Transfer: 2019-20 Winter Transfer News, Rumors, and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Drive as in how good could he have been.

Maybe his early potential was just that - potential?

Not saying Pogba isn't good, but I believe he could have been so much more. Quite unique how he is big, strong, technical, good vision etc. I honestly can't think of any modern day midfield player that has it all the same way he does. Modric, Xavi, Iniesta etc. all have had obvious short-comings while still being the "best". Pogba really has no obvious short-coming. Still no-one would ever considering him being close to those three and quite a few others.

He could be the perfect midfielder if he actually looked like he cares.

He could end up like what I call " what could have been" player. There are plenty of those players.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
He could be the perfect midfielder if he actually looked like he cares.

He could end up like what I call " what could have been" player. There are plenty of those players.

I mean he’s definitely had consistency issues throughout his career, but at the same time since he’s been at United his best partner in midfield has been Ander Herrera. Who while a good players is still a couple tiers down than most other elite midfield partners.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I doubt that. It's just Madrid for him and if he can't have that he'd rather stay than leave for another club. And Madrid won't buy him, because that would be awful business (100+M for a player that wouldn't be a nailed on starter lmao)
Madrid is going to make Mbappe their big signing this summer IMO.

I am not even sure I want him back anymore even though we desperately need a player like him. I would have welcomed him back with open arms even though he orchestrated the leave. Now, he's I think almost 27 or he is 27 and he has done absolutely diddly squat for ManU other than acting like an Instagram model. ManU is going to ask for a ton of money even though his play doesn't warrant it.

If he comes back he comes back. I am no longer going to pray for his return.
I think we've seen from this summer that the Juve board have no idea what they're doing. They were close to selling Dybala who is their best player atm.

It would not shock me to see them make more haste decisions this summer.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Arsenal have been heavily scouting Djene Dakonam for a potential deal in summer.

It seems that to surpass the lack of funds for Winter Arsenal are trying to make deals for the summer, but are then trying to get them on loans until the deal activates in the summer.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
meh hardly plays, below average lb for the prem and is over 30. He wanted to leave no doubt as well. So not like Man Utd had any leverage. iirc only 6months left on the contact as well.

I was being facetious. I mean he'll be fine as a depth piece there I guess, but he's past it currently.

Reactions: Cucumber

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
Pogba to PSG if Mbappe leaves for Madrid.

We aren't selling unless we get 80-100m for him. PSG, and Maybe Madrid or Bayern are only teams who might throw that money at him. I doubt he goes back to Juve, although I feel his skill set is best suited to the Italian game. His flair, strength and dominance is allowed more so in Italy then England. Besides KDB there isn't really a CM in the prem who has similar traits to Pogba.

Also in defense of Pogba he has been playing with Herrera/Matic/Fred/Fellani? since he came to Utd as a CDM. His best position is in CM in a 433.

Imo once Pogba is back Ole should try to go get a team like this when healthy
Martial Rashford James/Greenwood
Mata Pogba
Scotty
Shaw Maguire Lindelof AWB

Dalot willams and Mensah should be getting more playing time.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Dortmund linked with another CB, Marash Kumbulla. I don't think so. Bad link.

JBL has interest from Frankfurt. I hope he goes. It'll open up some garbage minutes for Reyna. Reyna might take his minutes anyway.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
In some seemingly good news, Barça apparently closing in on Yan Couto. Kid looks the business and the fee looks to be cheap.

I was being facetious. I mean he'll be fine as a depth piece there I guess, but he's past it currently.

IMO Serie A is a slight step down, but either way Conte might be able to get something out of him. He could flop entirely and it's not bad business by Inter considering the fee.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Potter looking to Genk in an attempt to buy Samatta. Had 38 goals last year in all comps, would be a good add.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
I think we've seen from this summer that the Juve board have no idea what they're doing. They were close to selling Dybala who is their best player atm.

It would not shock me to see them make more haste decisions this summer.

You are pretty much spot on the whole the part. As for the bolded, I can't argue that.

It's been years and we are still waiting for a proper midfield

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
Dortmund linked with another CB, Marash Kumbulla. I don't think so. Bad link.

JBL has interest from Frankfurt. I hope he goes. It'll open up some garbage minutes for Reyna. Reyna might take his minutes anyway.

Whoever gets him is going to get a really good young player. I hear he wants to stay in Italy and Inter have jumped ahead of Napoli for him. We'll see.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He's going to Milan.

Well that sucks

One of the best Argentina prospects out there for 8 million. Rejected but the gulf in prices between Brasil and Argentinean prospects still amazes and bewilders me. Parma,Genoa and Atalanta all competing for him, I hope he lasts one more year than makes his move.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Well that sucks

One of the best Argentina prospects out there for 8 million. Rejected but the gulf in prices between Brasil and Argentinean prospects still amazes and bewilders me. Parma,Genoa and Atalanta all competing for him, I hope he lasts one more year than makes his move.

I signed him for an MLS team in FIFA. I know irrelevant entirely but I thought you’d get a kick out of it. :laugh:

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Well that sucks

Obviously not done yet so we'll see, but I'd be shocked if we get him. On the one hand for the rumored fee I think he's good value. On the other he left the club back in the day so I'm not too chuffed on paying to bring him back. I know I've said I wanted us to buy him, but after seeing some of the players leaving the past year and knowing we still have guys like Alena, Puig, Moriba, etc waiting in the wings I'd rather see them get their chance. And I'm applying this to Guardiola as well. City keeps going after some of the La Masia boys when they turn 16 (they can offer contracts we can't) so he can stay there and enjoy them.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
He's going to Milan.

Doesnt appear he will move this month due to FFP issues with Milan and some agent fees (something similar to the Haaland transfer)

Croatian media reporting that Leipzig and Leverkusen could be interested but I doubt they pay the 30m which is now the asking price from Dinamo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->