Line Combos: 2019/2020 Lineup

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
From what I've seen of Brown thus far, he will be in tough to make the Sens. Might be the first call-up but Batherson, Veroneau have him beat for spots. With the rest of the one way contracts, he's on the sidelines.
Veronneau has an absolute NHL shot...not sure about the rest yet

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Veronneau has an absolute NHL shot...not sure about the rest yet
And NHL speed. But ya not sure about the rest of his game, i need to see more. He's looked good so far this season. He might make the team and i didnt think he would.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Veronneau will be best served going to the AHL and playing a full year down there. I mean he just came from College hockey.

He should produce playing on the top line with Logan Brown.
True. But he will be 24 in 3 months. Coming out of college is obviously a lot different then coming out of junior. AHL time obviously wouldn't hurt though.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Why not balance the lines and roll 4 lines. Why have a traditional 6-7 minute 4th line with this team. I don't think we have a 1st line really. We do not have any bona fide 1st line players. Put Chlapik on the roster. Let him play with Pageau and Connor Brown for example .. Let Brown play with Tierney and Ryan. Have your PKers and PP roles and Just roll the lines 5 on 5. This would alleviate the I concern about .. young players playing 4th line minutes.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Why not balance the lines and roll 4 lines. Why have a traditional 6-7 minute 4th line with this team. I don't think we have a 1st line really. We do not have any bona fide 1st line players. Put Chlapik on the roster. Let him play with Pageau and Connor Brown for example .. Let Brown play with Tierney and Ryan. Have your PKers and PP roles and Just roll the lines 5 on 5. This would alleviate the I concern about .. young players playing 4th line minutes.

Agreed. This roster can't absorb a one dimensional 4th liner. The scoring will have to come by committee, which means 4 balanced lined.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Tkachuk-White-Batherson
Duclair-Pageau-C.Brown
Ennis-Anisimov-Ryan
Brown-Tierney-Boedker
Chlapik
Injured: Balcers

Chabot-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-DeMelo
Hainsey-Jaros
Boro
Injured: Wolanin

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
So Belleville released their jersey numbers for training camp yesterday. It's worth noting that training camps aren't over, and they said that they'd release a final list next week. So obviously changes can be made.

Big news, JC Beaudin is wearing number 17. Brannstrom's number from Belleville....

26 is available so I guess he could wear that, but with Wolanin out until around the TDL where he'll replace at least 1 defenseman is getting dealt (Hainsey/Demelo/Boro), he's got a spot.

He's gonna be in Ottawa for the whole damn year. :popcorn:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I liked Abramov to make this team,another little ball of hate with some skill...Too bad he is hurt

WaitingInVain

Jul 5, 2012
Tkachuk-White-C.Brown
Duclair-Pageau-Batherson
Ennis-Anisimov-Ryan
Chlapik-Tierney-Boedker
Sabourin

Chabot-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Hainsey
Boro-DeMelo
Goboulef

Anderson
Nilsson

Looking at this for a minute, I see bottom 5 guaranteed. Hard to see anything more.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Tkachuk-White-C.Brown
Duclair-Pageau-Batherson
Ennis-Anisimov-Ryan
Chlapik-Tierney-Boedker
Sabourin

Chabot-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Hainsey
Boro-DeMelo
Goboulef

Anderson
Nilsson

Looking at this for a minute, I see bottom 5 guaranteed. Hard to see anything more.

It’s time to place a large order at Brewer’s Retail and then to top that up with the harder stuff at LCBO.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I have. He’s the biggest reason for even our smallest successes over the past decade.

I’d agree, and add that he was the most underrated goalie in the nhl in his time in Ottawa. From the moment he was acquired until the end of the run in 2017, he was likely a top 8-10 goalie and he never really got the respect he deserved.

That being said, it has nothing to do with this season. In the past 2 seasons, he’s played over 100 games and played at about a 0.900 level in that time. That’s tankin tendin baby

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Tkachuk - White- Brown
Duclair - Anisimov - Batherson
Ennis - Tierney - Ryan
Chaplik - Pageau- Sabourin

Chabot - Zaitsev
Brannstrom - Hainsey
Bozo - DeMelo

Nilsson
Andy

I like this set up. My only change would be Tierney and Anisimov as I think Tierny being a little faster would benefit Duclair. Anisimov does have some good hands and vision though so he could compliment those two as well. I think C. Brown is a good player, not great but not as bad as people on here have claimed. Ideally though I would drop him down in the line-up and on paper you would expect the following:

Tkachuk-White-Batherson
Duclair- Tierny- Ryan
Chlapik- Anisimov- Brown
Ennis- Pageau- Sabourin

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Ducks fan here, I'm just curious, what do Sens fans think of Bobby Ryan as a player? I liked him a lot when he was a Duck, but most of what I've read recently about him has just been about his contract being awful. How do you guys feel about him as a player?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad