming more and more convinced that the boy can drive.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
This one?

His qualifying is terrible. The optics of how he got to F1 and the Racing Point seat are even more terrible.

But I'm becoming more and more convinced that the boy can drive.

Okay I didn't even think of this one and it's awesome as well.
The one I thought about is on the highlights on the race and was shown on the intl' feed.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Honda is handing out new ICE's for their drivers, so Max, Gasly and Albon are all taking 5 spot penalties. Kvyat will start at the back. Honda is doing this in preparation for the Japanese GP.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009

Since Renault will only supply their factory team, this isn't good for their long term commitment to F1 if the rumors are true that they are kind of waivering about how long they want to stay.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017

Peroni's incident in Monza and now this. FIA needs to take a hard look in the mirror with these runoff areas they've come up with. It was obvious something like this would eventually happen when half the field takes the escape route into turn 1, just glad no one was hurt on this one.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
This is the Ferrari we all know and love. Sonehow they turn a dominant car into a Mercedes 1-2.

Well, at least Sochi didn't disappoint. First actual snoozefest since Paul Ricard.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I cant even remember the last time I could refer to Lewis Hamilton as "unlucky". Sometime in 2016?

Good showing from Albon though. Feel confident Gasly doesn't have that drive.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Sometimes when I can't sleep at night I think about what Sainz could be doing as Red Bull's second driver.

Also. Just me or are others finding Leclerc less likeable these days? Either way. I can see Vettel and Leclerc as teammates TOO long. This is just a powder keg waiting to go off and gets closer and closer with each week.

Last edited:
Reactions: MXD and Canadienna

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Sometimes when I can't sleep at night I think about what Sainz could be doing as Red Bull's second driver.

Also. Just me or are others finding Leclerc less likeable these days? Either way. I can see Vettel and Leclerc as teammates TOO long. This is just a powder keg waiting to go off and gets closer and closer with each week.

There's a LOT of vitriol thrown at Leclerc, and having seen absolutely ridiculous amount of vitriol thrown at Ocon, I'm ready to qualify the situation as pure French hate that passes as regular F1 commentary.

But sure, a driver that has valid reason to be mad at this team might sound a tad more unlikeable when talking to them.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I cant even remember the last time I could refer to Lewis Hamilton as "unlucky". Sometime in 2016?

Good showing from Albon though. Feel confident Gasly doesn't have that drive.

In Hamilton's case I think we can safely say it's amazing how much "luck" you seem to get when your superior to your competition

The guy is unbelievably good at what he does

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
In Hamilton's case I think we can safely say it's amazing how much "luck" you seem to get when your superior to your competition

The guy is unbelievably good at what he does

Certainly. I don't want to discredit how good a driver he is. He's obviously elite.

And it could definitely be a case of you gotta be good to be lucky but he does seem to have more luck than most.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
I know F1 has put an emphasis on improving camera angles, locations and graphics since Liberty Media took over but why is world feed director getting worse? He's been in charge since May of this year after 20 years with F1 in other capacities, but maybe they should have brought someone in from the outside. It's getting ridiculous. When the drivers are complaing on behalf of their sponsors, you've got a problem.

Reactions: MXD

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Agreed.

We shouldnt have to go to twitter or reddit to see clips of some terrific passes or battles that don't make it to TV.

If there's an epic Max vs Leclerc chase/battle at the front...that's fine...but if there's nothing happening up there maybe show us the insane 4 way battle for points on the final lap etc.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Certainly. I don't want to discredit how good a driver he is. He's obviously elite.

And it could definitely be a case of you gotta be good to be lucky but he does seem to have more luck than most.

Is it luck or just Hamilton and his teams professionalism?

I'm the first person to admit Ferrari are run by donkeys but Mercedes seem to be able to take full advantage of it every single time, there's skill in that

I always thought that if you had the fastest car you would win in the modern era but I was really wrong

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00