2019 draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Not super informed on this draft but really like the Euro D. Any of Soderstrom, Heinola, or Broberg will make me happy. Broberg has sky high potential but is also super risky. Soderstrom I see as a very safe bet to be a top 4 D and Heinola has risk but I can see him being a #2. Broberg could be anything from a #1 to garbage.

Little worried about Soderstrom right now, hes out with a concussion. He was my pick but Seider does have the bigger body for physical play.

Broberg has been very noticeable in the mock drafts but he is a LD no?

Letsgrowcatcus likes Heinola as well. Only 55 days to go til we find out what happens. Can we just fast forward to to late June already?

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Little worried about Soderstrom right now, hes out with a concussion. He was my pick but Seider does have the bigger body for physical play.

Broberg has been very noticeable in the mock drafts but he is a LD no?

Letsgrowcatcus likes Heinola as well. Only 55 days to go til we find out what happens. Can we just fast forward to to late June already?
Yeah I mean concussions suck but I’m pretty sure this is his first. Wouldn’t stop me from drafting him.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
Moritz Seider is named to Team Germany's final World Championship team. Dale Tallon is in the advisory group for Team USA, I believe is travelling with the team and they play in the same group/location as Germany. He should be getting a good look. Only three players from this draft are there: Kakko, Hughes and Seider.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Moritz Seider is named to Team Germany's final World Championship team. Dale Tallon is in the advisory group for Team USA, I believe is travelling with the team and they play in the same group/location as Germany. He should be getting a good look. Only three players from this draft are there: Kakko, Hughes and Seider.
And we’re getting all three :naughty:

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009

I am not sure if this is a good idea. Looks like the D from Germany will be awful ... They left there great goalies at home and rather go with some young ones..

Reactions: PSLguy

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
I am not sure if this is a good idea. Looks like the D from Germany will be awful ... They left there great goalies at home and rather go with some young ones..
Why are you quoting my post? What is not a good idea? Who are Germany leaving at home? Strange post.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Well, let's see if Seider steps up in front of his weak goaltenders. He needs to play a physical game to impress Dale.

I am really interested to see him. Still havent had time to take a look at him when he was playing in the Finals. German TV expert exepcts him to maybe even go Top 10 in the draft

Why are you quoting my post? What is not a good idea? Who are Germany leaving at home? Strange post.

Just saying, , Germany could have taken other options at D. Veteran guys like Seidenberg or so . I expect them to score a lot and give up a lot .. Just like the Panthers

They left Endras/aus den Birken at home. Both of them are the best goalies in the German Hockey league right now and they would have loved to play for Germany. I expect Grubauer to join the team though

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
There are more than 20 people in Britain who can skate? Wow.

Their D looked like they were more ready for rugby.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I know we’re not getting him but Kakko is putting on an absolute show at the WC. Jesusssssssss.

Still not as good a prospect as Barkov and Laine were, but he'll be a good one.

I like Seider but I think it will be Soderstrom, Broberg, or York for us. Soderstrom seems like a better version of Seider, with more exposure playing in a better league. Picking Harley or Heinola at #13 would be pretty ballsy.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Still not as good a prospect as Barkov and Laine were, but he'll be a good one.

I like Seider but I think it will be Soderstrom, Broberg, or York for us. Soderstrom seems like a better version of Seider, with more exposure playing in a better league. Picking Harley or Heinola at #13 would be pretty ballsy.
Oh im not so sure about that. Barkov is debatable. I think he is a better prospect than Laine though. Agreed on your point about the D as well.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Nah. He uses his size well and plays an effective power game, strong skater, but he doesn't have Laine's shot nor does he have Barkov's hands and brains. I don't see him as a future top 10 scoring type player. But no doubt he'll be a very good player for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad