2019 draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

geisterpanthers

Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Trade a second and fourth to get a second pick in the first round and get Moritz Seider. Physical dman from the German league

If Seider is still available this would be a huge steal. If Draisaitl is the german Gretzky then Seider is the german Bobby Orr. Superstar potential.

Reactions: PSLguy

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Really ? He’s projected to go mid late round. I’ve read more like a Marc Edward Vlasic stay at home with good defense

He isnt really a top scoring D in Mannheim . I have only seen him play 4 times so I cant give any info about him. Well he will be in the Finals

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
I also read that he is a stay at home dman. Not a big scorer. I saw him projected at around 25

He might be picked around our spot . He has made some huge strides this season . His first professional

I will try to watch them when they are playing in the Finals...I only saw him 4 times during the last series. I turned off two games because it was unwatchable and the other one I was drunk in the arena :D

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
A lot of GM’s take the BPA. he is really outstanding prospect I wouldn’t be upset if they take him he’s a true blue chipper

That's true, definitely the best tendie in the draft. Comparisons to Jonathan Quick no?
I guess by the time he's ready for backup role, we'd be in the 2023-2024 season and Bob should be on his way out and one of Monty/Bednard is a #1a/b.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
That's true, definitely the best tendie in the draft. Comparisons to Jonathan Quick no?
I guess by the time he's ready for backup role, we'd be in the 2023-2024 season and Bob should be on his way out and one of Monty/Bednard is a #1a/b.

As a prospect I’d say he’s better than Quick that’s not to say he’ll have a better professional career. Ultimately I don’t think the brass will take him but I’d bet they take a longggg look at him assuming he’s still there.

geisterpanthers

Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Really ? He’s projected to go mid late round. I’ve read more like a Marc Edward Vlasic stay at home with good defense

I wanted to say that he very well might end up to be the best german defender ever (surpassing guys like ehrhoff and seidenberg). didn't mean they compare in their playing style. he isn't a stay at home defender though that's for sure. has a strong offensive game as well. Only this year, his first year in the German top league at the age of 17 his offensive numbers are down. before he always used to be on point per game pace and better.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006

He's a really highly touted prospect. Picking in the teens is always tough...and picking a goalie in the 1st round is tough too, but if he's there I'd seriously consider it. Having a bonafide #1 franchise goalie can really make a huge difference. I like Monty and Benar, but they're still wildcards at the moment. We won't know what we really have with them for another 2-3 years. Plus if we sign bob, this gives us more flexibility with our goalie prospects. Not that I want to move them, but if we need to

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I wouldn't be upset if we pick Knight, but Tallon has basically said he won't ever pick a goalie in the first round unless we are overflowing with prospects at every position.

Reactions: klabob

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I saw our mock draft on NHL. They have the Panthers taking either Broberg, York, or Knight.

Seeing what everyone thinks about those three.

The more I keep reading and seeing about Knight, I say if he's there take them.

*** also for a late-round idea, I think we should take a look at D Saginaw Spirit Mason Millman. Family Ties, and he's draft-eligible this year. Central scouting midseason rankings had him as 173 North American skaters. I guarantee you he'll be higher with final rankings. I know other teams are interested.

+4 tonight at their second-round gm6 series-clinching 5-0 win against Sault Saint Marie greyhounds

Check him out***

Last edited:

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
*** also for a late-round idea, I think we should take a look at D Saginaw Spirit Mason Millman. Family Ties, and he's draft-eligible this year. Central scouting midseason rankings had him as 173 North American skaters. I guarantee you he'll be higher with final rankings. I know other teams are interested.

+4 tonight at their second-round gm6 series-clinching 5-0 win against Sault Saint Marie greyhounds

Check him out***

Final rankings are in. He moved up from a 173 to 125! :hyper:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Final rankings are in. He moved up from a 173 to 125! :hyper:

So that's early in the 4th round? Not bad at all. We do need more defense, ya never know.

Nice little writeup on your boy here

Among OHL rookie defenseman, the 6-foot-1, 175-pound Millman ranks third in points, third in assists and second in goals
- dated February 2019

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I saw our mock draft on NHL. They have the Panthers taking either Broberg, York, or Knight.

Seeing what everyone thinks about those three.

The more I keep reading and seeing about Knight, I say if he's there take them.

Check him out***
Broberg is one of the best skaters in the draft. SUPER EXPLOSIVE. He can do end to end rushes with ease. However some concerns with the hands not matching the feet yet but he has sky high potential. Little bit of a trip in his own zone as of now and minor concerns about hockey sense, but he’s one of those players if he reaches his potential he will be a top flight D.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
So that's early in the 4th round? Not bad at all. We do need more defense, ya never know.

Nice little writeup on your boy here

- dated February 2019

Saginaw is supposed to lose a lot of older players next year. Millman is slated to be either their number one or two defensemen next year. I think it's a well worth it pick, but I'm biased.

Broberg is one of the best skaters in the draft. SUPER EXPLOSIVE. He can do end to end rushes with ease. However some concerns with the hands not matching the feet yet but he has sky high potential. Little bit of a trip in his own zone as of now and minor concerns about hockey sense, but he’s one of those players if he reaches his potential he will be a top flight D.

To me he sounds a lot like Matheson.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
As expected, Heinola rises in the rankings - NHL Central scouting has him as the 4th best International skater, right behind Soderstrom and ahead of Broberg and Seider.
A bit on the small side and he's supposedly more of an offensive Dman but we do like drafting Finns; wonder if we're looking at him?

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
Have to think Moritz Seider is on their radar:

1) Florida picked German Justin Schütz last year in the sixth round. Means that they have some knowledge in that area.
2) Schütz can help by giving inside information on what kind of team mate Seider is (both played in the same U20 team)
3) Fills a huge need. RHD.
4) Tallon likes his defensemen big. Seider is 6-4. He can play too.
5) Plays already in the men's league. His team is in the finals. The guy is already playing very competitive hockey.
6) Tallon likes character. He's was the German U20 team's captain at 17 years old in the D1A WJC. Seider won the best player in a team award ahead of last year's 1st round pick Dominik Bokk. Also he got the award for the Rookie of the year in the DEL.
7) Tallon has painted himself into a corner already with his picks, and said after last year's draft that they will be looking at D's and goalies after taking so many forwards in previous drafts.

This of course doesn't mean anything, but it would make a lot of sense. And they can always like someone else better, or a team has already picked Seider ahead of Florida.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
As expected, Heinola rises in the rankings - NHL Central scouting has him as the 4th best International skater, right behind Soderstrom and ahead of Broberg and Seider.
A bit on the small side and he's supposedly more of an offensive Dman but we do like drafting Finns; wonder if we're looking at him?
I'd bet we are. By the end of the season, he was unstoppable and scoring at an unprecedented rate and was solid defensively!

Reactions: letsgrowcactus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad