Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumours and Free Agent Discussion Version 10 | Hockey in august , meh not so bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
One name that no one is talking about is Adam Larsson.

He's #15 on the TSN Trade Bait list...27 yo RHD with one more year at 4.17M.

He'd be a great #4 behind Makar on the right side IMO. He's exactly the kind of dman they should be looking for: he's solid defensively and in his own zone, he can PK on the right side, can eat top 4 minutes...basically he'd become EJ's health insurance.

He sucks offensively but so did EJ this year and when he got hurt it left a giant hole in our defense.

Reactions: Richard88

JH21

Oct 20, 2019

He'd be a great #4 behind Makar on the right side IMO. He's exactly the kind of dman they should be looking for: he's solid defensively and in his own zone, he can PK on the right side, can eat top 4 minutes...basically he'd become EJ's health insurance.

He sucks offensively but so did EJ this year and when he got hurt it left a giant hole in our defense.

Yep. He would pair nicely with Girard allowing Girard to roam around.

Reactions: Balthazar

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I wish there were more LD's available. It seems all the names we bring up are RD's.

Even if EJ and Timmins never play a game again, finding Makar a true top pairing partner should be the priority.

Byram might be able to be that guy one day, but I don't think they can bank on him being that reliable in his rookie year. Bednar doesn't like doing it, but they might have to switch Makar to the left side to address the issue with a RD until Bo is ready.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Tyler Seguin looks like dog**** this year.

Wonder what happened there or if it's just an outlier. 80 in 82 last year, and usually good for anywhere from 70-75 per season.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

Pass on Larsson. If he can't make a simple outlet pass he's not a fit for Bednar's system. If you get 20+ minutes a night, you should have at least 20-30 points just by moving the puck to McDavid or Drai.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I wish there were more LD's available. It seems all the names we bring up are RD's.

Even if EJ and Timmins never play a game again, finding Makar a true top pairing partner should be the priority..

LD's are all over the place and we have plenty of those, that's why we are focussing on RD's. If you're looking for a top pairing defenseman you're not going to find one (and we shouldn't be looking for one at this stage anyway).

Makar was good playing with Ryan Graves this year...it doesn't really matter who he's playing with. Worst case scenario he plays with Girard.

Erik Karlsson's best years were next to friggin' Marc Methot.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Pass on Larsson. If he can't make a simple outlet pass he's not a fit for Bednar's system. If you get 20+ minutes a night, you should have at least 20-30 points just by moving the puck to McDavid or Drai.
We need someone who can prevent a PK disaster when EJ gets injured. I don't give a shit if he doesn't score 30 pts...other players will. He's basically Nemeth deluxe who can play 2nd pairing and won't ice the puck all the time.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
We need someone who can prevent a PK disaster when EJ gets injured. I don't give a shit if he doesn't score 30 pts...other players will.

It's not about scoring points, it's about his overall play. Think of how EJ handles the puck in our D-zone, or Ian Cole trying to move the puck out. Larsson is worse than both of them. It's not about scoring points, it's about being able to make a simple outlet pass for a quick transition.

Larsson can't do that. Unless we get rid of Bednar and completely revamp the system, it's going to have to a bottom pairing defenseman that will fill EJ's role if he gets injured.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Larsson also cant stay healthy and overall hes not that good. Good thing we didnt draft him. Remember when he was supposedly gonna be better than Hedman? Good times.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
LD's are all over the place and we have plenty of those, that's why we are focussing on RD's. If you're looking for a top pairing defenseman you're not going to find one (and we shouldn't be looking for one at this stage anyway).

Makar was good playing with Ryan Graves this year...it doesn't really matter who he's playing with. Worst case scenario he plays with Girard.

Erik Karlsson's best years were next to friggin' Marc Methot.

Have to disagree with the bolded here. Makar will likely start the year as the Avs #1D so that means Graves would be playing on the top pair, and we need to avoid that. We saw Graves struggle in that top pair role in the playoffs.

I know some people want to see the Girard-Makar pairing but so far Bednar and Pratt haven't wanted to go with it full time.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Have to disagree with the bolded here. Makar will likely start the year as the Avs #1D so that means Graves would be playing on the top pair, and we need to avoid that. We saw Graves struggle in that top pair role in the playoffs.

I know some people want to see the Girard-Makar pairing but so far Bednar and Pratt haven't wanted to go with it full time.
We're not going to trade for a real first pairing LHD. It's not happening. It's really, really really hard to find and would be really, really expensive.

More importantly with Byram coming up and Girard being a top 4 LHD already, it's not a priority right now (as opposed to goaltending, RHD and 3C).

Last edited:

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
No thanks to the Graves and Makar pairing. I never wanna see that again. Makar covering for Ryan Graves while Ryan joins the rush and stays in deep. If Graves is to remain on this team he needs to play with someone else and or just be a bottom pairing guy who plays on the second PK unit if you have to.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
No thanks to the Graves and Makar pairing. I never wanna see that again. Makar covering for Ryan Graves while Ryan joins the rush and stays in deep. If Graves is to remain on this team he needs to play with someone else and or just be a bottom pairing guy who plays on the second PK unit if you have to.
The point was Makar can play with anyone and if no one is available then he can play with Girard.

Sakic isn't going to pay through the nose to put a roadblock in front of Byram.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
One thing if you get another starter you have to trade away Grubauer. He won't be a happy camper riding pine.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006

How can Edmonton follow the "Colorado model" by trading with Colorado?

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Larsson would be a great get. But they would want a lot I reckon, and guys who can help right away, which we really don't have, at least not ones we can trade away.

I'm pulling for Vatanen as a UFA and if Anaheim truly commits to the rebuild I'd make inquiries about all of Manson, Rakkell and Gibson. Even though I have no idea why they would trade Gibson unless they plan on breaking our 48 point record.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Larsson would be a great get. But they would want a lot I reckon, and guys who can help right away, which we really don't have, at least not ones we can trade away.

I'm pulling for Vatanen as a UFA and if Anaheim truly commits to the rebuild I'd make inquiries about all of Manson, Rakkell and Gibson. Even though I have no idea why they would trade Gibson unless they plan on breaking our 48 point record.
What do you reckon Larsson's asking price would be?

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
They need a 3C so maybe Compher would be of interest. Their fans also seem positive about Jost too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille