Line Combos: 2019/2020 Lineup

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
Do you guys see Colin White as a center or a winger going forward? It looks like DJ is trying him and Logan out on the wing and I don't know how I feel about it.

I guess if Norris keeps developing he could ideally play 2C, but I thought White was supposed to develop into a defensively responsible center that can chip in 40-50pts

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Do you guys see Colin White as a center or a winger going forward? It looks like DJ is trying him and Logan out on the wing and I don't know how I feel about it.

I guess if Norris keeps developing he could ideally play 2C, but I thought White was supposed to develop into a defensively responsible center that can chip in 40-50pts

Center, and continuing to try to shoehorn him in a winger so that we can play guys like Anisimov and Beaudin at center is one of my biggest gripes with DJ Smith.

Reactions: aragorn and Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Both Colin White and Logan Brown will have to improve their performance to become long term NHL players at any position. Neither has proven they will be at this time but I hope they will. Both seem to lack high end speed which might indicate “wing” being more likely but it is early days.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Both Colin White and Logan Brown will have to improve their performance to become long term NHL players at any position. Neither has proven they will be at this time but I hope they will. Both seem to lack high end speed which might indicate “wing” being more likely but it is early days.

White is fast enough to play C. He needs to get physically stronger and improve his puck skills to play up the lineup.
Right now if you could give Brown's vision and hands to White. He'd be close to our #1C and would still get better.
Its been blatantly obvious White has struggled. Hopefully he can shake that off.

We should be patient with both of them but probably more so with Brown. He needs the reps and he needs to play with better players... Its really hard to find the right mix on this team, while putting lines together that help the team be competitive. Brown in between Paul and Duclair might be interesting. Brown is never going to blow the doors off. He will figure out more where to be to be more effective more often.

Reactions: aragorn

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

They moved a D when they acquired Namesnikov.. They moved Rodewald supposedly due to contract numbers.
Maybe Sabourin can play D

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

barely got a sniff in the 3rd.
I would rather see him playing, working on his game, having fun and helping Belleville add points in the standings. They gave him a look. Obviously he can't play like Connor Brown or JG Pageau so...

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Chabot left practice early. Hopefully nothing too serious... He's been playing a lot of hockey

Last edited:

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I'm been musing in other threads about the Sens being able to ship out the FA's, while still leaving the core kids in Belleville for a playoff run. This is more of an exercise for myself than anything else, but is interesting enough that it's worth sharing, imo.

OUT: Pageau, Namestnikov, Ennis, Hainsey, Demelo, Anderson?

Tkachuk - White - Duclair
Paul - Tierney - C.Brown
Boedker - Anisimov - Sabourin
Verroneau - Beaudin - Klimchuk/Plug

Chabot - Borowiecki
Wolanin - Goloubef
Englund - Reilly

Nilsson
Hogberg
Anderson?

Balcers - Brown - Batherson
Formenton - Norris - Carcone
Abramov - Chlapik - Davidsson
Labate - Kelly - Klimchuk/Clapperton

Brann - Labrie
Lajoie - Jaros
Murray/Aspirot/Corrado

Daccord
Gustavsson

It's stretched pretty thin, and doesn't really leave enough depth to cover for injuries, but I figure we'd be taking back a few bodies if we manage to deal those six guys out, which can cover off for the lack of depth. Essentially, if I were PD, my goal would be to leave the top-nine/top-four/top-two in Belleville untouched. Those are the future core players, and the ones that stand to gain the most from an extended Calder Cup run. The NHL roster is ugly, but that's by design in this case. Allows the team to play high intensity games without running the risk of racking up too many wins.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'm been musing in other threads about the Sens being able to ship out the FA's, while still leaving the core kids in Belleville for a playoff run. This is more of an exercise for myself than anything else, but is interesting enough that it's worth sharing, imo.

OUT: Pageau, Namestnikov, Ennis, Hainsey, Demelo, Anderson?

Tkachuk - White - Duclair
Paul - Tierney - C.Brown
Boedker - Anisimov - Sabourin
Verroneau - Beaudin - Klimchuk/Plug

Chabot - Borowiecki
Wolanin - Goloubef
Englund - Reilly

Nilsson
Hogberg
Anderson?

Balcers - Brown - Batherson
Formenton - Norris - Carcone
Abramov - Chlapik - Davidsson
Labate - Kelly - Klimchuk/Clapperton

Brann - Labrie
Lajoie - Jaros
Murray/Aspirot/Corrado

Daccord
Gustavsson

It's stretched pretty thin, and doesn't really leave enough depth to cover for injuries, but I figure we'd be taking back a few bodies if we manage to deal those six guys out, which can cover off for the lack of depth. Essentially, if I were PD, my goal would be to leave the top-nine/top-four/top-two in Belleville untouched. Those are the future core players, and the ones that stand to gain the most from an extended Calder Cup run. The NHL roster is ugly, but that's by design in this case. Allows the team to play high intensity games without running the risk of racking up too many wins.

I might let Wolanin finish in Belleville , and bring one of the other guys up (like Murray)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad