Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumours and Free Agent Discussion Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Pageau isn't tweener middle 6 guy as much as an elite #3C. He can spot up in pinches, but for more than a stretch, he's not a guy you want on your 2nd line. What he'd provide the Avs with is a MacK-Kadri-JGP-PEB rotation down the middle that would arguably be the strongest group in the NHL. Each one of those players is an 'elite' level for their role, but each one of Kadri-JGP-PEB are a bit out matched line one line up. Lately PEB has been the #2 or #3 on usage even if he's listed as a #4. Having JGP would allow Bednar to have 3 high end defensive centers who could match up with any line and be okay... allowing a ton of flexibility in their deployment.

IMO with those three down the middle with MacK, I don't think there is a team in the West that could handle that rotation in a 7 game series. Too deep, strong defensively, and varied in attack styles to gameplan around.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

12. Taylor Hall’s agent is scheduled to meet with New Jersey GM Ray Shero during the team’s swing through Western Canada. I think that’s going to be in Calgary.

13. I’m making my prediction: Colorado goes big-game hunting. They are banged up now, but looked dynamite when healthy. And they’ve got plenty of assets.

I like how he put these two back to back. :D

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Give me Palmieri over Hall. I think he fits better in the top-6, and he's cost-controlled for the next couple of years. He'd be fantastic on the 2nd PP, and alongside Kadri on the 2nd line.

twostroke27

Oct 12, 2011
Hall is obviously a prime candidate...but who else would fall into big game hunting?

Avalanche2133

May 16, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
This seems like the Kadri/Barrie rumors from last year all over again.

As in a trade that makes too much sense.

Not sure what Devils need but count me on board of making this happen

Extension in place determins the return obviously.

It would most likely start with our 1st and a top prospect.

twostroke27

Oct 12, 2011
i would guess for extension included it would be a 1st, newhook/byram, compher/jost and a b level prospect

edit: or is that too high or low?

twostroke27

Oct 12, 2011
1st and Zadorov has been mentioned numerous times on main board lately. Both fan bases seem ok with that. That’s price with no extension though.

If that would be all it would take, I'd do that instantly and try to sign him once he gets here.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'd figure Byram would have to be a part of any Hall deal. For Bowers/Timmins/Kaut to have any sort of pull in a deal, New Jersey would really have to love them. Newhook will have to start looking much better as the season goes on to maintain, but even if he does, if they project him as a center it certainly isn't a position of need. If they project him as a wing, they really need a 1st line sort of projection guy more than a 2nd line. On defense they are pretty thin in the pool... basically Smith as a middle pairing guy, Misyul as a bottom 4 with maybe a touch more upside, and Walsh as a solid depth prospect who could break out. Vukojevic is a risky projection, but has tools. There isn't a high end defensive prospect there. Figure any Hall deal starts with getting them that guy, even if they have to take less pieces... ala Stone last year.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'd figure Byram would have to be a part of any Hall deal. For Bowers/Timmins/Kaut to have any sort of pull in a deal, New Jersey would really have to love them. Newhook will have to start looking much better as the season goes on to maintain, but even if he does, if they project him as a center it certainly isn't a position of need. If they project him as a wing, they really need a 1st line sort of projection guy more than a 2nd line. On defense they are pretty thin in the pool... basically Smith as a middle pairing guy, Misyul as a bottom 4 with maybe a touch more upside, and Walsh as a solid depth prospect who could break out. Vukojevic is a risky projection, but has tools. There isn't a high end defensive prospect there. Figure any Hall deal starts with getting them that guy, even if they have to take less pieces... ala Stone last year.
That seems extreme. Brannstrom was the main part of the Stone trade and Stone cane with an extension agreed on. Brannstrom was the 4th-8th vest drafted D prospect out there and the time of the trade while Byram is currently #1. I’m sure the cost will be high but not Byram high.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
The Avs have the firepower and cap space to add a Hall or add two forwards (think Kreider and Zucker).

We’ll see what happens though. I think the team is also thin on defense and couple use a depth RHD.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
That seems extreme. Brannstrom was the main part of the Stone trade and Stone cane with an extension agreed on. Brannstrom was the 4th-8th vest drafted D prospect out there and the time of the trade while Byram is currently #1. I’m sure the cost will be high but not Byram high.

You have to look at New Jersey's needs too though. They don't need a center, they don't need depth forwards or defensemen... they need goaltending (which would be a waste on this deal) and they need a high end defensemen. With Hall, the Avs' 1st winds up in the 20s at least. So that pick isn't likely to net what they need. So they will want a top defensemen prospect out of the Avs. Timmins could play great in the AHL and improve his stock in that sort of trade, but that's not going to make the deal today. So, looking at the pool, you're left with Byram. I know it sounds steep, but when I look at what they Avs can offer and what New Jersey needs, I just don't see anything else they'd pull the trigger on when there is competition that can offer up better picks, and more projectable prospects to their pool.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
You have to look at New Jersey's needs too though. They don't need a center, they don't need depth forwards or defensemen... they need goaltending (which would be a waste on this deal) and they need a high end defensemen. With Hall, the Avs' 1st winds up in the 20s at least. So that pick isn't likely to net what they need. So they will want a top defensemen prospect out of the Avs. Timmins could play great in the AHL and improve his stock in that sort of trade, but that's not going to make the deal today. So, looking at the pool, you're left with Byram. I know it sounds steep, but when I look at what they Avs can offer and what New Jersey needs, I just don't see anything else they'd pull the trigger on when there is competition that can offer up better picks, and more projectable prospects to their pool.
If that's really the only way to make a deal happen, if I'm the Avs I back off from Hall and start asking about Palmieri instead. Or I look to other team, like the Rangers with Kreider, or Anaheim with Kase and Rakell. I'm not willing to give up Byram for a late-20s player on an expiring deal, no matter how good he is.

Avalanche2133

May 16, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
We are all in for the next 5 seasons. Just how big of a game is Friedman thinking?

Let’s swing for a home run!

To Colorado
LW Taylor Hall
RD PK Subban

To New Jersey
2020 1st
2020 2nd
LD Nikita Zadorov
RD Connor Timmins
C/LW Tyson Jost
RW Martin Kaut

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I don't see the Avs realistically trading Byram. But I also don't see the Avs going long term for a Hall contract. If they only offered Panarin four years, I don't see them giving Hall more than four years. Maybe Hall is willing to go shorter term, but I doubt it.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
We are all in for the next 5 seasons. Just how big of a game is Friedman thinking?

Let’s swing for a home run!

To Colorado
LW Taylor Hall
RD PK Subban

To New Jersey
2020 1st
2020 2nd
LD Nikita Zadorov
RD Connor Timmins
C/LW Tyson Jost
RW Martin Kaut

**puke**

Let's not.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I seriously doubt any other team is going to give up a Byram caliber defensive prospect (if there even is one) for Hall to beat out an Avs potential offer. I get that might make or break the Avs available pool for a Hall trade but if Shero refused to do it without Byram that's an easy situation to walk away from for me.

I bet the Avs could put together a competitive package without Byram.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I seriously doubt any other team is going to give up a Byram caliber defensive prospect (if there even is one) for Hall to beat out an Avs potential offer. I get that might make or break the Avs available pool for a Hall trade but if Shero refused to do it without Byram that's an easy situation to walk away from for me.

I bet the Avs could put together a competitive package without Byram.
I agree that no team is likely to put up a better defensemen, but there certainly are teams that will be willing to give up top line wing prospects and better picks. So to beat them out, you have to go to Byram...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->