Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumours and Free Agent Discussion Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Goalies are so unpredictable that unless they are the few elite prospects (the Demko/Knight's of the world), they are kind of a crapshoot. Luukkonen, Annunen, Werner, Senn, and Schmid are really all in that same tier to me. Senn is probably my favorite out of the group, and that stems from being huge with freakish athleticism where you hope he can be molded. Werner is probably the most polished with Luukkonen probably having the best probability of succeeding.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Wonder if Dallas would put Oettinger on the table?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think the Avs are positioned fine to get Hall if they want.

I'm not advocating this trade necessarily, but I think they could be in a good position to get Hall with a Zadorov+Newhook+1st offer.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
I feel like ultimately, the biggest piece(s) we’ll give up will be 1-2 of Timmins, Newhook and our 1st rounder. Whether that’s for hall or someone else, idk.

I think Timmins especially will be the sweet spot - very good prospect that isn’t our best and is close to playing in the NHL regularly.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Hockey Guy just posted this...forget the Devils angle and ask yourself if you want this guy long term for big money after watching this.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Snuck over onto the New Jersey board, you know just to see how things were going, and apparently we're going to give up Byram, a first rounder, and another pick for the luxury of loading up with Hall.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Snuck over onto the New Jersey board, you know just to see how things were going, and apparently we're going to give up Byram, a first rounder, and another pick for the luxury of loading up with Hall.
Someone probably read @henchman24 's post on our board.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
I’d take Hall on this team for sure....for 4-5 years max. We all see how bad years 5-8 will look and we can’t afford that handcuff.

I think I’d rather overpay Dadanov at like 3 x $9-10m than pay Hall 8 x $10m+

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
If you’re Hall and you have these two options, which do you choose?

5 years 11M per year. 55M total
7 years 9M per year. 63M total

I take the extra 8M guaranteed money if I’m a guy with that injury history.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
If you’re Hall and you have these two options, which do you choose?

5 years 11M per year. 55M total
7 years 9M per year. 63M total

I take the extra 8M guaranteed money if I’m a guy with that injury history.

But the first option could mean a team like the Avs, who may be contenders for all of those five years, could be able to sign him. Hard to tell since it would extend into the first two years of Nate's next deal.

Then he'd just need to sign a two year deal at $4M per to break even money wise.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
But the first option could mean a team like the Avs, who may be contenders for all of those five years, could afford to sign him.

Then he'd just need to sign a two year deal at $4M per to break even money wise.
He's turning 28 next week, he has an injury history and because of his style and age, his stats are about to decline drastically. He's going to want the longest term possible and rightfully so because it's the last time he can cash on what he did in his prime.

Reactions: obZen

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He's turning 28 next week, he has an injury history and because of his style and age, his performances are about to decline drastically. He's going to want the longest term possible and rightfully so because it's more than likely the last one.

I think that may be the case, but it also may mean only teams that aren't ready to compete could sign him to a big money long term deal.

Hall wants to win now, and the Avs may be the best positioned team to stay competitive for the next 3-5 years.

He may have to chose between going to the highest bidder and the team that gives him the best chance at a Cup. I've always felt a medium term deal could be a good compromise for him.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'll be surprised if Hall doesn't get a 7 years, at least $10M/yr offer from someone. He's the type of elite talent teams would take the risk for.

I have no problem acquiring Hall as a pure rental so I'm not too worried about what will happen when he's 33 years old. Byram is also a complete non-starter in any conversation.

Then Philly jumps in with a 7 year 12m per deal!

This post just reminded me that Philly gave Kevin Hayes $50M.

Last edited:

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Byram is also a complete non-starter in any conversation.

I'd have moved Byram for extended Stone (because I think he'll age well) but even Ottawa didn't get that kind of return.

Byram >>>>> Brannstrom and extended Stone >>>>> extended Hall. So yeah, sorry Devils fans.

Reactions: obZen

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
We won't get help anytime soon because Sakic is probably banking on getting the 1st line back. However, this losing streak is showing that we need help outside of the injuries.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Hall doesn't need to choose between term or yearly salary. He'll get both.

Without over-psychoanalyzing a guy I know very little of beyond what we see in the media, he doesn't seem like a discount kinda guy. My guess is if he gives a discount it'll be like the discount Panarin gave the Rangers (where the team can argue a silly team were willing to go $1M/year higher so this is a steal).

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I don’t think our defense is getting enough hate. It isn’t very good. Makar has his rookie adjustment struggles, EJ isn’t very good, Cole is a #6 at best. Graves shouldn’t be in the league. Zadorov is Zadorov and even Girard who started the season as our undoubtable number 1 has looked like shit for about 6-7 games.

The part that hurts most is that none of these guys can get Mackinnon the puck. I miss Barrie so much. Going from Nemeth to Graves on that PK is a huge downgrade too.

Last edited:

ThatAvsGamer

Feb 21, 2013
Ontario
I’d take Hall on this team for sure....for 4-5 years max. We all see how bad years 5-8 will look and we can’t afford that handcuff.

I think I’d rather overpay Dadanov at like 3 x $9-10m than pay Hall 8 x $10m+
I think that would be ideal. Keep him for Mackinnon's golden contract years.

Reactions: Gatorbait19
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad