Rumor: 2019-2020 Trade Rumours and Free Agent Discussion Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If any scouts or GM’s are tuning into Avalanche games to check out Tyson Jost in probably means they come away not wanting Tyson Jost.

Truth... they will go back to the amateur scouts who a pound the table and say "check your f***ing eyes."

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
If we trade Zadorov we better go out and get someone else who can punish :naughty: opposing teams. The last thing we need is making it to playoffs only to watch our stars pull a Calgary due to being assaulted by unskilled goons.

Last edited:

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
Yeah let's trade z. I think the idea of thachuck, evander, and half the golden knights goon squads taking liberties with Girard, makar, hell even Mack will really slow down once he's gone.
Z over graves, Barb, Cole and I would even say ej. For me it's not close

Reactions: Gatorbait19

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
If any scouts or GM’s are tuning into Avalanche games to check out Tyson Jost in probably means they come away not wanting Tyson Jost.

Jost looks like a much better athlete this year (i.e. more explosive skating, more consistent energy), but his hockey sense is just trash. It feels like every shot he takes gets deflected out of play.

On the plus side, he’s now 9/34 in the face off circle, improving to 26.5%...:doh:

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Jost needs to be sent down. Kamenev needs an opportunity after being scratched every game this season.

Hopefully, Jost is just in so he can be showcased to a potential trade partner.
Of course, he's pretty much killed any chance of anyone wanting to trade anything of any value for him.
Even Kerfoot put on better displays.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Jost looks like a much better athlete this year (i.e. more explosive skating, more consistent energy), but his hockey sense is just trash. It feels like every shot he takes gets deflected out of play.

On the plus side, he’s now 9/34 in the face off circle, improving to 26.5%...:doh:

I can see this too. It would be a mistake to trade him IMO, unless its for a big piece.

Reactions: shadow1

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don't think its erroneous to say it's likely going to stay that way. However, it's obvious who the better player at the collegiate level was.

That may end up being the case, but it's not a fair comparison to make right now. Jost is still two years younger than Kerfoot was as a rookie with the Avalanche.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't think its erroneous to say it's likely going to stay that way. However, it's obvious who the better player at the collegiate level was.
Hard to say, but you could be right. Kerfoot is a complimentary middle 6 guy and Jost is a complimentary bottom 6 guy. Jost has to improve and show a lot more versatility to be better than Kerfoot.

I get people have different standards and see things differently, but I simply don’t see any skating improvement with Jost. He’s not a terrible skater, he’s average and at his size he needs to be a lot better that that. I think people hear the complaints and expect him to be David Koci bad, but he’s just average.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
That may end up being the case, but it's not a fair comparison to make right now. Jost is still two years younger than Kerfoot was as a rookie with the Avalanche.

Enough of this. We know what Jost's shortcomings are and we know he hasn't displayed anything to truly suggest he's going to overcome them. We are talking about Year Three and there's been virtually no sustained progress whatsoever. People can slag Kerf all they want but he has one thing Jost doesn't--skating ability.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Hard to say, but you could be right. Kerfoot is a complimentary middle 6 guy and Jost is a complimentary bottom 6 guy. Jost has to improve and show a lot more versatility to be better than Kerfoot.

I get people have different standards and see things differently, but I simply don’t see any skating improvement with Jost. He’s not a terrible skater, he’s average and at his size he needs to be a lot better that that. I think people hear the complaints and expect him to be David Koci bad, but he’s just average.

And it's not just speed, it's strength on his skates and it's also maneuverability that Jost lacks, that's yet another reason he's absolutely worthless battling for the puck along the boards. Even Steven frickin' Reinprecht (who I thought was a reasonably good NHL center but atrocious as a winger) was worlds better than Jost.

Reactions: Hornstar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad