Transfer: 2019-20 Winter Transfer News, Rumors, and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
You can still have a great team with a guy like AWB at RB. Chelsea have done it for years with Ivanovic and Azpilicueta.

Yeah but we're talking about beating Klopp and Pep now, the two teams that those guys have. They have raised the benchmark to 95 points a season and they both have a great base to sell and buy players if they feel like they need to.

I straight out don't believe that can be done with a defensive fullback like him, and he cost 53 million. Near record fee for a fullback.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Does City really get that much offense from their FBs?

Their job is basically to run forward, provide width, and throw in some pullbacks. They don’t do remotely what Liverpool’s pair does.

I see no reason why AWB can’t be at the same level going forward that Walker has been for City while being miles better defensively once he gets a couple years.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Their job is basically to run forward, provide width, and throw in some pullbacks. They don’t do remotely what Liverpool’s pair does.

I see no reason why AWB can’t be at the same level going forward that Walker has been for City while being miles better defensively once he gets a couple years.

Zinchenko played basically as a left midfielder before points in the game that Sane would take his position. So I would say yes. I think he's underrated overall.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

Fullback is not the problem. It is obvious they need better midfielders. And also more firepower from their forwards. No disrespect to Martial/James but there is a gulf in quality compared to the likes of Martial, Mane, Aguero, Sterling, Mahrez and all the great wingers in the premier league. Also, they would also need a better center forward for link-up between the forwards.

If I were United I would get Bruno Fernandes right now. Sell Pogba in the summer and the dead weight to get one of the best striker and winger in the game.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Zinchenko played basically as a left midfielder before points in the game that Sane would take his position. So I would say yes. I think he's underrated overall.

And he’s started like 20 games for city in the last 3 years.

They have some talented offensive FBs, but they didn’t go nuts the last 2 years because of offense from their FBs, they did it because their midfield and front 3 dominated teams.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Fullback is not the problem. It is obvious they need better midfielders. And also more firepower from their forwards. No disrespect to Martial/James but there is a gulf in quality compared to the likes of Martial, Mane, Aguero, Sterling, Mahrez and all the great wingers in the premier league. Also, they would also need a better center forward for link-up between the forwards.

If I were United I would get Bruno Fernandes right now. Sell Pogba in the summer and the dead weight to get one of the best striker and winger in the game.

I agree.

Marital is a fine rotational striker, James would be a good squad player, but they’re no starters for a PL title challenging team.

I disagree on striker though, at least for a couple years. between Rashford, Martial, and Greenwood, I think they’re alright *if* they can fix the gaping holes in the midfield and at RW.

Sancho would obviously be a dream come true, and a front three of Sancho on the right, James/Rashford on the left, and Martial/greenwood in the middle would be solid, especially if you had a guy like Fernandes at the 10.

I’d be shocked is Sancho wanted to come to United now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad