Speculation: 2019-2020 Sharks Roster Discussion Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
How the hell is possible that Bergmann and Yurtaykin are extras in today's practice! Goodrow in top 6 and Gambrell still in the lineup. What is wrong with PDB.

Easy. Because those two aren't actually doing much on the whole of it. They aren't screwing up as badly as others so I get that part of it but they aren't standing out and showing they belong yet in the lineup because what they've done hasn't led to anything of merit. Goodrow in there is just playing favorites. Gambrell I think is still just for showcase purposes but if he actually worked out for them, they'd be happy with that too. The fact that he was already benched shows they know and see he isn't getting the job done yet. I'd still put Bergmann and Yurtaykin in over either of them but they aren't good yet either.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California

How the hell is possible that Bergmann and Yurtaykin are extras in today's practice! Goodrow in top 6 and Gambrell still in the lineup. What is wrong with PDB.

jesus christ. okay, I've been a defender of PDB but I don't understand this Goodrow decision. What? What? I actually like the 3rd and 4th lines, but Yurtaykin or Bergmann are 134901839018 times better than Goodrow.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose

51M5P5KSJSL._SX308_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007

I think the Radil has actually been the worst forward thus far, but I didn't watch the game against the Ducks particularly closely.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
Top 6 Goodrow.

I'm not sure if that's a bigger mark against PDB or Wilson at this point. What the actual f*** is going on with this team?

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I go with DW having it be a bigger mark than PDB. He picked the coach too so he gets that plus the personnel choices fall to him.
I think so too. PDB did better with loaded rosters over the last 2 years but still underachieved. It is on DW for not recognizing the limitations of PDB. Basically, PDB is trying to fit square pegs in round holes. DW sees that and took away some of the round pegs that PDB had and gave him some new triangle pegs.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
One of the big problem with our lineup is that Karlsson, Goodrow, Radil, and Gambrell are borderline replacement level players. It's pretty apparent any time they're higher in the lineup.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I think so too. PDB did better with loaded rosters over the last 2 years but still underachieved. It is on DW for not recognizing the limitations of PDB. Basically, PDB is trying to fit square pegs in round holes. DW sees that and took away some of the round pegs that PDB had and gave him some new triangle pegs.
If a player plays well on the 4th line they will play even better playing with 1st liners. -Pete deboer

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
To be honest. If we would miss the playoffs, it should be automatically PDB fired at that point. But we wont miss.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
One of the big problem with our lineup is that Karlsson, Goodrow, Radil, and Gambrell are borderline replacement level players. It's pretty apparent any time they're higher in the lineup.

I’m honestly quite confident that Melker is below replacement level at this point.

Top 6 Goodrow.

I'm not sure if that's a bigger mark against PDB or Wilson at this point. What the actual **** is going on with this team?

Probably Wilson. Given the other options we have available I don’t think that Goodrow in the position they’ve got him in is all that bad of a decision even if I don’t think it’s the right one.

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
Easy. Because those two aren't actually doing much on the whole of it. They aren't screwing up as badly as others so I get that part of it but they aren't standing out and showing they belong yet in the lineup because what they've done hasn't led to anything of merit. Goodrow in there is just playing favorites. Gambrell I think is still just for showcase purposes but if he actually worked out for them, they'd be happy with that too. The fact that he was already benched shows they know and see he isn't getting the job done yet. I'd still put Bergmann and Yurtaykin in over either of them but they aren't good yet either.

Labanc doesn't deserve top line minutes. He has been one of the worst players this season. I'll say it again. Can't trust DeBoer with our youngsters. No reward for playing well at all.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Labanc doesn't deserve top line minutes. He has been one of the worst players this season. I'll say it again. Can't trust DeBoer with our youngsters. No reward for playing well at all.

I agree Labanc doesn't deserve top line minutes but after the top four forwards, there's nobody that is deserving of it. He is literally the next best option based on his past and is currently failing miserably with it. And of the kids, nobody has deserved those top line minutes either. I get that some are better than others but none of them are top line level. None of them are playing like Couture when he started getting NHL action or like Hertl when he started. No one is a standout and a consistent positive. I definitely agree that the answer is not to put Goodrow and Gambrell there but their spot wasn't and isn't secure based on their play in the first three games.

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
I wonder if we are going to have to resort to just loading the top line to get any meaningful scoring opportunities and hope the rest of the lines can just hold even.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Another game, another new set of wingers for Hertl.

I get that the rookies haven’t played well yet, but maybe as a coach, don’t constantly change lines so that some semblance of chemistry can get built up.

Thank goodness I already expected very little from the team this year with Deboer still around, or I’d be pissed off with him. As of now I’m glad he’s being a dumbass because hopefully it’ll get him fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad