Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumours and Free Agent Discussion Version 10 | Hockey in august , meh not so bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I can't wait until Zadorov and Jost are traded too. Hopefully that means I don't have to scroll through like 100 posts a day complaining about them.

Reactions: Bender

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I can't wait until Zadorov and Jost are traded too. Hopefully that means I don't have to scroll through like 100 posts a day complaining about them.

People still complain about Alexander Kerfoot and Matt Duchene on here so I don't think you'll be getting much of a reprieve there.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
People still complain about Alexander Kerfoot and Matt Duchene on here so I don't think you'll be getting much of a reprieve there.

That's true but at least it went down a bit. I'll take that. I'm not gonna let perfect be the enemy of the good here. :laugh:

Reactions: Pokecheque

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I don't care about consistency. I care about potential. Zadorov has shut down McDavid and played well in the playoffs. High potential. Pay him his $4 million. Graves has shown much less potential.

I also care about physicality. Can this team get even softer? What are the fans paying for?

/rant

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I don't care about consistency. I care about potential. Zadorov has shut down McDavid and played well in the playoffs. High potential. Pay him his $4 million. Graves has shown much less potential.

I also care about physicality. Can this team get even softer? What are the fans paying for?

/rant

He's f***ing 25 years old.

How on Earth is anybody STILL using the word potential to describe Zadorov in any way. Good grief.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
He's f***ing 25 years old.

How on Earth is anybody STILL using the word potential to describe Zadorov in any way. Good grief.

upload_2020-9-9_21-29-36.png

Look at him smirking at you

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Zadorov is awesome when he plays hard and when he is moved up the lineup.

Every time he is asked to replace an injured EJ he excels. He doesn't play well getting 16 minutes a night as a 3rd pairing.

Offer sheet Sergachev
Resign Zadorov
Buy out EJ who just cannot stay healthy.

Sergachev - Makar
Girard - Zadorov
Graves - Cole

Maybe Byram is ready but I doubt it. He could use a year in the AHL. Timmins is done. Touch that guy and he gets a concussion.
Exactly. Zadorov is good like 20 games out of an 82 game season. If he was good on a consistent basis he wouldn’t be getting traded out of here and it’s his own doing really.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Z is just not a good defenseman. He has basically no hockey IQ, and it is hard to be any good without that.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Exception not the rule. I mean come on, if Z was going to realize any of his potential he would’ve done it by now.

There's too many reasons to keep him.
(1) Physical
(2) Locker room presence
(3) Tools (skating and size)/potential

I would not trade him unless he was demanding the moon for his next contract. But we know he's a goner.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

/rant

That's silliness. Jost scored a hat trick against the Bolts in October. He proceeded to score a total of four goals the rest of the regular season. But who cares, right? He was good that one time, it doesn't matter all the other times he was either bad or a non-factor.

Doesn't matter if Zadorov can shut down a single elite player, it doesn't negate the fact that he had stretches where he was completely lost and unable to shut ANY player down, let alone Connor McDavid of Johnny Gaudreau. High potential means nothing if it only shows up for a handful of games.

You should go look at former baseball player Rob Deer--according to your mindset here he's one of the greatest hitters of all time. Just ignore the record-setting strikeouts and look at all those home runs!

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
There's too many reasons to keep him.
(1) Physical
(2) Locker room presence
(3) Tools (skating and size)/potential

I would not trade him unless he was demanding the moon for his next contract. But we know he's a goner.
You can't keep a guy around for potential when he's played almost 400 games. Potential is out the window at this point. For the physical part he's not even physical anymore which makes him more useless than he already can be. I mean do you really want to pay $4.5mil for a guy who is good for 20 games a year? Hard pass.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
And yet he managed to shut down Matthew Tkachuk and Tyler Seguin in the playoffs.

I wouldn't count crushing him and knocking him out as "shutting down" Matthew Tkachuk. If that's the case then Jamie Benn did a good job of "shutting down" Tkachuk this year.

And Seguin has done a fine job of shutting himself down. 7 points in 17 games thus far. Only 8 of them involved Nikita Zadorov's team.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Zadorov is simply too wildly inconsistent and his skill set is way too specialized to warrant a long-term investment. If the Avs honestly thought there was a keeper there, they'd keep him. I expect him to play his way out of the NHL before he's 30, but until then, someone will likely pony up decent $$$ because his physical tools are simply too good for some GMs to ignore.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I wouldn't count crushing him and knocking him out as "shutting down" Matthew Tkachuk. If that's the case then Jamie Benn did a good job of "shutting down" Tkachuk this year.

And Seguin has done a fine job of shutting himself down. 7 points in 17 games thus far. Only 8 of them involved Nikita Zadorov's team.
And a laughable 32 points in 62 games lol.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

I just don't see why we go out of our way not to give credit to Zadorov for stepping up in the playoffs.

Rendering Tkachuk useless after he hit him with a clean hit still counts. Z also spent some time shutting down Gaudreau and Monahan but that was more EJ, and he has the same issue where people didn't want to give him much credit until this years playoffs.

Z has plenty of problems with consistency, and a lack of focus, but he also brings some good things to the table that his detractors have a hard time acknowledging. The commentary is always that he sucks.

Reactions: Bender

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I just don't see why we go out of our way not to give credit to Zadorov for stepping up in the playoffs.

Rendering Tkachuk useless after he hit him with a clean hit still counts. Z also spent some time shutting down Gaudreau and Monahan but that was more EJ, and he has the same issue where people didn't want to give him much credit until this years playoffs.

Z has plenty of problems with consistency, and a lack of focus, but he also brings some good things to the table that his detractors have a hard time acknowledging. The commentary is always that he sucks.

I don’t think that’s true. He is without a doubt the most polarizing player on that roster, the only other guy who comes close is Jost.

To be clear I never said he didn’t step up, I just don’t think either of those are great examples. There are far better ones that display Zadorov’s defensive acumen. The fact remains that he woke up and played better (still not good overall, but better) after completely mailing it in during game two. But that’s my point. For those handfuls of games you see him really take command and play like the defender he can be, there are way too many more where he’s just completely invisible or worse, he’s a liability. If they could keep him around for cheap, fine, but he wants his payday and he’s going to get it. I’m fine with the Avs choosing not to go that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad