2019 draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayX

Mar 7, 2013
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Supposedly the leak was on a Swedish site. Twitter going crazy

Sounds about right. Viasat is a Swedish satellite service, looks like someone capped it from a wildfeed where they were testing the graphics etc.

What a bunch of muppets, using the actual results in a test where they know other people could well be tuned in.

E: lol even dumber, they spat it out on the public web stream. So not even limited to tech nerds who hunt for this stuff.

Last edited:

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
I don't think a guy like Soderstrom will take 5 years to develop, but yes I agree we need to win now and have great players available.

We also need the sustain (success)... No need to sacrifice this pick if it isn't needed, even moreso if it is likely one of the last "high" picks we got...

Manson shouldn't cost that much ! ;)

Still... If it is to go BIG after a BIG defenseman, I'm all for it... I'm not against trading that pick...

Just take the time, and only if it's the right opportunity... I think we can find a way to upgrade greatly our defensemen without giving that much.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
We should be able to get a solid D with this pick if we don't trade it, which I definitely think is on the table right now. Anyway, if we do keep the pick, it won't be immediate help, but still good to restock the D end of the farm. Trading down might also be an option.

Soderstrom, Broberg or York would be fine, but we know Dale likes to go off the board a bit, so who knows.

Really interested to see if we take Kaliyev if he's still on the board as well.

Last edited:

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
NJ wins another lottery
it seems the freaking devils get 1st a lot. chicago BIG winner moving up 10 spots, then the rangers at 2. loser is the avs moving from 1 to 3, but their in the playoffs anyway. to bad we weren't chicago, but maybe an advantage with dale and his connections in chicago can work a trade for something if the hawks choose to play their #4 pick in the nhl immediately.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
i missed the lottery, was at the movies, and just realized chicago was one spot next to us. i said watch, the team right next to us 1pt away will win a top-2 pick. i was wrong....the team next to us 2pt away won a top-3 pick. i wouldnt have wanted to keep it regardless, but the value of that asset wouldve been really nice to have.

three years in a row a team outside of 10th has won a top-3 pick.

WaitingForThatCab

Gas up the Lombo
Mar 11, 2017
i missed the lottery, was at the movies, and just realized chicago was one spot next to us. i said watch, the team right next to us 1pt away will win a top-2 pick. i was wrong....the team next to us 2pt away won a top-3 pick. i wouldnt have wanted to keep it regardless, but the value of that asset wouldve been really nice to have.

three years in a row a team outside of 10th has won a top-3 pick.

Incredibly shocking that the top three picks are New York and Chicago teams.

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Yeah, I know. But New Jersey certainly isn't and they won the 1st overall! Please tell me you're not someone who thinks the lottery is rigged.

Not this one or any recent ones but I wouldn't be surprised if the 80-90s drafts were. NBA included. But I am a bit of conspiracy/free thinker sometimes.

The Mario Lemieux draft year documentary was a good watch and I'm referring to the Patrick Ewing NYK draft for NBA.

WaitingForThatCab

Gas up the Lombo
Mar 11, 2017
Yeah, I know. But New Jersey certainly isn't and they won the 1st overall! Please tell me you're not someone who thinks the lottery is rigged.

Why not? There's money involved and there have been plenty of sports scandals involving fixing over the years. Baseball's had plenty, the NBA got caught red handed with referees fixing games for bettors, etc. I think we all probably agree that the NHL wants its officials to 'manage' games rather than simply call things by the rulebook. We see that on a nightly basis.

Not saying it's rigged, as I don't have enough evidence one way or the other, but to completely discount the possibility is to ignore human nature.

Honestly, I was mostly joking, but I guess I'll start going to bat for the idea now since people out there seem to think that the NHL is an untouchable bastion of integrity.

Last edited:

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Why not? There's money involved and there have been plenty of sports scandals involving fixing over the years. Baseball's had plenty, the NBA got caught red handed with referees fixing games for bettors, etc. I think we all probably agree that the NHL wants its officials to 'manage' games rather than simply call things by the rulebook. We see that on a nightly basis.

Not saying it's rigged, as I don't have enough evidence one way or the other, but to completely discount the possibility is to ignore human nature.

Honestly, I was mostly joking, but I guess I'll start going to bat for the idea now since people out there seem to think that the NHL is an untouchable bastion of integrity.

If you look at the recent drafts (last 10 years for example), I can't see any logical reason why anyone could come to the conclusion that it is rigged.

Why did New Jersey win this year for example? Why does that benefit the league?

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If you look at the recent drafts (last 10 years for example), I can't see any logical reason why anyone could come to the conclusion that it is rigged.

Why did New Jersey win this year for example? Why does that benefit the league?

Dont want to derail the thread but probably not the NHL as much the last 10 years but NBA already had their issues with the ref (Tim Dona something or other) that was caught red handed cheating. I know it's not draft related but watch videos on the Ewing draft, pretty obvious NYK needed him badly.

Then you have people suing the NFL but they act as an entertainment league and not a sports league. NFL is rigged or very much controlled outcomes imo.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I would love a German player on the team. He just turned 18 years
I'd rather Heinola, but it might be because I don't know much about the DEL.
In any case, we are well positioned to get a really good dman. (I'm still salty about not getting Ty Smith last year)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->