Transfer: 2019-20 Winter Transfer News, Rumors, and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Thrilled if that goes through. I thought the first match against Salzburg was the Minamino Show.

This clip is priceless.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Of course Minamino will cost less. That's why it is a good choice even if I personally rate Hwang higher.

For Spurs related news, I saw The Athletic claim that Foyth wants to leave in January if he doesn't get to play more. Can't blame him really. Part of me wants to see if he can play as a holding midfielder since Eric Dier clearly can't. Just as an experiment. I think he has a lot of the right attributes for it. Doubt it happens sadly.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Of course Minamino will cost less. That's why it is a good choice even if I personally rate Hwang higher.

For Spurs related news, I saw The Athletic claim that Foyth wants to leave in January if he doesn't get to play more. Can't blame him really. Part of me wants to see if he can play as a holding midfielder since Eric Dier clearly can't. Just as an experiment. I think he has a lot of the right attributes for it. Doubt it happens sadly.
Nothing wrong with Hwang either. I’d take both. Glad to be getting one

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I'd take either one if you asked me, heck, get both, but I will say that Hee-chan's numbers when he was at Hamburger weren't anything to write home about (though they were pretty meh), and he does play a bit more forward where I think Minamino is pegged as a midfield/wing guy for Liverpool.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Perfect cheap signing. Allows Klopp to shift Shaqiri on and keep that cycle going.

With the new Nike deal they actually get some of shirt sales and if he’s good you’d think there would be a lot.

I did also want him signed so this sounds particularly good to me.

Few more stories trickling out saying this is done. Get the van.

I'm very into this signing; much better signing than Shaqiri IMO.

Minamino is hard working, talented, versatile and still young so time for Klopp to coach him into his prime. Plus it's a super cheap signing. Perfect deal and one I would have liked to see in the summer! I think he'll be much better than Lallana was for us; I also think he's the first player I can see bringing similar traits to Firmino for us...Minimino, if you will. Seems almost like a done deal with that stuff and this:

Reactions: Machinehead

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Both are stupid moves and both have ruined their careers, so I couldn't careless where they go now. However, I enjoy the warm weather so, I would rather be in Miami.
At least in Miami they’re going big for a manager. Still don’t have one but have been linked to Gallardo (very heavily) and Vieira.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
At least in Miami they’re going big for a manager. Still don’t have one but have been linked to Gallardo (very heavily) and Vieira.
Gallardo came out and said he will be coaching for River plate in the new year. Pretty much squashed all my hopes. Lets regroup in the summer. Either those boys are done regarding their hopes to be stars.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Spurs will probably dupe another English club like they did with Wimmer Lol.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Gallardo came out and said he will be coaching for River plate in the new year. Pretty much squashed all my hopes. Lets regroup in the summer. Either those boys are done regarding their hopes to be stars.
Yeah I saw that. I think Kranevitter won’t become much else but Driussi is only 23 still. Under the right manager, he could turn back around. The MLS is trying to become closer to the Dutch/Belgium/Portuguese leagues and become a feeder for the top leagues. Players I could see moving within the next few years include Barco, Rossi, and Rodríguez. These are players that most people here should know but not all of them. There are more and more teams investing in scouting and their academies and not spending on mediocre talent. It’s fun to see.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

He's talented just needs to clean up his game, he's pretty smart to just clumsy. If mou is not seeing his value it doesnt bode well for his career though.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah I saw that. I think Kranevitter won’t become much else but Driussi is only 23 still. Under the right manager, he could turn back around. The MLS is trying to become closer to the Dutch/Belgium/Portuguese leagues and become a feeder for the top leagues. Players I could see moving within the next few years include Barco, Rossi, and Rodríguez. These are players that most people here should know but not all of them. There are more and more teams investing in scouting and their academies and not spending on mediocre talent. It’s fun to see.

I'm sure its exciting times but there hasnt been a single player from Argentina that went to the MLS and was better off. I'd be willing to bet Barco wont amount to anything a big reason is his MLS time.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'm sure its exciting times but there hasnt been a single player from Argentina that went to the MLS and was better off. I'd be willing to bet Barco wont amount to anything a big reason is his MLS time.
How many players from Argentina went to MLS that were expected to amount to something before Barco? Barco was good to great last season. I see him solidifying that next season and then moving on in either the 2020 summer window or 2021 winter window. I think he would do well in Spain actually.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
How many players from Argentina went to MLS that were expected to amount to something before Barco? Barco was good to great last season. I see him solidifying that next season and then moving on in either the 2020 summer window or 2021 winter window. I think he would do well in Spain actually.

Off the top of my head Martinez and him. Barco was the next big thing for Argentina... right now he's looking like a worse version of Correa.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
What about Pavon

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Off the top of my head Martinez and him. Barco was the next big thing for Argentina... right now he's looking like a worse version of Correa.
Not this season. He was finally healthy. This season he was actually pretty good. If he continues that this season and secures a move to an attacking team, he will be right back up there in top Argentinian prospects/players. The problem for any player that is considered the next big thing is living up to the hype. I mean you see it all the time. These players do well in youth levels get hyped up beyond belief and still become a solid squad player but are considered a failure cause they aren’t Messi.

Also Pity (I think that’s the Martínez you’re talking about) and Pavón were both after Barco. You gotta give them time to say anything. Pavón was excellent last season and he will be leading the line for the Galaxy with Ibra gone.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
What about Pavon

not good

Not this season. He was finally healthy. This season he was actually pretty good. If he continues that this season and secures a move to an attacking team, he will be right back up there in top Argentinian prospects/players. The problem for any player that is considered the next big thing is living up to the hype. I mean you see it all the time. These players do well in youth levels get hyped up beyond belief and still become a solid squad player but are considered a failure cause they aren’t Messi.

Also Pity (I think that’s the Martínez you’re talking about) and Pavón were both after Barco. You gotta give them time to say anything. Pavón was excellent last season and he will be leading the line for the Galaxy with Ibra gone.

Fair enough but they can be world class players still. Lautaro, Dybala and Icardi. Dont need to be Messi.

As for Pity and Pavon I never rated either player that much. Pavon in particular was pretty bad for Boca before his move to the MLS. I'm willing to give them all the time they need but they shouldnt be counted on at all.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'm very into this signing; much better signing than Shaqiri IMO.

Minamino is hard working, talented, versatile and still young so time for Klopp to coach him into his prime. Plus it's a super cheap signing. Perfect deal and one I would have liked to see in the summer! I think he'll be much better than Lallana was for us; I also think he's the first player I can see bringing similar traits to Firmino for us...Minimino, if you will. Seems almost like a done deal with that stuff and this:

I mean if Pearce, Joyce and Reddy are all saying it. It’s very likely.
Minamino may not start much, but he is going to plug in anywhere. I think he plays a lot up front actually.

Reactions: YNWA14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad