Line Combos: 2019/2020 Lineup

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I just think these guys will want the vets in the lineup. I agree on having Wolanin in the top 4 and I would most definitely would be making Boro a 7.. but I will believe it when I see it.

I agree with you that the Senators GM and coaching staff want vets on the roster, given their trades and signings of Zaitsev, C. Brown, Ennis, Anisimov & Hainsey. I don’t think that group will change the results much, meaning that the Senators will probably still finish in the bottom 5 teams in the league.

Tanking to get some top prospects is the only thing that gives me some hope that the longer term future might include a SC contending team at some point. Otherwise I expect a playoff bubble type team as opposed to FYOUS.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
We're absolutely on the same page here. Whether or not the organization is is another story.

What I'd like to see:

Chabot - Zaitsev/DD
Wolanin - DD/Zaitsev
Hainsey - Jaros
Boro

What I think we'll see (at least to start)

Chabot - Zaitsev
Wolanin - Hainsey
Boro - Demelo
Jaros

I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Given the state of the forwards, I suspect that the team will be playing in its own zone a higher percentage of the ice time leading to more shots and goals against. That will lead to rotating Defensemen as the coaching staff try to find combos to cut down the goals against.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Lines from today to my knowledge were:

Tkachuk White Brown

Duclair Pageau Batherson

Ennis Anisimov Ryan

Balcers Tierney Boedker

Paul Brown Verroneau

Chabot Zaitsev

Hainsey Brannstrom

Boro DeMelo

Lajoie Jaros

EDIT: Boedker was not on the ice.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJB

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I'm sure Brown, Ennis, Zaitsev and Hainsey are much better than Boucher's equivalent of these guys (Pyatt, Didomenico, ect) but to see these guys projected to be in our top-six/top-four is still pretty disheartening. Doesn't give me great vibes based on the teams play the last 2 seasons where the coaching staff overplayed their favourites.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton

Tkachuk White Brown

Duclair Pageau Batherson

Ennis Anisimov Ryan

Balcers Tierney Boedker

Paul Brown Verroneau

Chabot Zaitsev

Hainsey Brannstrom

Boro DeMelo

Lajoie Jaros

This dude is like a Flu that you can't seem to get rid of..

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
I'm sure Brown, Ennis, Zaitsev and Hainsey are much better than Boucher's equivalent of these guys (Pyatt, Didomenico, ect) but to see these guys projected to be in our top-six/top-four is still pretty disheartening. Doesn't give me great vibes based on the teams play the last 2 seasons where the coaching staff overplayed their favourites.

Half of them will likely be gone by spring though. I like the idea of Brown tbh. Two-way scoring pest.

Reactions: Cosmix

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016

I feel you, but I think Brown is an exception. He's proven to be an impact player, and I think he could play an important role as a third liner on a strong team and a second liner on a mediocre team. Ennis is skilled, and can show flashes. Can't do much but hope for the best with the other two.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
After the scrimmage and the 3 practice i see today. If i m the coach this is my Line up. Tkachuk-White-C.Brown
Duclair-L.Brown-Batherson
Balcers -Pageau-Abramov
Paul-Anisimov-Ryan

Chabot-Zaitzev
Brann-Hainsey
Lajoie-Demelo

Soogard
Daccord
But Anderson and Nilsson was good to

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
To start the yr - they need to play a number of players to increase their trade value leading up to the trade deadline in roles where they can succeed.

Tkachuk - White - C. Brown
Ennis - Anisimov - Ryan
Duclair - Pageau - Batherson
Paul - Tierny - Veronneau/Boedker

Chabot - Zaitsev
Lajoie - DeMello
Boroweicki - Hainsey/Jaros

Anderson - Nilsson/Hogberg

After the trade deadline - I expect they will give a number of their better players in Belleville some games in Ottawa to end the yr depending on where Belleville is in the playoff race. They could bring up their older AHL vets to give them some NHL exposure while the better younger players continue to play for the playoff drive in Belleville.

Tkachuk - White - C. Brown
Duclair - Anisimov - Ryan
Formenton - Brown - Batherson
Paul - Tierny - Veronneau/Boedker
- Boedker - I doubt anyone will trade for Boedker, he'll walk at the end of the yr

Chabot - Zaitsev
Lajoie - Jaros
Wolanin - Goloubef/Brannstrom

Nilsson - Hogberg/Gustavsson

Last edited:

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
I've been thinking, I'd actually prefer Logan Brown in the NHL this year as much as possible, so it might make sense to move White to the wing. A line of Tkachuk-Anisimov-White would be the best overall offensive threat we could put together. Anisimov has always sucked on draws, so White could take half, depending on right or left side.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I've been thinking, I'd actually prefer Logan Brown in the NHL this year as much as possible, so it might make sense to move White to the wing. A line of Tkachuk-Anisimov-White would be the best overall offensive threat we could put together. Anisimov has always sucked on draws, so White could take half, depending on right or left side.
From what I've seen of Brown thus far, he will be in tough to make the Sens. Might be the first call-up but Batherson, Veroneau have him beat for spots. With the rest of the one way contracts, he's on the sidelines.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

White is still developing, and he projects to be a big part of the future as a C.

There is no way I'd move him out of position to accommodate Anisimov who, if we have any luck, won't be here in March.

Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy

MatchesMalone

Aug 29, 2010
White is still developing, and he projects to be a big part of the future as a C.

There is no way I'd move him out of position to accommodate Anisimov who, if we have any luck, won't be here in March.

Not interested in "accommodating Anisimov." I agree White is a big part of the future as a C. Doesn't mean we have to rush him into full-time first line center in his second season.

I'm never a fan of rushing young players into the role they are expected to play in the future. He'd be in over his head taking every faceoff and shouldering full defensive responsibility against elite centers every night. One alternative would be play him on the second line this season to shelter him a bit. But offensively, he and Tkachuk should be our top line, so why not let him share first line center responsibilities with Anisimov?

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Not interested in "accommodating Anisimov." I agree White is a big part of the future as a C. Doesn't mean we have to rush him into full-time first line center in his second season.

I'm never a fan of rushing young players into the role they are expected to play in the future. He'd be in over his head taking every faceoff and shouldering full defensive responsibility against elite centers every night. One alternative would be play him on the second line this season to shelter him a bit. But offensively, he and Tkachuk should be our top line, so why not let him share first line center responsibilities with Anisimov?

White is 22 and is heading into his 3rd pro season. At this point, I don't think he needs any sheltering. This season is when he should be put in every single important situation, so that next year when we're supposed to be competing for a playoff spot, he knows what it'll take.

This is already a young league, and it's getting younger. The days of sheltering 22 year olds (or developing young players like the Red Wings used to) are gone. Many of the elite centers he'll be going up against are just about his age (Matthews, Point, Barkov, Larkin, Dubois, Eichel, Aho...)

Ideally, we could fire Anisimov into the sun, but that doesn't look like it'll be possible.

Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

MatchesMalone

Aug 29, 2010
White is 22 and is heading into his 3rd pro season. At this point, I don't think he needs any sheltering. This season is when he should be put in every single important situation, so that next year when we're supposed to be competing for a playoff spot, he knows what it'll take.

This is already a young league, and it's getting younger. The days of sheltering 22 year olds (or developing young players like the Red Wings used to) are gone. Many of the elite centers he'll be going up against are just about his age (Matthews, Point, Barkov, Larkin, Dubois, Eichel, Aho...)

Ideally, we could fire Anisimov into the sun, but that doesn't look like it'll be possible.

In the scenario I suggested, this would indeed be the case. He would just have some help learning the ropes.

saskytaxi

Feb 13, 2019
sasky
Batherson and Brady are going to be a couple wrecking balls.

Batherson Lafreniere Tkachuk

one day please.

with branny and chabby on the back end hope my goodness hope we spoil leafs prime.
Need a stud upfront though like we did with old crew. Wish we had one with 65

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Batherson and Brady are going to be a couple wrecking balls.

Batherson Lafreniere Tkachuk

one day please.

with branny and chabby on the back end hope my goodness hope we spoil leafs prime.
Need a stud upfront though like we did with old crew. Wish we had one with 65

The Leafs prime is this year and next year. Their window will be open past that obviously but they’ll never ice as good a roster imo. Barrie will be hard to re-sign, Muzzin, even Andersen has only one more year after this one.

Our coming up will coincide nicely with the Bruins and Leafs icing slightly worse rosters :naughty:

Reactions: NB613

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009

Tkachuk White Brown

Duclair Pageau Batherson

Ennis Anisimov Ryan

Balcers Tierney Boedker

Paul Brown Verroneau

Chabot Zaitsev

Hainsey Brannstrom

Boro DeMelo

Lajoie Jaros

EDIT: Boedker was not on the ice.

The hilarious part is we are pretty much playing our NHL team lol

I think at this point his hands are crippled. You think they could LTIR him?

Why does that matter lol so we can save some more cash????

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->