2019 draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyRulez

Panthers hockey since 1993
Nov 11, 2010
The Sunshine State
Panthers won’t get the first, it’s wishful thinking. They’ll take best player available somewhere in the 5-15th pick range. My guess is a defenseman.

Either player you mention though would be fantastic.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Panthers won’t get the first, it’s wishful thinking. They’ll take best player available somewhere in the 5-15th pick range. My guess is a defenseman.

Either player you mention though would be fantastic.

NHL Hockey Standings

Are you sure more of the loseing series would open up atleast Top3 even Top Pick.
When i think back Jets did the same, Pick Laine and going straight into PlayOffs.

I would take Kakko. Center Position we are loaded to the max and another RW or future RW couldnt be wrong. Also when Panthers plan with Heppo a good Linemate for Him, with Borgstrom. A straight Fin Line.

Last edited:
Reactions: danktopshelf

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Bowen Byram.

Sam Cosentino, big CHL analyst for Sportsnet in Canada has him as the top and only defenseman in the top 10 draft prospects, at #6 as of December 2018.
At 15, was Vancouver's best defenseman and is a PPG player in WHL this year.
Sam also praised his game against the bigger, stronger Russians in the Canada-Russia series.

He's 6'1, 195lbs already so he would probably fill out to 6'3, 215-220 lbs.
Strong skating LHD with 2- way game, good gap control and can play physical or chip in offensively.
Sounds like what we want from Matheson. We have Gildon who projects to be more offensive minded and Stillman who is more defensive minded as well on the left side.

Only thing that worries me is with him being the only D in the top 10, feel some team ahead of us may pick him.
Teams like NJD, CHI, LA, OTT and DET need to draft some defense.

Reactions: PanthersHockey1

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Sam Cosentino, big CHL analyst for Sportsnet in Canada has him as the top and only defenseman in the top 10 draft prospects, at #6 as of December 2018.
At 15, was Vancouver's best defenseman and is a PPG player in WHL this year.
Sam also praised his game against the bigger, stronger Russians in the Canada-Russia series.

He's 6'1, 195lbs already so he would probably fill out to 6'3, 215-220 lbs.
Strong skating LHD with 2- way game, good gap control and can play physical or chip in offensively.
Sounds like what we want from Matheson. We have Gildon who projects to be more offensive minded and Stillman who is more defensive minded as well on the left side.

Only thing that worries me is with him being the only D in the top 10, feel some team ahead of us may pick him.
Teams like NJD, CHI, LA, OTT and DET need to draft some defense.
Agreed. We need to make sure we really suck. This draft is so random after 1 and 2. Luck of the draw honestly.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Anyone know of Byram is ready next year? I wouldn’t mind letting him marinate for one extra year if we were to get him of course.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
This team is too talented to bottom out. At some point they will semi figure it out and win 10/15 games to put them right in the middle of no man's land.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Kakko
Hughes
Podkolzin
Cozens
Byram

Those 5 in particular I think are in their own tier, it starts evening out more after that imo. I haven’t scouted tooooo much this season though until recently. Didn’t think I’d have to...

Reactions: danktopshelf

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Kakko
Hughes
Podkolzin
Cozens
Byram

Those 5 in particular I think are in their own tier, it starts evening out more after that imo. I haven’t scouted tooooo much this season though until recently. Didn’t think I’d have to...
I feel the top 8ish all have really good players. Not like super too end #1 but this is relatively a deep top 8.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Bowen Byram.

But you find him more around Top 15, in the most Top10 List only forwards and a Goalie.
Ok i see now Byram get rated pretty High lately. in the Beginning he was around Top 15. Now he appears in near each Top 10 list.

@ThePatientPanther Im not sure if People still grow with 18 usual male stop growing with 18 and sometimes till 20 around 5cm extra but that is not a must.
But maybe Kids in North America grow different then here in EU.

Last edited:

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I’ve seen some rankings with him at 6. Can’t remember which ones exactly but the way he’s playing he’s going around there. He’s jsut been tearing it up.

In the List beginning of the Season he was ranked aorund Top15, current he is around Top10 to Top6.
But Byram looks more like Yandle then like a Bouwmeister or Pientrangelo Player. He may be good, but from his last Physical presence i remember him not NHL ready for next Season.

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
With the 13th overall pick, the Florida Panthers select the wunderkid, German U20 team captain Moritz Seider.

Already picked Schutz last year, so someone is scouting that area. GermanPanther is going to be happy.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
With the 13th overall pick, the Florida Panthers select the wunderkid, German U20 team captain Moritz Seider.

Already picked Schutz last year, so someone is scouting that area. GermanPanther is going to be happy.

Seider current is around 20 or on some Lists out of the 1st Round Picks. But yes he would have much more the Height and Weight i would expect from a stay at Home defensman.
But i would say non outside of Top2-3 is really NHL ready. This would make me insane happy. :)

He was good-great in the U20 Cup and maybe get picked around 20 when he gets lucky.

Jokerit 16

Feb 8, 2018
Finland
We should tank and try get first pick. Biggest need is a few D and goalie.

If we get first pick and pick Jack Hughes then we should trade Bjustad, Reimer, or even Borgström to get a few Good defenceman and goalie+ekstra picks.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

I wouldnt mind Seider. To me he looks like the best Euro defender in the draft. Great all round defenseman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad