Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumours and Free Agent Discussion Version 10 | Hockey in august , meh not so bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Size Queens

giphy.gif

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I continue to see people wanting Ryan Graves in their top-4 and I'm just not down. The more I watched him throughout the course of the season, the less I came away impressed and these playoffs have doubled down on that.

He's Nick Holden 2.0. He's a guy you don't mind on your 3rd pairing and giving him 13-16 minutes per night with PK time, but no more.

I cannot wait until Bowen Byram is on this team and *fingers crossed* Conor Timmins is healthy and able to play in the top-4.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Slight change, but I'm very down.
Actually on second thought, I checked capfriendly and I think we'd have to move Cole to fit Pietrangelo in.

I don't think it makes sense to have Timmins as 7D though and he'd be blocked by Johnson/Makar/Pietrangelo on the right, so perhaps the prudent thing to do would be trade him for someone like Rakell and really stack the roster.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Ideal scenario is getting Pietrangelo, moving on from Graves and Zadorov with potentially moving Cale to LD.

Girard - Pietrangelo
Makar - EJ
Cole - Timmins

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Alex Pietrangelo isn't signing in Colorado, nor do I believe Joe Sakic will pursue him. The defence is going to be built around Makar/Byram/Girard and the vets are EJ/Cole. You fill in the others with spare parts unfortunately because it's impossible to build an unreal defence from 1-6 unless you draft every single one of your guys.

Priority #1 this offseason, though, should be finding a Ryan Graves replacement. Not so much that I want him off the team (though if he asks for anything more than 2.5M I'd let him walk), but he can't be in your top-4. If he is, you'd better have A+ goaltending.

Unless the Avs want to go out and sign Robin Lehner to a long term deal, which I'm not opposed to in the least.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Graves is fine as a #4. One bad game in which absolutely none of our D played well shouldn't invalidate his entire body of good work this season.

This...

And we all know the team’s top left D moving forward will be Bowen Bryam.

Absolutely no reason to sign a player who will be 31 by the time next season starts to a huge $$$ 7 year deal.

Reactions: McMetal

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
In a dream world we somehow unload Graves, Zadorov and Cole for futures. Sign Pietrangelo to a short term deal and then add Timmons, Byram to the mix. I still think its more realistic for Hall to take a short term high $ deal then Pietrangelo. I have a feeling Hall is going to want to go to a contender and change the narrative that he can't win aka the Hossa route.

Last edited:

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
I would rather spend on Pietrangelo than Hall. Especially if we could unload Zadorov and Cole. Shorter term higher cap hit would be the ideal.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I continue to see people wanting Ryan Graves in their top-4 and I'm just not down. The more I watched him throughout the course of the season, the less I came away impressed and these playoffs have doubled down on that.

He's Nick Holden 2.0. He's a guy you don't mind on your 3rd pairing and giving him 13-16 minutes per night with PK time, but no more.

I cannot wait until Bowen Byram is on this team and *fingers crossed* Conor Timmins is healthy and able to play in the top-4.

Graves had a poor start to the AZ, series, but came on in the last couple games. Unfortunately, he was really bad in game one against Dallas.

Ultimately Byram will take his spot, it just comes down to how quickly he develops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad