Transfer: 2019-20 Winter Transfer News, Rumors, and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Fernandes is a good get for United, but then you realise that he's coming in to replace Pogba when he leaves in summer. So, this is a lateral move at best.

When he's better than Pogba (which is right at this moment) is when you realize it doesn't matter worth a damn if Pogba leaves. It does not matter whatsoever.

It may become a bit difficult to sell Pogba though as he is becoming rather injury prone. I'm sure they'll get more than what they paid for Bruno though.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Fernandes is a good get for United, but then you realise that he's coming in to replace Pogba when he leaves in summer. So, this is a lateral move at best.

Even if he is the Pogba replacement it's possible he could be an upgrade? Plus we were going to have to replace him anyways so this is a weird take on the move.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Also worth noting that Pogba has done virtually nothing for United this season since he’s been injured almost the entire time.

It’s not like they’d be adding Fernandes and then losing Pogba from the current squad. It would be adding Fernandes and then selling a guy who hasn’t played. Or adding Fernandes and then adding another top midfielder when Pogba comes back.

Reactions: Cucumber

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Upamecano is not going to be sold this window by Leipzig, but could be moved in the summer. Sounds are that he is still Arsenal's number one target and could cost 40 to 50 million due to his contract running out in 18 months. However, we also have to consider that he could be using Arsenal as a platform to get his contract demands. Leipzig recently saying they want 70 million and you could have (likely in the summer).

Arsenal looking at Nathan Ake as a replacement for Chambers, that would be a good get especially if Ake wants to get out. Rumours are that Chelsea have a 40 million buy-back clause in his contract. Another rumour is that Ake has a release clause in his contract at 50 million pounds, but it only activates in the summer window. Difficult deal to get done. Rather sign him instead of Maguire for Harry's fee IMO.

Reports out of Germany that Arsenal looking at Boateng for injury cover, 11-13 million pounds is the rumoured deal. Other sources that Bayern don't mind letting him go for free, only stipulation is that the team who takes him pays the rest of his wages' which is 96K per week.

Arsenal still want Thomas Lemar, Spurs also targeting him.

Arsenal linked with Max Aarons from Norwich City as a replacement for Bellerin. Some concern from sources in Arsenal who realise that Hector might never ever be the player he was before his injury.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Upamecano is not going to be sold this window by Leipzig, but could be moved in the summer. Sounds are that he is still Arsenal's number one target and could cost 40 to 50 million due to his contract running out in 18 months. However, we also have to consider that he could be using Arsenal as a platform to get his contract demands. Leipzig recently saying they want 70 million and you could have (likely in the summer).

Arsenal looking at Nathan Ake as a replacement for Chambers, that would be a good get especially if Ake wants to get out. Rumours are that Chelsea have a 40 million buy-back clause in his contract. Another rumour is that Ake has a release clause in his contract at 50 million pounds, but it only activates in the summer window. Difficult deal to get done. Rather sign him instead of Maguire for Harry's fee IMO.

Reports out of Germany that Arsenal looking at Boateng for injury cover, 11-13 million pounds is the rumoured deal. Other sources that Bayern don't mind letting him go for free, only stipulation is that the team who takes him pays the rest of his wages' which is 96K per week.

Arsenal still want Thomas Lemar, Spurs also targeting him.

Arsenal linked with Max Aarons from Norwich City as a replacement for Bellerin. Some concern from sources in Arsenal who realise that Hector might never ever be the player he was before his injury.
I read Barca were after Upamecano to replace the injury prone Umtiti.

The other names besides Aarons makes me want to puke.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I read Barca were after Upamecano to replace the injury prone Umtiti.

The other names besides Aarons makes me want to puke.
That makes a lot of sense, especially if Arsenal decide to go after Umtiti even with all the injuries. He's been heating up to us lately, but I think half of it is due to being BFFs with Lacazette (he goes to a lot of Arsenal games). If something happens, it will probably be in summer and it would be at a reduced rate which works for the Arsenal. Not a deal I would want even though Umtiti has shown he is dominant when healthy (and I say this is not as a fan).

A lot of those others have significantly reduced their smoke. The new one is that Arsenal has put in a enquiry for Franck Kessie. Don't think he's a player we need, especially considering half of our team lacks in the IQ department and Kessie is one of those blokes. However, even with the IQ issues I still argue that he's a solid player...just not for our club.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
That makes a lot of sense, especially if Arsenal decide to go after Umtiti even with all the injuries. He's been heating up to us lately, but I think half of it is due to being BFFs with Lacazette (he goes to a lot of Arsenal games). If something happens, it will probably be in summer and it would be at a reduced rate which works for the Arsenal. Not a deal I would want even though Umtiti has shown he is dominant when healthy (and I say this is not as a fan).

A lot of those others have significantly reduced their smoke. The new one is that Arsenal has put in a enquiry for Franck Kessie. Don't think he's a player we need, especially considering half of our team lacks in the IQ department and Kessie is one of those blokes. However, even with the IQ issues I still argue that he's a solid player...just not for our club.
Don't think Arsenal are in a position to acquire an Umtiti without CL football. Even if he is Lacazette's BFF.

I don't like Kessie either. The only player from Milan that would interest me is Romagnoli.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
TF do you go from appointing Setien to this garbage:
  • Barça apparently not interested in Olmo at the moment. FFS, get him and worry about it later. Dembele may be available in about two weeks, but he'll be injured two weeks after that. C'mon Quique, start making some waves.
  • That Todibo loan... How stupid can you be? It's called the power of "no". No, we're not going to agree to a loan deal because we're looking for a new manager who might want to keep the player. No, we're not going to give you an option to buy the player. No, we're not letting you go on loan as you have a contract with the club.
  • What's the point of topping the Money League table if you don't know what the hell you're doing?

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I think Juve would be most likely
I doubt that. It's just Madrid for him and if he can't have that he'd rather stay than leave for another club. And Madrid won't buy him, because that would be awful business (100+M for a player that wouldn't be a nailed on starter lmao)

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
I think Juve would be most likely

I am not even sure I want him back anymore even though we desperately need a player like him. I would have welcomed him back with open arms even though he orchestrated the leave. Now, he's I think almost 27 or he is 27 and he has done absolutely diddly squat for ManU other than acting like an Instagram model. ManU is going to ask for a ton of money even though his play doesn't warrant it.

If he comes back he comes back. I am no longer going to pray for his return.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Pogba is a classic example of raw talent not being enough. You got to have that drive. Obviously I don't know, but it doesn't seem like he has it.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, he's won a world cup. He's won a rack load of individual and team awards. I'm not sure drive is really the issue.

Even if he flames out (and I don't think he has) he's had a massive career.

As for not doing much, I think I can't really blame him. He got saddled with Jose, Ole and all that disaster. He basically was expected to lineup next to Fred and Matic's carcass? I mean, really? To go from having Kante do the hard work to that? Even the best footballers ever would have some trouble coming down to that.

I think you get him into a side with a manager who knows how to use him, along players fitting of his level, and all of a sudden he will magically look like the 100 million pound player again. I just think that ship has sailed at United. It probably sailed a season or two ago.

and yuck, having to say all that while not being a fan of his at all is tough.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I mean, he's won a world cup. He's won a rack load of individual and team awards. I'm not sure drive is really the issue.

Even if he flames out (and I don't think he has) he's had a massive career.

As for not doing much, I think I can't really blame him. He got saddled with Jose, Ole and all that disaster. He basically was expected to lineup next to Fred and Matic's carcass? I mean, really? To go from having Kante do the hard work to that? Even the best footballers ever would have some trouble coming down to that.

I think you get him into a side with a manager who knows how to use him, along players fitting of his level, and all of a sudden he will magically look like the 100 million pound player again. I just think that ship has sailed at United. It probably sailed a season or two ago.

and yuck, having to say all that while not being a fan of his at all is tough.

Drive as in how good could he have been.

Maybe his early potential was just that - potential?

Not saying Pogba isn't good, but I believe he could have been so much more. Quite unique how he is big, strong, technical, good vision etc. I honestly can't think of any modern day midfield player that has it all the same way he does. Modric, Xavi, Iniesta etc. all have had obvious short-comings while still being the "best". Pogba really has no obvious short-coming. Still no-one would ever considering him being close to those three and quite a few others.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Really liked him 4-5 years ago, but he's been trash in nearly PSG game I've seen. Club will be trying to sell Kolasinac in the summer I reckon.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Makes sense for Arsenal, but I don't see how it makes sense for Kurzawa. I have been told by the Arsenal-supporters on here that Tierney is going to be world class so.....

Kurzawa should move to a club where he can be clear first choice.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street

Really liked him 4-5 years ago, but he's been trash in nearly PSG game I've seen. Club will be trying to sell Kolasinac in the summer I reckon.

rIMkK7c.jpg

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Makes sense for Arsenal, but I don't see how it makes sense for Kurzawa. I have been told by the Arsenal-supporters on here that Tierney is going to be world class so.....

Tierney is out for month(s) with a shoulder dislocation.

Arsenal still after Bruno Guimarães and Paranaenses' Director of Football even mentioned that Arsenal are in talks over him. A problem is that Benfica has officially put in a bid of around 20-ish million Euros with some add-ons. The biggest problem is that Bruno is owned by a third party investors and this concept isn't allowed in England. Arsenal still very much want him.

Last edited:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

Tierney and Kola are both injured for Arsenal. Tierney is out perhaps for the whole season.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I know, but as far as I see they are not talking about a loan? If so what about the next 3-4 years?

Even a loan doesn't make sense for the player so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad