Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
1hUUFbRLGWSdmsVtrQG9Wlw-640x427.png

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Hey guys, German Pens fan coming in peace. What is your opinion on Lean Bergmann so far? Was happily suprised that he made the big club out of training camp in his first year. Is he likely to stay up and how do you guys view his potential?

Hope you guys are going to have a great year and enjoy hockey season!

Reactions: Sandisfan

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Hey guys, German Pens fan coming in peace. What is your opinion on Lean Bergmann so far? Was happily suprised that he made the big club out of training camp in his first year. Is he likely to stay up and how do you guys view his potential?

I really like his game. He will for sure stick if he keeps playing like this. I see him as a solid middle sixer if he can hone his raw energy into something

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011

Im a fan of his, has a very direct, straight lines game, with the speed to make it work.

He might not stay up though if the scoring does not start to come, however no one is scoring right now, and he is noticeable most of the time, so I think he will stay up for now.

Reactions: Nick O and Daeni10

boredatwork

Oct 7, 2013
Interesting first few games. Just a few thoughts.

The concerning

Meier is not controlling the boards. Hertl isn't really either, but he's got no support.

Gambrell's game does not look like its going to translate. He's way too passive. His game grew a lot in the AHL last year just not enough.

Right now LeBanc does not look anywhere near close to a top 6 forward. His decision making is still too slow.

Dillon looks like a bottom pairing defenseman at best.

Bergman has had nice moments. Still think he's more of a Mike Brown than an effective player at this point though.

I will wait to see if the system adjusted before I start calling for DeBoer's head as I don't think anyone is even playing a system right now.

Simek is excellent at shutting down entries and mediocre at everything else. He's no savior.

I always thought of this year as a transition year. While I don't want to lose a top pick for nothing (if the season gets to that point), I make the Karlsson trade every time and I understand management's strategy. I support the idea of retooling and trying to win in order to avoid what Detroit has become. It is frustrating though.

The hope

Ferraro and Yurkaytin both look promising.

The schedule to start the year sucked.

Lot of new parts to integrate too.

Karlsson looks good.

Team's gotten better with each game. Still nowhere near good enough.

Barracuda

I see some calling for DeSimone. He might help with the puck-movement through the neutral zone, but he will make the defensive issues worse.

Huge True fan. Gambrell, I thought, outplayed him in the preseason, which is not a good sign.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Not to belabor the point, but is anyone still convinced that our forward core is good? Because I feel like a lot of people around here were telling me I was out of line for claiming it was bad.

Reactions: LA Shark

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Not to belabor the point, but is anyone still convinced that our forward core is good? Because I feel like a lot of people around here were telling me I was out of line for claiming it was bad.

How many players do you need to have a core? Hertl, Meier, Couture are very good players. Kane can be good but is way too inconsistent. Labanc has, unfortunately, proven me right early this season about him not being good in a top-6 role. But the talent is there for him to turn it around.

Long term, we need to figure out a way to sign a legit top-6 agent or miss the playoffs for a few years to get real talent on this team.

Jul 10, 2010
i cant believe anyone thought it was anything better than "average" even with Kane, and very top heavy at that. People who pointed out concerns with Labanc not being a true top 6 fwd were either dismissed or ignored. People just plugged in the ch-twins, and assumed their production would come.

really think we need not one but two middle 6 wingers.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Thats actually really possible and I hope it happens. Give him a shot cause why not

Yeah. Him going back to Europe was weird to me because there were multiple top-9 spots available on our team. But I do believe that was more to with his own confidence than anything. Now, with his hot start in Europe, maybe he is in a state of mind where he could step into the NHL right away. I guess we may find out soon.

Reactions: themelkman

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
i cant believe anyone thought it was anything better than "average" even with Kane, and very top heavy at that. People who pointed out concerns with Labanc not being a true top 6 fwd were either dismissed or ignored. People just plugged in the ch-twins, and assumed their production would come.

really think we need not one but two middle 6 wingers.
You have earned your right to gloat.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
We are now the Ottawa Senators. We have Erik Karlsson, we suck and we dont own our own first round pick

I know you are being facetious but our ownership and GM are a lot better than Ottawa. I think if DW decides to take a chance and replace our coaching, we can be a lot more competitive on a daily basis. Right now, we are just depending on the talent/skill to carry us.

Crewouse

Mar 30, 2016
Not sure how reliable this site is but looks like the Sharks may recall Dahlen

NHL Rumors: Jonathan Dahlen, Alex Pietrangelo, Patrick Marleau, and Josh Ho-Sang - MyNHLTradeRumors.com

I'm assuming this is the Dahlén article. It doesn't really mention that the Sharks are looking to recall him, Shin Larsson just confirms that they can recall him since he's signed to an NHL contract. He mentions that he has watched 3 of his games, Dahlén dominated in all of them and that he's a long term prospect. They want him to gain confidence and whatever else he needs to take the next step

Reactions: JBeast

Pistol Pete

Dec 17, 2007
A new coaching staff that implements a system based off of the strengths of the current core would go a long way imo.

A top 6 RW, a decent 3rd line center, and a decent veteran backup would also help. To fit those pieces into the current cap situation would require players like Melker, Dell, Sorensen, and potentially Dillon to go back the other way, with some salary retention coming into play as well.

Maybe the Sharks will be this year’s Blues or 2016 Penguins. Under performing team with a talented core that becomes revitalized with a coaching change and the emergence of a goalie prospect that no one saw coming. :help:

Reactions: Sandisfan

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
It’s hard for me to say we have a bad forward group where our good players look like garbage too. Obviously something is happening, a lack of confidence, a confusion about the system, I don’t know. Right now, the problem with our team is everything: bad passes, bad shots, bad decision-making, inability to perform basic hockey player maneuvers (receiving a pass!). While obviously a top 6 RW would be hugely helpful right now, I don’t think the way this team is playing currently is indicative of how this team, with this personnel, can play.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
It’s hard for me to say we have a bad forward group where our good players look like garbage too. Obviously something is happening, a lack of confidence, a confusion about the system, I don’t know. Right now, the problem with our team is everything: bad passes, bad shots, bad decision-making, inability to perform basic hockey player maneuvers (receiving a pass!). While obviously a top 6 RW would be hugely helpful right now, I don’t think the way this team is playing currently is indicative of how this team, with this personnel, can play.
Thats kind of where I am at too. Sure, we don't have the league's top-forwards like Kucherov, Crosby. MacKinnon, McDavid, etc. but our top-3 is pretty good. Unfortunately, there is a gap after that because our #4 and #5 F are Kane and Labanc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->