2019 draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Money. The only way we can afford all 3 is if Borgstrom remains a mediocre 3C and Trocheck doesn't bounce back. I'd rather have years of great play instead of being able to keep players that end up being mediocre.

There really isn't anything to suggest we cant keep all three. The cap is going to climb a considerable amount after 2022. Dadonov will be a goner most likely, Hoffman may follow suit. Barkov, Trocheck and Huberdeau will be our core. From there we can sign the other players. Signing your four most important forwards will not be a problem unless they get paid the same as McDavid, Mathews etc.. You are essentially saying we cant have more than three talented forwards which doesn't make any sense

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Draft hat is pretty cool. It has a map of Sunrise under the brim.

Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 01.55.34.png

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Craig buttons mock draft on TSN just had us taking Knight at 13

Saw that too. Button has held that pick for us for a while. 13th is a bit high for me.
But COL would all but surely nab him at 16th if they don't trade up with someone closer to 10th for a forward/defense.

Signing Bob allows us to pick a defenseman imo. Tough call though, I know a lot of posters here would love for one of the top 10 forwards to fall to us. Will be totally shocked if Tallon does call Knight's name Friday night.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Saw that too. Button has held that pick for us for a while. 13th is a bit high for me.
But COL would all but surely nab him at 16th if they don't trade up with someone closer to 10th for a forward/defense.

Signing Bob allows us to pick a defenseman imo. Tough call though, I know a lot of posters here would love for one of the top 10 forwards to fall to us. Will be totally shocked if Tallon does call Knight's name Friday night.
Thursday will be interesting if they call Knight to the f***ing podium.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle

I don't see them taking Knight. Button and these other dinosaur brains base their speculation on the fact that Lou is retiring and we have a need in goal. But at the same time it makes zero sense to draft a goalie for need, these guys take years to be ready. We need a guy right now.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
From the Athletic

1. Florida: Moritz Seider, D, Mannheim-DEL
Seider, Soderstrom and Thomas Harley are the names I’ve heard Florida is in on. Seider seems to be the name trending up the most among teams I’m talking to; he may even go higher than this but I haven’t heard of a specific team attached to him higher than No. 13.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I know not nearly enough about these prospects, but I wouldn't be at all upset if they took Seider. I've heard good things about him. He seems like the type of player that Tallon would like, too.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
From the Athletic

1. Florida: Moritz Seider, D, Mannheim-DEL
Seider, Soderstrom and Thomas Harley are the names I’ve heard Florida is in on. Seider seems to be the name trending up the most among teams I’m talking to; he may even go higher than this but I haven’t heard of a specific team attached to him higher than No. 13.
Sounds good to me.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I feel like it's close enough to the draft where no harm can be done.

My cousin, Mason Millman, has been interviewed by about half the NHL teams, including Florida. He is being told by teams he will be drafted anywhere from the 3rd to 5th round. Some teams are showing more interest than others obviously. I don't want to unveil more information as I'd hate for him to be affected by this.

Here's hoping for the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad